• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 juatorcapad

juatorcapad

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 07:39 PM

Hello,
I bought a 7" MID tablet and I tried to update the software and now the touchscreen doesn't work.
I've been trying to solve it for a couple of months but I have no ideas left....

Where can I find the proper scrip to reset it?
Can I reset it to the factory default settings?
at least, does anyone knows how is this model called?

Thanks.

#2 raupp

raupp

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationBrasil

Posted 24 January 2011 - 08:47 PM

you se in "about device" the specification of the device?

#3 edijuca

edijuca

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 09:16 PM

Hello;

I wonder if you solved the problem, because I'm the same.

#4 mrwho

mrwho

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 11:49 AM

Is your device an AMR9 or similar??

CPU via wm8505
ram 256MB or 128MB
android 1.6
build: wmt2.1.1_105

If is like this probably you can resolve by reflashing your tablet with this ROM...
Is an old relase but me and other people find that this rom run faster in this apad.

http://www.filefront...WMT2.0_105.zip/

let me know if you fixed the problem.
bye

#5 Gram99

Gram99

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 04:04 PM

am also having issues with my system. Did an update of firmware and BANG
no luck on anything Hope some luck will come my way??

#6 Gram99

Gram99

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 04:05 PM

Can some one help bring back my MID 7" Android back to life.?

#7 dreadnort

dreadnort

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 04:51 AM

Just looking at trying to bring my MID M7003 back to life as well

#8 cellexpert

cellexpert

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 03:14 AM

HI guys,

Before I ask you not notice the bad english, I'm from Brazil :)

I have a generic tablet of unknown model
From the little I have researched, I believe to be a MID M70003 (without web cam)

I bought it from a person who is not able to update the system. He was stopped in "Upgrading file-system"

I managed to update it properly and gave life to this paper weight for the first time

Somewhat dissatisfied with the performance I decided to try some firmware that I found in some forums.
Some were bad and others not working. But the latter made ​​a nice mess, I believe it is the device's EEPROM

I have every tool available.
I also have a programmer spipgmw (http://rayer.ic.cz/elektro/spipgm.htm) and willem-pro already updated to record the SPI

I just can not find the correct file EEPROM for my device
I tried these two that did not work:
http://www.beyondlog...b_spi_flash.zip and http://download.zenw...boot-wm8505.bin

I'll let some pictures to see if that helps.
Like I said, it looks like a MID M70003 however, must be some black version. I did not find the manufacturer's website and not something like that.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks!

#9 phoboss

phoboss

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 07:14 PM

I am trying to update an epad Irobot I think.
How to update? how to find which rom I need?

#10 phoboss

phoboss

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 07:20 PM

I am unsure a little bit about it.

#11 ancientho

ancientho

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 08:13 PM

Is your device an AMR9 or similar??

CPU via wm8505
ram 256MB or 128MB
android 1.6
build: wmt2.1.1_105

If is like this probably you can resolve by reflashing your tablet with this ROM...
Is an old relase but me and other people find that this rom run faster in this apad.

http://www.filefront...WMT2.0_105.zip/

let me know if you fixed the problem.
bye

Will that zip work on those epc mini netbooks?

#12 ellivxonk

ellivxonk

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 05:26 PM

I need the same help ...

I appreciate any help possible

#13 dragonzz

dragonzz

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 08:27 AM

same problem here

#14 walid

walid

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 12:17 PM

Hi Guys,

I'm seeking help with my 7" MId tablet with via wm8505....wmt2.0_105...256mgb... android 1.6

I want update new firmware and if is it possible to upgrade android to 2.0 or 2.2, because my youtube not working with this firmware and also i cant watch TV on (no flash player supported)

