• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#21 GJSmith3rd

GJSmith3rd

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 09:00 AM

Ok, I have  litterally wreckedmy brain trying to do this process with no success...

Yes, it's a bit a of a challenge but it's a tried and true process on Windows, Linux and Mac platforms. This thread is intended as a guideline and link reference to work that has been completed by others but will definitely provide a free alternative way for Cruz Tablet owners, and other device owners, to access a good portion of the Android Market including protected apps.

First, you have to make sure that you follow the documented steps, provided by the SDK and IDE providers for your platform, to correctly install the Java SE Software Development Kit (SDK), Android SDK, Eclispe Integrated Development Environment (IDE) and the Android Developer Tools (ADT) plugin for Eclipse.  If this is not done correctly you will not be able to create an Android Virtual Device (AVD) in either Eclipse or the Android SDK.

Once you have correctly installed the above mentioned tools then you can create an AVD in either the Eclipse IDE or the Android SDK.  This will create a folder on your hard drive that contains the AVD.  The folder will have the same name you provided when creating the AVD.  This is where you place the extracted system.img file and is the point where most of us, including myself, had difficulty.

#22 GJSmith3rd

GJSmith3rd

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 09:19 AM

Ok, I have  litterally wreckedmy brain trying to do this process with no success...

Yes, it's a bit a of a challenge...Continued

Make sure that you can view hidden files on your platform in order to view the  hidden .android directory that will be created under the "Home Folder" on your platform.  This location varies by platform but is generally identified by your user login name.  From there navigate to the .android/avd/YOUR-AVD-NAME/ folder and insert the extracted system.img file.  Under Linux the folder path is

/home/USERNAME/.android/avd/YOUR-AVD-NAME/system.img

Once the system.img is placed in the correct folder for each AVD you create and the developer tools are installed corectly you can start the AVD and follow the steps to access protected apps documented earlier in this thread. Then you will be in app heaven on the Android Market.  Next you will have to choose your preferred method to transfer and install the downloaded APK files to your Cruz Tablet.

#23 J225

J225

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 10:34 AM

Good morning an thanks for responding, sorry for my last ranting post lol, but sometime afterward I somehow lucked up and got "something" working I guess where like when I made the "android/avd/Android.avd/ folder and started the avd, a big red phone came up, and it seemed to work somewhat but when I tried to android market, it looked like it does when I tried to it on the Cruz tablet, and when I played around with it and overwrote the avd with other androids, to where the emulators resembled different phones it did the same thing, what am I doing wrong and how do I route the apks to the sd card or tablet once I get the right access to do so, thanks again.

#24 salimdz

salimdz

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 09:18 AM

Hello,
I have a problem with the market.
I try skyfire I find nothing

Posted Image

good day
bye

#25 zavien3

zavien3

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 08:09 PM

I may or may not have stumbled on something on accident. I don't know enough about it to tell you, but maybe someone will know where to take this.  I tethered my Cruz Tablet to my EVO for internet access and used the MarketAccess hack apk. I opened an outdated Appbrain market sync and somehow landed on the Android Market. Within the market website it registered my tablet under the T-Mobile hack and allows me to select the tablet for download of my market apps. I select the tablet and it says it will download soon, however it doesn't. But, maybe you guys might know the trick. Looking forward to a reply.

#26 androidophile

androidophile

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 01:55 AM

I may or may not have stumbled on something on accident. I don't know enough about it to tell you, but maybe someone will know where to take this.  I tethered my Cruz Tablet to my EVO for internet access and used the MarketAccess hack apk. I opened an outdated Appbrain market sync and somehow landed on the Android Market. Within the market website it registered my tablet under the T-Mobile hack and allows me to select the tablet for download of my market apps. I select the tablet and it says it will download soon, however it doesn't. But, maybe you guys might know the trick. Looking forward to a reply.

Interesting.  What is the marketaccess hack apk?  Haven't heard of it before.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

#27 gabe32

gabe32

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 01:08 PM

oK, this is a nub thing, but...how do I slide open keyboad in the emulator?

#28 androidophile

androidophile

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 01:28 PM

oK, this is a nub thing, but...how do I slide open keyboad in the emulator?

Makes no sense that there is no explanation about how to do this within the emulator (or a button for it) but here is what I found:

http://groups.google...dcc322d6748baa2

Ctrl-F11 apparently works.

#29 gabe32

gabe32

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 01:52 PM

Ok, thanks man.

#30 gabe32

gabe32

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 08:27 PM

Ok a few things i'm having trouble with....first the emulation is slow......and my cpu and ram is no where to maxed out but dang things in the emulator are slow loading....Also when you download stuff from the market it installs the file not downloads it,it just goes and strait installs it....I couldn't find just the .apk file it as i said just strait installs it...so is the .apk install file somewhere where I haven't looked? secondly...if i do find the .apk file how do i get it out of the emulation? do I have to get into the system img? I was going to transfer the .apk files on a SD but where do i find those .apk files?

