New Firmware deb r-2.1.1623

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#21 Mdlevesque

Mdlevesque

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 08:46 AM

Hi everyone, thanks to all that replied, I persevered as the instructions said. I had to go through it 4 times and reversed to Wipe data cach /factory reset on my last try. It seems to be up and running now. Will play around and report back but all seems good now. Thanks again!!!  :P

#22 Fabry

Fabry

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 09:31 AM

No, I don't think you need to go back to 1170. All you have to do is wipe all factory and cache data before doing the update.zip from the sd card. You can see those 2 options in the recovery menu!

I have done this even when I have installed r1568 but the result was always a slower tablet (still usable but slower and laggy).
Someone instead tell that r1568 is fast, but they have updated from v1170

So I ask if there could be problems to apply update.zip (r1623) over r1480

#23 urphonesux

urphonesux

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 10:27 AM

no i updated from 1568

#24 davo89

davo89

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 11:36 AM

I had this problem with 1568.  If you go into manage applications, find the Market and then uninstall updates  then the original market will start again.  that's been a reliable method for me getting the market working if I've been getting server errors.  Then at some point in the background the market updates to the latest version and it's all fine.  I've not installed this new update yet so can't confirm if that still works, but perhaps worth a try

I tried that method (and others) about 6 times each and it did not work, but when I wiped the cache partition and reapplied the update, everything worked fine.  I am happily running 1623.

How did you wipe the cache partition?  I can't get Market to work on 1623 update.  When you say reapply the update do you mean you are starting from scratch on the update?  Thanks

#25 thafrogggg

thafrogggg

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • LocationIvor, VA

Posted 20 January 2011 - 12:12 PM

When you go to the recovery menu during boot, one of the options is to wipe the cache.  Use that then use the update from SD card opt´on.

Hope this info helps.

#26 davo89

davo89

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 12:18 PM

Does the cache wipe affect the update?  Does it have to be re-done?

#27 thafrogggg

thafrogggg

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • LocationIvor, VA

Posted 20 January 2011 - 01:46 PM

I do not know if it does or not, but the instructions in the 1623 download state that after wiping the cache you should re-apply the update.  I know it is talking about if you have boot problems, but it might have to be done anytime you wipe the cache.

#28 davo89

davo89

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 01:53 PM

I do not know if it does or not, but the instructions in the 1623 download state that after wiping the cache you should re-apply the update.  I know it is talking about if you have boot problems, but it might have to be done anytime you wipe the cache.

Trying now, I will post results

#29 slipperyskink

slipperyskink

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 02:01 PM

Can anyone tll me do the new firmware updates support skype video calls at all?

Thank

Paul

#30 llfour

llfour

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 02:53 PM

Can anyone tll me do the new firmware updates support skype video calls at all?

Thank

Paul

No it doesn't...

#31 davo89

davo89

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 04:30 PM

Market not working...stuck on "starting download" for any app I try to get.

Tried clearing cache, removing update for market

Tried wiping cache on the unit, clearing everything, re-installing, clear cache, install again

added new accounts

Nothing works for me to get market going again on this update.

Any advice is appreciated

#32 nyarrgh

nyarrgh

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 04:37 PM

Is it true HDMI does not work in 1623?  Is that why it feels more responsive?  I sometimes use the HDMI output to play mkv's on a bigger screen.

#33 brione

brione

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 04:59 PM

Hey nyarrgh

No HDMI still works just wont work with CCPLAYER. I have tried every other video player i could get a hold of and they all work. On CCPLAYER when you press the menu button to switch to HDMI it actually bring up a menu which is sort of ironic. Try zimly or or meridian they work fine.

#34 nyarrgh

nyarrgh

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 06:44 PM

Hey nyarrgh

No HDMI still works just wont work with CCPLAYER. I have tried every other video player i could get a hold of and they all work. On CCPLAYER when you press the menu button to switch to HDMI it actually bring up a menu which is sort of ironic. Try zimly or or meridian they work fine.

Thanks brione, I'll try those 2 when I get home

#35 Mdlevesque

Mdlevesque

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 06:55 PM

@thafrogggg Pandawill version Jim 1170. Everything now looks great only thin Jim I can't install dolphin addons ca Allie. Must he file permissions. Anyone else got this problem?

#36 slipperyskink

slipperyskink

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 08:50 PM

File downloaded and unziped then placed on memory card and followed steps to install. I did it correctly how you are supposed to do it but it failed to update the firmware from the sd card. How can I do this properly?

#37 Zap!

Zap!

Advanced Member

• Guests
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 04:11 AM

Stickied. :(

#38 cirrus1500

cirrus1500

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 06:46 AM

Before doing any update, anyone know what the features of 1623 are? Any release notes? Since the automatic update on Flytouch2 only specify 1561 to be the latest firmware, is it right to say that 1568 and 1623 are unofficial? Any benefits on the 1623 over the manufacturer's official 1561?

#39 Rileysowner

Rileysowner

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 10:50 AM

I upgraded yesterday, and everything seems to work fine. Market worked no problem, although it has not upgraded to the new market at this point. The tablet seems more responsive at this point, and I like the DolphinHD browser. Other than that I have not seen other changes.

#40 thafrogggg

thafrogggg

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • LocationIvor, VA

Posted 21 January 2011 - 11:49 AM

File downloaded and unziped then placed on memory card and followed steps to install. I did it correctly how you are supposed to do it but it failed to update the firmware from the sd card. How can I do this properly?

You only extracted the update.zip from the download right? If you also unzipped that and then copiedthose files to the SD card, it will not work.