98 replies to this topic

#1 finitol

finitol

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 02:23 PM

Hi al!! Our heroe Veryjo post in XDA few hours ago a new firmware:

new firmware is avilable. deb-r2.1.1623

Kernel 2.6.23.9 jaws_bld@emma #1 (18.01.2011, 12:35:12 CST)

this is the link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ASWOP3VS

(This is a copy from XDA thread)

Thanks Veryjo!!!!

#2 llfour

llfour

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 03:52 PM

I downloaded the file, formatted my micro sd car, and tried to install via recovery menu.  It won't work for me.  I don't remember the exact message but it basically doesn't see the update file. 

It may have something to do with the formatting, I am really not sure.  Any ideas?

#3 brione

brione

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 04:14 PM

Hi I think the problem you are having is you have too extract the update from the zip/rar file. The update is inside the folder once extracted.

I am in the process of updating now.

Cheers

Brian

Now has Dolphin hd browser installed from start

#4 androidz

androidz

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 19 January 2011 - 04:27 PM

Now has Dolphin hd browser installed from start

If you look in the system/app folder, you will see all the apk's that will be installed.

For those that wanted to switch the animation screen on your tablets, you may be able to go to system/media bootanimation.zip/ part0 and change all the .png files to whatever you want...

#5 llfour

llfour

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 04:52 PM

Installed with no problems once I unzipped that file  :P.  I  am in the process of re-installing apps from Titanium backup.

This update did NOT ask me for my registration code. 

#6 urphonesux

urphonesux

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 04:58 PM

installing 1623 now  ;D

kernel version date is Tue Jan 18  ;D

#7 llfour

llfour

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 05:42 PM

I am noticing a significant increase in overall performance.  Ie...much faster page loads and general responsive over the 1561 firmware.  Very nice!

Sent from my HYPE PAD using tapatalk

#8 mogrith

mogrith

SlateGeek / Wiki Mod

• Global Administrator
  • 2,428 posts
  • LocationBrea, CA

Posted 19 January 2011 - 06:02 PM

Re-installing apps now. Did not need to re-register this time.

#9 thafrogggg

thafrogggg

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • LocationIvor, VA

Posted 19 January 2011 - 10:06 PM

Got the update installed, did not have to re-register, and the old market worked, and it looked like it was trying to update to the new market.  It closed the market and when I restarted it, I kept getting the "Server Error".  Tried the 3 fixes listed in the BAD store forum, but they did not work. Going to try wipe cache partition option and reapply the update.  Hopefully it will help.  Otherwise, guess I Will have to go back tp 1568.

#10 llfour

llfour

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 10:08 PM

Sorryto hear that.  I have been pretty lucky I guess.  My market updated to the new one on its own.

Sent from my HYPE PAD using tapatalk

#11 thafrogggg

thafrogggg

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • LocationIvor, VA

Posted 19 January 2011 - 10:17 PM

re-loading the update worked. 

Now to reload my titanium backup :(

#12 DblBaril

DblBaril

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 11:51 PM

This update worked great, and fixed a frozen green screen problem I was having.
I updated from Dory.r2.1.808 to this, so it definitely works!

#13 domifer

domifer

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationBarcelona

Posted 20 January 2011 - 05:18 AM

just flashed mine to 1623, no need for factory reset, or data cache wipe, and also no need for registration. Dolphin Browser HD comes installed in this ROM. I will recover my applications and data with Titanium Pro and If I notice anything else, I will keep this thread informed.

#14 unixbob

unixbob

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 06:52 AM

Got the update installed, did not have to re-register, and the old market worked, and it looked like it was trying to update to the new market.  It closed the market and when I restarted it, I kept getting the "Server Error".  Tried the 3 fixes listed in the BAD store forum, but they did not work. Going to try wipe cache partition option and reapply the update.  Hopefully it will help.  Otherwise, guess I Will have to go back tp 1568.

I had this problem with 1568.  If you go into manage applications, find the Market and then uninstall updates  then the original market will start again.  that's been a reliable method for me getting the market working if I've been getting server errors.  Then at some point in the background the market updates to the latest version and it's all fine.  I've not installed this new update yet so can't confirm if that still works, but perhaps worth a try

#15 Mdlevesque

Mdlevesque

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 07:22 AM

I tried the update, it says it loaded successfully and the upon restart I can't get past the green Wowpad communication screen  :'( I have tried pretty much all versions of the updates found here 1568 and 1643. It just installs and stays on the green screen for about 5 minutes and automagically reboots, cycle continues. The only thing that get my device working again is to use the burntool and re-apply image from Pandawill forum files. Anyone have any clue as to why I can't get the update.zip files to work?

Mike

#16 domifer

domifer

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationBarcelona

Posted 20 January 2011 - 07:24 AM

I tried the update, it says it loaded successfully and the upon restart I can't get past the green Wowpad communication screen  :'( I have tried pretty much all versions of the updates found here 1568 and 1643. It just installs and stays on the green screen for about 5 minutes and automagically reboots, cycle continues. The only thing that get my device working again is to use the burntool and re-apply image from Pandawill forum files. Anyone have any clue as to why I can't get the update.zip files to work?

Mike

Did you try first wiping all the data? Factory reset + cache wipe then do the update after that?

#17 Fabry

Fabry

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 07:43 AM

This evening I will try it.

Do you suggest to revert to 1170 before update or I can update directly from 1480 ?

I had installed 1568 over 1480 and the result was a slower and laggy tablet, I have come back to 1480
I have read that someone suggest to come back to 1170 before attempt to update to 1568

#18 domifer

domifer

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationBarcelona

Posted 20 January 2011 - 08:19 AM

This evening I will try it.

Do you suggest to revert to 1170 before update or I can update directly from 1480 ?

I had installed 1568 over 1480 and the result was a slower and laggy tablet, I have come back to 1480
I have read that someone suggest to come back to 1170 before attempt to update to 1568

No, I don't think you need to go back to 1170. All you have to do is wipe all factory and cache data before doing the update.zip from the sd card. You can see those 2 options in the recovery menu!

#19 thafrogggg

thafrogggg

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • LocationIvor, VA

Posted 20 January 2011 - 08:35 AM

Mike

What Firmware viersion is the one from Pandawill?  If it is not a deb version, maybe you have some hardware differences that do not work well with a deb version.

Also, since you have used the burntool method successfully you might try and look for a 1568 0r 1623 version that can be applied using the burntool.

#20 thafrogggg

thafrogggg

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • LocationIvor, VA

Posted 20 January 2011 - 08:37 AM

I had this problem with 1568.  If you go into manage applications, find the Market and then uninstall updates  then the original market will start again.  that's been a reliable method for me getting the market working if I've been getting server errors.  Then at some point in the background the market updates to the latest version and it's all fine.  I've not installed this new update yet so can't confirm if that still works, but perhaps worth a try

I tried that method (and others) about 6 times each and it did not work, but when I wiped the cache partition and reapplied the update, everything worked fine.  I am happily running 1623.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users