Photo

Flytouch 3 / Superpad 2 with Android 2.2 ???

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#1 looun

looun

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 06:52 AM

i found this

http://chinagrabber....-flytouch3.aspx

report:

The Flytouch3 (upgraded Android 2.2 operating system - Flytouch2 only has android 2.1.
Superpad 2 is the Upgraded Android 2.2 froyo O/S Version. Previously the Super Pad only had 2.1.

In addition to the Android 2.2 upgrade this apad tablet improves on its predecessors by adding 4gb of Nandflash, instead of 2gb, and 512mb DDR instead of 256mb.

Note: Unit runs Android 2.2 but only comes with Android 2.1 Manual at the moment. Android 2.2 Manual's will be available after the Chinese New Year

so Android 2.2 Froyo OS need 512mb DDR

on review zt-180 upgrade official to 2.2  he say

hardware limitations of the ePad (256Mb RAM) Android 2.2 doesn’t run quite as smoothly as the older firmware and  they would recommend ePad owners to keep running the original Android 2.1 OS.

but ....
i use quick system info pro to kill all process, no wowhome, so i have 80mb ram free.. i hope it is possibile , no faster only few program in same time

#2 fazan_na_drvetu

fazan_na_drvetu

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 05:12 PM

good find mate!

#3 ramblintab

ramblintab

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 04:10 AM

Yea, right on OP.  I have been looking for a place with these actually in stock.

#4 unixbob

unixbob

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 01:49 PM

Froyo doesn't "need" 512mb.  The ZT180 has a beta build of Froyo and that's only got 256mb.  The Nationite midnite only has 256mb of RAM and that comes from the factory with Froyo.  Might mean we can backport that ROM to the Flytouch 2 though

#5 cruxader

cruxader

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 10:03 PM

Froyo doesn't "need" 512mb.  The ZT180 has a beta build of Froyo and that's only got 256mb.  The Nationite midnite only has 256mb of RAM and that comes from the factory with Froyo.  Might mean we can backport that ROM to the Flytouch 2 though

Heard from some seller (not dealer) selling his ZT180 v2 - the 512MB 4G 2.2 Froyo pad.
Flash 10.1 still does not work.

Bummer!

#6 unixbob

unixbob

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 05:02 PM

Heard from some seller (not dealer) selling his ZT180 v2 - the 512MB 4G 2.2 Froyo pad.

Bummer!

Adobe have never released Flash for the Arm6 processor (of which the Arm 9 is a derivative) so even with Froyo it's not going to work until Adobe release a compatible version

#7 yuppietab

yuppietab

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 04:01 AM

good find mate!

Ya, i been waiting for a 10" froyo tab..any reviews on this?

#8 scarytas

scarytas

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationTasmania, Australia

Posted 01 February 2011 - 05:57 AM

I bit the bullet a couple of days ago and ordered a Superpad2 from Chinagrabber.

It might be the best, or worst, decision I have made this year.

According to the tracking details it is at least in the post, but I suspect another couple of weeks to wait.

Then I can get to have a play with my very first tab :)

#9 ramblintab

ramblintab

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 07:39 AM

i found this

report:

The Flytouch3 (upgraded Android 2.2 operating system - Flytouch2 only has android 2.1.
Superpad 2 is the Upgraded Android 2.2 froyo O/S Version. Previously the Super Pad only had 2.1.

In addition to the Android 2.2 upgrade this apad tablet improves on its predecessors by adding 4gb of Nandflash, instead of 2gb, and 512mb DDR instead of 256mb.

Note: Unit runs Android 2.2 but only comes with Android 2.1 Manual at the moment. Android 2.2 Manual's will be available after the Chinese New Year

on review zt-180 upgrade official to 2.2  he say

hardware limitations of the ePad (256Mb RAM) Android 2.2 doesn’t run quite as smoothly as the older firmware and  they would recommend ePad owners to keep running the original Android 2.1 OS.

but ....
i use quick system info pro to kill all process, no wowhome, so i have 80mb ram free.. i hope it is possibile , no faster only few program in same time

i do not think the ZT-180-2 is an upgrade, i think it is a totally new machine as it has webcam, and quite a few other new features - i cannot confirm as do not have this device.

