ADB Install, Root Cruz Reader?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 harobikes34

harobikes34

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 09:28 PM

Hi, i have a Cruz Reader R103 and i want to root it so i can get the official android market. Ive been following Pandabombs guide on how to do it. I haven't flashed it with the Macho Rom yet, since i want to have all the software installed and running before i do it. I have the Android SDK and Java SE SDK installed. But when i plug my Reader in there is no option in the Device Manager to install the ADB driver. Just two Android UMS Composite Device and two Generic Volumes. Do i have to flash it with the Macho Rom before it will appear in my Device Manager? I am running windows Xp, and will i be able to get the official android market?

#2 zires

zires

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • LocationBethel, CT

Posted 31 January 2011 - 10:26 AM

Hey,

You need to follow the instructions regarding USB ADB drivers on the cruz website. I thought macho was rooted already and yes full market. I was going to get the reader because of macho but got the tablet instead.

#3 harobikes34

harobikes34

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 12:56 PM

Hey,

You need to follow the instructions regarding USB ADB drivers on the cruz website. I thought macho was rooted already and yes full market. I was going to get the reader because of macho but got the tablet instead.

Yeah i tried following those directions but the device wouldn't show up in my device manager. I ended up flashing it with the macho rom and it got me the market. It seems to be running smooth, but its slow so i am going to give SetCPU a try and see if that makes it a tiny bit faster.

#4 GJSmith3rd

GJSmith3rd

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 01:22 PM

I think you guys should be in the Cruz Reader Forum.

http://www.slatedroi...php?board=126.0

This is the Cruz Tablet Forum.

#5 gjbnh

gjbnh

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 11:54 AM

Hmmm, I'm beginning to think that there is a problem with the board. I have no listing for a Cruz Tablet Forum, just a Cuz Reader Forum. The Tablet Forum is not showing up on my browser. Should it??

#6 moonbase

moonbase

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 12:00 PM

Hmmm, I'm beginning to think that there is a problem with the board. I have no listing for a Cruz Tablet Forum, just a Cuz Reader Forum. The Tablet Forum is not showing up on my browser. Should it??

Here is the thread for the tablet. It's on the main forum page down toward the bottom. http://www.slatedroi...php?board=178.0 . Personally I wouldn't mind seeing a Velocity Micro Thread that contained both the reader and the tablet. With the reader being bundled with the pandigital novel it could be a bit confusing to the new comers. Just a thought.

#7 gjbnh

gjbnh

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 01:31 PM

AHH thanks :)

#8 oligopolycorp

oligopolycorp

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 06:26 AM

need approval.should i have regular java 7 on my computer to get the sdk to work?tried installing android sdk afterwards,says i need java dev kit, which version 7 i had downloaded.Any ideas?