Thanks in advance

Walid

#15 jandrosh

jandrosh

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 06:23 PM

I have a PMID700 Polaroid 7 inch resistive tablet with 2.3.1. It is a menards $80 black friday deal. Its imported from China from southern Telecom. I just did a firmware update from a single update.img file that I downloaded from Southerntelecom's website. The update was straight forward for me, much easier than rooting my G1 or MT3G. The system folder is read only and is not a true google device. I was wondering if this is usefull to anyone and maybe, someone could help in adding root and gapps into this image. I am still a noob here and maybe need clarification on this process.
Also,I added this tablet to the tablet finder without all this info, maybe a admin could link. thank you :)
More on my tab and the firmware update process.
Android 2.3.1
408-1008 MHz Rockchip RK2918/ARM CORTEX-A8 w/ Neon & 512 KB L2 Cache (armeabl-v7a)
OpenGL ES2.0 & OpenVG
1080p HD
512MB DDR3
2GB int memory
Micro SD up to 32 GB
Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
4200 mAh Battery
gingerbread 2.3.1 rel api 9
Micro USB Port with USB host Flashdrive support
No HDMI out, no Camera, no trackball
3.5 MM headphone jack, DC in
7 buttons :(front) home, back, menu. (right side) vol up, vol down, power. & (back) reset
led on top
rk29board
unknown bootloader & radio
display 800 x 480 160 dpi 20110926.170336
has android (software) hardware support for camera bluetooth and telephony (this tab doesnt have these)
/system is cramfs ro

link for pmid700 2.4 update from www.southerntelecom.com/polaroidsupport/firmware

http://www.southernt...D700/update.zip

Here is info on "2.4" firmware update straight from http://southerntelec...ware_guide.html

Polaroid Tablet Firmware Installation Guide

Note: Please make sure that you backup your files to a computer before you update your tablet's firmware. All content will be deleted. You can re-download your purchased and/or free apps from the Amazon Appstore once the firmware update is completed.

Make sure that the firmware update that you are installing is higher or equal to your tablet's current firmware version. You can check the version you are currently running by doing the following: Open Settings on the tablet, then select About Device and read the number under Firmware version. The number you see here should be equal to or less than the Firmware version listed on our Updates webpage.

Part 1: Download the firmware file.

NOTE: This step must be performed on a computer. Trying to download this file on your tablet will result in an unsuccessful firmware download as the file can not be unzipped on our Polaroid tablets.

On your computer, please logon to www.southerntelecom.com/polaroidsupport/firmware

1. Find your model number located on the back of the tablet.
2. Select your model number on the support page, the download process will begin.
3. Then select Save, and save it your your computer.
4. Once the file has finished downloading, you must unzip the file.

Note: you will need to have a zip program such as 7-Zip, WinZip or WinRAR to unzip the files. If you do not already have a zip program, then Download 7-zip here.

Step 2: Install the firmware file.

1. Hold the Power button down to power off the tablet.
2. In the Power Off dialog box, press OK to confirm.
3. Connect the tablet to your computer with the supplied USB cord.
********( side note from jandrosh- after this step the tab boots up normally then you should mount usb like u normally would)
4. The tablet's USB Connected screen will appear. Select Turn on USB storage, then select OK

(If you do not see the Turn on USB storage message on the tablet screen, then unplug and reconnect the tablet to your computer).
5. Find the firmware file you downloaded from our support site. "Click and drag" or "Copy and paste" the Firmware file onto your tablet. Be sure not to place this file in any folders.
6. Now select Turn off USB Storage on the tablet's screen, then unplug the tablet from the computer (step one says the Firmware version should be higher than the tablet's current version. Actually, it must be higher or equal to).
7. You will now be directed to the firmware update dialog screen (be sure to carefully read the on-screen instructions before you proceed)
8. Make sure you have the tablet plugged in to a wall receptacle using the included AC adaptor (if the tablet powers off by accident during the install process, the tablet and the information can be corrupted).
9. Press Install to begin the firmware update.
10. You will receive a brief message that your device will reboot. At this point your tablet will go into Recovery Mode. It is recommended that you do not move or unplug the device until the update process is completed.
11. When complete, you may be prompted to calibrate the screen. This means the update was successful and your tablet is now running the latest firmware version.
12. You can check the version you are currently running by doing the following: Open Settings on the tablet, then select About Device and read the number under Firmware version.
13. Your tablet is now set to factory default settings. All settings such as date and time, wifi settings and more will have to be reset.

*********** so it seems when there is a update.img file on the root of sd card, the system checks to see if its a valid firmware update.( To see I renamed a random img file to update.img and copied to root of the SD and when i turned off usb, a box opened and said invalid firmware image... would you like to delete it? yes no) and asks to install. I nave not gotten into recovery any other way.