Thanks,

#31 salimdz

salimdz

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 08:35 AM

Update: The system.img in the link above has access to the Android Market but only for unprotected apps!  I was able to change the build.prop file in the /system folder in the AVD with a ro.build.signature entry and was able to successfully access the Market with protected apps.

Original in AVD
ro.build.fingerprint=generic/sdk/generic/:2.2/FRF91/43546:eng/test-keys

Modified Entry
ro.build.fingerprint=verizon/voles/sholes/sholes:2.1-update1/ESE81/29593:user/release-keys

XDA has a new forum for the Cruz Tablet http://forum.xda-dev...95#post10655195

8)

Hello
I tried to make the manipulation

Original in AVD
ro.build.fingerprint=generic/sdk/ generic/:2.2/FRF91/43546:eng/test-keys
Modified Entry
ro.build.fingerprint=verizon/voles/sholes/sholes:2.1-update1/ESE81/29593:user/release-keys

but didn't walk

Posted Image

please help !!!! Thanks in advance

#32 androidophile

androidophile

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 01:21 PM

Update: The system.img in the link above has access to the Android Market but only for unprotected apps!  I was able to change the build.prop file in the /system folder in the AVD with a ro.build.signature entry and was able to successfully access the Market with protected apps.

Original in AVD
ro.build.fingerprint=generic/sdk/generic/:2.2/FRF91/43546:eng/test-keys

Modified Entry

XDA has a new forum for the Cruz Tablet http://forum.xda-dev...95#post10655195

8)

Hello
I tried to make the manipulation

Original in AVD
ro.build.fingerprint=generic/sdk/ generic/:2.2/FRF91/43546:eng/test-keys
Modified Entry

but didn't walk

Posted Image

please help !!!! Thanks in advance

Here are a number of other ones that you can try in your build.prop file.

http://android.modac...rprint-testing/

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

#33 GJSmith3rd

GJSmith3rd

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 02:12 AM

Actually it's not necessary to modify the build.prop to access the market with protected apps although modification can be useful for other reasons.

Here's the step:

http://www.slatedroi...21171#msg121171

#34 J225

J225

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 12:31 PM

Ok question, how do I know which emulator I am supposed to use because when I did one of them,it came up as a burgundy basic looking phone which from what I could didn't have google market correctly cause it looked like it does when you try to go to it from the tablet itself, and also, how do I get the apps to be saved to my sd card because the way i assumed it would go,must not be the correct way, tried to set it up as a folder in a "save as" manner, with the folder located in the sd card, please help, thanks

#35 GJSmith3rd

GJSmith3rd

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 02:28 PM

Actually it's not necessary to modify the build.prop to access the market with protected apps although modification can be useful for other reasons.

Here's the step:

http://www.slatedroi...21171#msg121171

Ok question, how do I know which emulator I am supposed to use because when I did one of them,it came up as a burgundy basic looking phone which from what I could didn't have google market correctly cause it looked like it does when you try to go to it from the tablet itself, and also, how do I get the apps to be saved to my sd card because the way i assumed it would go,must not be the correct way, tried to set it up as a folder in a "save as" manner, with the folder located in the sd card, please help, thanks

After you have everything setup up, the first important step is to copy the system.img file to the folder of the created AVD before you start the AVD. Then start the AVD and you will see a large green Android avatar on a black background and a white hand motioning to click it after the AVD completely loads.

Also, if you ever notice that you have a WIFI symbol in the notification area but no 3G just close and restart the AVD. Do this because internet connectivity did not initialize properly and a restart will probably fix this.

Finally, follow the steps, listed earlier in his thread, to access a larger market including protected apps (look for red letters).

#36 gabe32

gabe32

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 08:57 PM

How do you get the apk' s once you install them through google market???!!!?? Do you have get into the system-img to retrieve the apk's or what?

#37 GJSmith3rd

GJSmith3rd

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 09:32 PM

How do you get the apk' s once you install them through google market???!!!?? Do you have get into the system-img to retrieve the apk's or what?

I use the Android SDK.  Look in the tools folder for the DDMS app, run DDMS and select your emulator device. Then explore the menus to find "file explorer".  Navigate to /data/app folder in the emulator and from there you can pull the file to your PC.

I add an extra step by pulling files to folders on the PC that I have setup with the CruzSync/ZumoDrive app pair and then they are automatically sent wireless to the Cruz Tablet after being pulled from the emulator to a PC.  Once CruzSync has discovered the APK you can install it directly from CruzSync.

#38 salimdz

salimdz

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 05:42 AM

Hello,
thank you I'll try
a +

#39 salimdz

salimdz

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 11:35 AM

Hello,
thank you it works very well,

a+

#40 modplan

modplan

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 10:25 PM

I registered here just for this, can someone upload the zip file that is linked in the first post for the avd to rapidshare or something, the Site is down and has been all day

HELP PLEASE!!  :'(