Access the Android Market with an Android SDK AVD Emulator

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#41 salimdz

salimdz

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 10:17 AM

I registered here just for this, can someone upload the zip file that is linked in the first post for the avd to rapidshare or something, the Site is down and has been all day

HELP PLEASE!!  :'(

hello
link : http://www.ehalm.at/...-su-busybox.zip

a+

#42 salimdz

salimdz

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 08:11 AM

I registered here just for this, can someone upload the zip file that is linked in the first post for the avd to rapidshare or something, the Site is down and has been all day

HELP PLEASE!!  :'(

hello
link : http://www.multiupload.com/59RD47Y5G0

a+

#43 gabe32

gabe32

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 04:45 PM

ok, thanks GJsmith3rd.

#44 rogue_ghost

rogue_ghost

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 08:50 PM

I am confused, dont you need to have an android phone to get access to the real android market? i always get the "there is no number associated with your account...." when i try and download from the android market.

#45 mrsburnout

mrsburnout

"Linkmeister"

• Administrators
  • 7,276 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 22 February 2011 - 09:32 PM

I am confused, dont you need to have an android phone to get access to the real android market? i always get the "there is no number associated with your account...." when i try and download from the android market.

Nope. Just a valid Google account.
YMMV = Your Mileage May Vary - Not even OEM FW is guaranteed "safe" to flash.

Hey! Newbies (n00bs) - Click the blue links ;) - Forum Rules

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today." ~James Dean
"Slatedroid: Where all the advice is free, even advice you don't want." ~Mark Adams #113449
"Women are Angels. When someone breaks our wings - we simply continue to fly - on a broomstick. We are flexible like that."

Posted Image ~cheers

#46 rogue_ghost

rogue_ghost

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 09:42 PM

Nope. Just a valid Google account.

hmm, well i have one but i get that stupid no number message. how do i fix that?

#47 jeepmonster01

jeepmonster01

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 04:21 AM

if someone high up sees this (maybe a bump up) i was messing around tonight with my cruz tablet this might be easier than sdk emulators. i was looking at freewarelovers for apps and saw dropbox apk and downloaded it onto the cruz. i have a hd2 phone running android so i have titanium backup on my phone which links to dropbox if you download dropbox onto the cruz you basicly have access (easy) to the android market you still wont be able to run angry birds but i got alot of apps that are medium apps to run on my cruz just log into dropbox and download apps onto the cruz look into astro and find them extract the apk.gz and the apk will be right there. also you can download dropbox onto your phone and use it that way i think you get 2gb for free

#48 GJSmith3rd

GJSmith3rd

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 08:11 AM

if someone high up sees this (maybe a bump up) i was messing around tonight with my cruz tablet this might be easier than sdk emulators. i was looking at freewarelovers for apps and saw dropbox apk and downloaded it onto the cruz. i have a hd2 phone running android so i have titanium backup on my phone which links to dropbox if you download dropbox onto the cruz you basicly have access (easy) to the android market you still wont be able to run angry birds but i got alot of apps that are medium apps to run on my cruz just log into dropbox and download apps onto the cruz look into astro and find them extract the apk.gz and the apk will be right there. also you can download dropbox onto your phone and use it that way i think you get 2gb for free

Thanks for the tip and you are absolutely correct in the fact that there are easier ways to access apk's for a non-market Android device. There are also many online/cloud storage solutions you can use to conveniently sync/transfer files between devices using wireless connections. Dropbox, Zumodrive, Ubuntu One, Android Sorami for Windows Skydrive are just a few that quickly come to mind.

This sticky is primarily for people who have Android devices, like the Cruz Tablet, without the Android market and have not discovered suitable Android market alternatives. There are many ways to obtain apk's but not many that can access the official market. With the emulator you can access the actual Android market as opposed to FreewareLovers and other sites or tools that provide the ability to download apk's directly. It's also useful for those who want to learn more about the Android development environment. You can also use ADB or DDMS to pull apk's from the emulator, that have been downloaded from the Android market, and attempt to install them on a device without market. Building your own emulator necessarily installs the required components. In addition, accessing the official market should also be inherently safer than installing apk's from unknown developers and sources.

For example, the black market Applanet will meet most users needs, although the longevity of this site may be in question. Also, there's a large and growing library of personal repositories at Bazaar Market. You can search for apps in numerous repositories at Repo-Finder and add the repository to your favorite Aptoide client for download. There are numerous other methods.

Building the emulator with market has a bit of a learning curve but it is well worth the effort for those who want to increase their technical understanding of Android or simply need an alternative method to access the official Android market.

Edited by GJSmith3rd, 02 March 2011 - 09:59 AM.

#49 TerryInLeesburg

TerryInLeesburg

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 11:16 AM

nevermind.

I just re-read the whole thread again.

I am too much of a nnob here to understand 90% of this.

I will wait until I have more experience, then I will try again.

I am great with Win, but this UNIX stuff.... not so much.
Terry

Edited by TerryInLeesburg, 08 July 2011 - 07:41 AM.

#50 fredrab

fredrab

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 10:00 AM

Hi, I am a newbie, having just ordered a Velocity Cruz Reconditioned T301, v. 2.2.
Don't know a thing about modifying tablets.
Is installing Android SDK AVD emulator something I should do? I haven't received the T301 yet.
Thanks.
fredrab

#51 GJSmith3rd

GJSmith3rd

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 10:18 AM

Hi, I am a newbie, having just ordered a Velocity Cruz Reconditioned T301, v. 2.2.
Don't know a thing about modifying tablets.
Is installing Android SDK AVD emulator something I should do? I haven't received the T301 yet.
Thanks.
fredrab

The Android SDK AVD emulator was somewhat useful about a year ago when there was no Android Market and only a few alternative markets. We could install apps on the AVD and then use the SDK to pull them from the AVD and push them to the phone.

Now that we have a working market hack, it's not as important anymore. For non-developers, there is a tool called qtADB that provides a simple interface to the best parts of the SDK ADB functionality.

qtADB Download

Edited by GJSmith3rd, 04 December 2011 - 10:20 AM.

#52 cra

cra

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 02:19 PM

how can i get the android market on my cruz t301

#53 feo

feo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:43 AM

Replacement for obsolete entry: I discovered a much simpler way to access the Android Market with an Android SDK AVD including protected apps which are not available in the system.img above.  This renders the changes to the ro.build.fingerprint unnecessary. 

Basically you go to Manage Applications -  Market - clear cache - force stop

and Manage Applications - Google Services Framework - clear data - press ok to data - force stop -

Finally,power down and start again to access protected apps in market.

For me it is quite easy to get the apps on the Cruz from the AVD by using Cruz Sync and Zumo Drive.

Here's a YouTube link with instructions for another device but it works on the AVD as well.

8)

This worked for me, thanks :) after rooting my T301 I managed to get all the google stuff on and functioning, but the android marketplace was playing up. It only showed a few apps, and if I searched apps it found them, but said all were incompatible with my device.
Now the front page looks normal, I can click through all the categories, and so far games are installing without a hitch.
So, thank you again for posting this very useful trick!