The Flytouch3 / Superpad2 is a totally different tablet so if the ZT-180-2 is an upgrade, you would be better with the Superpad-2 it looks like.

#10 ramblintab

ramblintab

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 10:36 AM

does this have android market built in?

the description says it does. anyone get theirs yet?

#11 chris_j11

chris_j11

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 01:35 PM

it looks like all they did was update the ram to 512 - to make it run better for 2.2
but i still think the processor is not that good - assuming they say 1gz when actually it's 799mhz and can run up to 1gz
also still using resistive, single touch
fly3 is not much of a upgrade compare to fly2

i own fly2 and although i'm satisfied for what's it is capable of to how much i paid for it, i would now prefer a tegra2 /cortex type processor

#12 romeroraz

romeroraz

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 07:05 AM

i think the 6400mah battery is also an upgrade. How big was the older battery? How many hours can you use it for?

#13 scarytas

scarytas

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationTasmania, Australia

Posted 07 February 2011 - 01:40 AM

[quote author=looun link=topic=15688.msg128637#msg128637 date=1296215537]
i found this

report:
[quote]The Flytouch3 (upgraded Android 2.2 operating system - Flytouch2 only has android 2.1.

[/quote]

OK my Superpad 2 arrived from ChinaGrabber today...very nice, but one major problem.

Firstly the good bits.
Booted up first go...no registration codes.  Market preinstalled.  connected via ethernet, logged in to market, downloaded apps.

However, wasn't able to do much more as the initial charge from the factory was soon depleted, and the CHARGER WON'T WORK!!!!  Grrr....

Either that or the internals are stuffed!

Would like to play and check out all the rest of the stuff.
I guess the first step will be to take the charger in somewhere and get it checked to see if it is working...or not.

Hopefully it is just a faulty charger as I don't really want to send it back to China!

#14 ElPasoTablet

ElPasoTablet

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 04:38 PM

My flytouch 2 has a little issue at the plug for charger as it seem not to connet at times but a twist 45 degrees and the light comes on.

ElPasoTablet

#15 p0nk0

p0nk0

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 06:54 PM

@scarytas

i think you're the first onecto order the flytouch3/superpad 2 when you get it can you tell us if it comes with the same ports as the flytouch 2. several of the pictures from the sides have the same ports, maybe we could use it's firmware to upgrade the flytouch 2.

#16 ramblintab

ramblintab

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 08:12 AM

@scarytas

i think you're the first onecto order the flytouch3/superpad 2 when you get it can you tell us if it comes with the same ports as the flytouch 2. several of the pictures from the sides have the same ports, maybe we could use it's firmware to upgrade the flytouch 2.

it looks from the pictures that it only has 1 tf card slots, whereas the Flytouch2 has dual tf slots...  RJ45 are dual as in the first version. 

I ordered several days ago as well so will confirm once received.

#17 cruxader

cruxader

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 02:24 AM

Bummer!

Adobe have never released Flash for the Arm6 processor (of which the Arm 9 is a derivative) so even with Froyo it's not going to work until Adobe release a compatible version

That is BAD....
I guess that is where I will to part company with FT2/3 series.
I need Flash 10.1 more than Froyo....
To double as full function tablet for my kids/clients, they have to access flash enabled sites.
Either for their dose of news, entertainment or just homework!
Did not realize how crippling the lack of Flash was until I got my Ft2.
Lot's of sites just do not work well without it....

#18 ramblintab

ramblintab

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 04:56 AM

@scarytas

I just got my Flytouch3 and am happy so far.

It only has one TF card slot, and dual rj45 ports.

One thing was the charger was hard to find, after asking the seller found out it was at the bottom of the box (under the inner plastic carton)..

#19 ramblintab

ramblintab

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 06:37 AM

i found a minor issue with the flytouch3 / Superpad2. While I knew flash wasn't supported, it seems that there is a Youtube app on the device. Yet, i get an error message when I try to launch it. Does anyone know where I can download this Youtube app?

#20 stolik

stolik

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 03:12 AM

... It only has one TF card slot, and dual rj45 ports.

dual rj45 ? is it right, or you meant 2*USB?