Photo

Velocity Cruz Tablet Processor (Ingenic JZ4760)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 androidophile

androidophile

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 04:48 PM

Ingenic JZ4760 processor

Datasheet: ftp://ftp.ingenic.cn/2soc/4760/JZ4760_ds.pdf

Ingenic Press Release:

The award-winning JZ4760 for the mainland's first domestic smart phones, tablet PCs and other mobile devices, dual-core CPU application processor chip, using independent innovation XBurst Jun is dual-core CPU micro-architecture. Chip CPU frequency up to 600MHz, supports 720P HD decoding and graphics processing, compared with the same chip has the best price and the lowest operating power consumption, support for Android, Linux, RTOS and other operating systems for smart phones, tablet PCs mobile Internet TV and other mobile Internet terminals.

Translated through Google.  Source link: http://translate.goo...een9-yTXE2mlWcw

Specs from the Ingenic Site:

JZ4760 is a high performance, highly integrated, ultra low power application processor chip, built-in powerful video engine and graphics engine for smart phones, tablet PCs, GPS navigation and e-books and other mobile devices. JZ4760 chip king is based on innovative XBurst CPU micro-architecture, CPU frequency up to 600MHz, supports SIMD and floating point instructions, integrated a wealth of common peripherals. JZ4760 support for Android, Linux, WinCE, RTOS and other operating systems, support WiFi/3G/BT/TV module, can provide smooth mobile Internet experience.

CPU     XBurst, 600MHz
VPU 720P Decoder
GPU 2D Graphics, Alpha Blending, Up to 100M Pix / S and 1080P
Mem-IF 8/16-bit SRAM, Nor Flash
SLC / MLC / TLC NAND Flash, support 4/8/12/24 bit ECC check
16/32-bit DDR2/DDR/Mobile DDR SDRAM
Peripherals AC97/I2S/SPDIF, Audio Code, LCD-IF, TV Encoder, EPD IF, Camera IF, I2C, SPI, UART, SDIO, SIM IF, SADC, TS-IF
Package BGA345, 14mm x 14mm x 1.1mm, 0.65mm pitch
Process 0.13um CMOS

Translated through Google.  Source link: http://translate.goo.../www.ingenic.cn

#2 GJSmith3rd

GJSmith3rd

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 05:39 PM

The Adroid System Info App reports the following for the Cruz Tablet T10x Series:

system type: JZ4760
hardware: PT701
processor 0
cpu model: Ingenic Xburst V4.15 FPU V0.0
BogoMIPS 527.56
wait instrurctions: yes
microsecond timers: no
tlb entries: 32
extra interrupt vector: yes
hardware watchpoint: yes, count
ASEs implemented: mxu
shadow register sets: 1
core 0
VCED exceptions: not available
VCEI exceptions: not available

#3 pdqtech

pdqtech

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 06:06 PM

These are great hardware documents. Does anyone know where to get the specs on the T301 LCD screen and the touchscreen manufacturer or its schematics?

#4 BonfireMIPS

BonfireMIPS

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 08:35 PM

No but it is definitely worth contacting Velocity about those particular details since they are pretty good about responding. I don't see why they would not want to divulge the touch screen specs. While they have not been willing to share the source code for either the t301 or t10x, this should really be no problem.

Are you simply curious or with the touchscreen information could someone use this to improve responsiveness...or other characteristics?

#5 pdqtech

pdqtech

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 10:40 PM

I would like this info to fix my touchscreen. My touchscreen has become unresponsive and I have traced the problem to the touchscreen hardware. I initially thought that it was a calibration problem and updated the tablet, but that didn't fix the issue. Then I borrowed a friend's tablet and the result was unequivically a hardware issue. My next step is to try and source the touchscreen specs and trace that portion. I am pretty confident that once I have it I can fix it. I was able to source the LCD screen manufacturer for the screen. I would appriciate any help or direction anyone can provide.