Pandigital's 9-inch Novel

• Please log in to reply
349 replies to this topic

#341 NovelUser

NovelUser

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 11:27 PM

I am new to the tablet world, but have been a former software developer for years. I recently purchased a Canadian version of the Pandigital Novel eReader with the following specs:

Platform: RD201-2GB-W
Kernel: 2.6.29
Android Ver: Eclair

I was trying to find more info on removing installed system apps. Can someone tell me please how to uninstall unwanted system apps like Alarm clock, weather, stock, browser...etc. all the current market apps that will do this all talk about rooted and non-rooted devices. I don't know what i have here or how to make it work. I have read a few forums that give instructions by accessing unix via a terminal emulator (which i installed), but have had no luck getting any of it to work. I am really wanting to remove the pre-installed browser so i can install firefox instead. Low memory prevents me from doing this, so i would like to remove a few system apps to free up space. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tom.

#342 dagwoodmash

dagwoodmash

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 01:10 PM

I used the app system toolbox on Android app market to remove system apps. When you get into the remove system apps section hit your menu and hit all system apps. As of right now I don't think Firefox supports arm 6 devices. I tried a month ago and no luck.

#343 NovelUser

NovelUser

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 11:44 AM

Thanks for the info Dagwoodmash,

i tried what you suggested and no luck...it says that system is mounted R/W. But it fails to remove any apps....other apps i have tried say that i don't have root access. Still in the dark here. I know there must be a string of unix commands put through the terminal emulator that will grant me access to this function. i thought maybe this forum had some knowledgeable unix guys that would know this stuff in a snap, i guess i will have to try another forum. Thanks for you efforts!

Tom

I used the app system toolbox on Android app market to remove system apps. When you get into the remove system apps section hit your menu and hit all system apps. As of right now I don't think Firefox supports arm 6 devices. I tried a month ago and no luck.

#344 dagwoodmash

dagwoodmash

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 05:53 PM

If you use roebeets alternative firmware for 9 inch pandigital you will get root access. As well a market access. Make sure you have the 9 inch pandigital and you are using the correct firmware that is for the 9 inch. Then system toolbox will work.

#345 propagator

propagator

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 11:45 PM

I appreciate the comments on the 9", going to big lots to look tomorrow, $79, do you all still like yours

#346 tavi

tavi

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 09:40 PM

I am new to the tablet world, but have been a former software developer for years. I recently purchased a Canadian version of the Pandigital Novel eReader with the following specs:

Platform: RD201-2GB-W
Kernel: 2.6.29
Android Ver: Eclair

I was trying to find more info on removing installed system apps. Can someone tell me please how to uninstall unwanted system apps like Alarm clock, weather, stock, browser...etc. all the current market apps that will do this all talk about rooted and non-rooted devices. I don't know what i have here or how to make it work. I have read a few forums that give instructions by accessing unix via a terminal emulator (which i installed), but have had no luck getting any of it to work. I am really wanting to remove the pre-installed browser so i can install firefox instead. Low memory prevents me from doing this, so i would like to remove a few system apps to free up space. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tom.

just got the same ereader but has no androind marke any help on getting this installed would be appriciated

#347 teradogbyte

teradogbyte

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 09:44 PM

I have firefox working well... didn't uninstall anything

#348 rericb

rericb

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 02:44 AM

So is there a way to get angry birds on the 9 " i bought it for my kids and i looked on that market and did t find it but its not android its something with a U

#349 rericb

rericb

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 03:04 AM

How do u get apps

#350 micwag2

micwag2

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 02:37 PM

How do u get apps

Easy. Without rooting and installing a ROM, you can download from Amazon apps, Soc.io mall, Slideme, and Android Pit. Theres probably more markets if you google it. Keep in mind that many of the apps to the Google Market may not work to your PDN anyway. There are plenty to apps to these other markets that will.

Edited by micwag2, 02 December 2011 - 02:39 PM.

• teradogbyte likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users