Want to upgrade firmware but donīt know which one will fit

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 leahgail

leahgail

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 07:30 AM

Hi, I just bought a 7" generic Apad I-Robot with camera, red led and 9V adapter, plastic case. I want to upgrade to an english firmware 1.5 or 1.6 but donīt know how to find a version which will not brick my tablet. The information I found is:

Model number: rk2808sdk

Firmware version: 1.0.1

Kernel version: 2.6.25

rockchip version 1.27(LaoTang)

Compilation number: LaoTang.eng.temp.20100909.172719

Posted Image

Can anybody help here? Thank you!

#2 Clintzodiac

Clintzodiac

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 10:47 PM

Hi I came across this on the forum a while back may be of help.
http://www.androidta...der-4-07-a.html

Regards
Clintzodiac

#3 dragonfly

dragonfly

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 04:42 AM

Hi I came across this on the forum a while back may be of help.
http://www.androidta...der-4-07-a.html

Regards
Clintzodiac

Hi Guys,

I just joined the forum today. Not allowed to post a new thread yet.
I have similar problem with Clintzodiac, need to get the right ROM.
I did flash the wrong ROM to my tablet and sadly I don't have a back up.

So, can anybody show me where to download the right rom to my device ?

My device is :

7-inch Resistive touchscreen tablet with 800 x 480 pixel resolution
Processor : Rockchip RK2818sdk 600MHz
RAM : 256MB
Storage 4GB

Please note that the display is resistive.

I try to flash the Gingerbread ROM I found in this forum but unfortunately I didn't notice that it is for capatitive tablet.
The ROM was flashed succesfully, I get the homescreen but there is nothing I can do since the screen is not responding.

#4 BillP

BillP

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 01:26 PM

Hi Guys,

I just joined the forum today. Not allowed to post a new thread yet.
I have similar problem with Clintzodiac, need to get the right ROM.
I did flash the wrong ROM to my tablet and sadly I don't have a back up.

So, can anybody show me where to download the right rom to my device ?

My device is :

7-inch Resistive touchscreen tablet with 800 x 480 pixel resolution
Processor : Rockchip RK2818sdk 600MHz
RAM : 256MB
Storage 4GB

Please note that the display is resistive.

I try to flash the Gingerbread ROM I found in this forum but unfortunately I didn't notice that it is for capatitive tablet.
The ROM was flashed succesfully, I get the homescreen but there is nothing I can do since the screen is not responding.

If you haven't already done so, you may want to try the N6 rooted Froyo (Android 2.21) ROM created by Li0nHeart, and discussed in this thread: --> http://www.slatedroi...9-roms-english/

That ROM is specifically designed for a resistive 7" 800x480, and works perfectly on my iRobot tablet. Good luck!

#5 corrie

corrie

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 02:10 AM

hi guys, i joined today,got a acho c901 pro tablet for my wife,can anybody help me to 'unlock' this tablet. i stay in south africa,when i connect a 3g modem,it doesn't pick up the network. i am also unable to connect it to my pc,the pc just give me a error msg (code43). can anybody help me pls

#6 tassioblank

tassioblank

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 06:21 AM

I have a tablet exact like this, but it is a orange tb001 CPD: 600 MHZ RAM: 256 MB FLASH: 4 GB, i belive that is a rockchip 2808 or 2818.

Need some help, i flash the image .img found on the manufacture website, and now he just stay with te logo of android on the up left corner.

i sucessfully flash he with another files .img, but the leters stay with a risk on the midle and some functions like wireless dosn't work.

Since of now, thanks.

Sorry for the bad english, but i'm brasilian and talk just a little bit.

#7 Seven64

Seven64

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 02:38 PM

my tablet is very similar to this, and hopefully i can make some headway once i can download from this site

#8 Joonyur

Joonyur

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 02:42 AM

does anyone know if there's an "RKAndroidtool" that downloads the appropriate firmware updates?`

#9 Magoo

Magoo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 01:39 PM

Hi All, I've got an Archos 7" Home Tablet v1 with 8gig storage internal with a microsd card slot that will accept upto 16gig cards running Android 1.5 and would like to upgrade it to at least Android 2.0 or above. any ideas?

#10 shard76

shard76

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:17 AM

If you haven't already done so, you may want to try the N6 rooted Froyo (Android 2.21) ROM created by Li0nHeart, and discussed in this thread: --> http://www.slatedroi...9-roms-english/

That ROM is specifically designed for a resistive 7" 800x480, and works perfectly on my iRobot tablet. Good luck!

Thanx for the lead.
Might get me out of trouble. There was no market or gmail when device came. Installed and didn't boot again.

Oh well.
Chris

#11 koehn29

koehn29

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:08 PM

my third noob post. anybody ever heard of an Elsse 7in tablet with only red chargeing led, rockchip rk2808, spreadwin firmware version. It wont make backup file using adb backup command, says every .img file is invalid, and a host of other things...

#12 carlie609

carlie609

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:58 PM

Greetings,have an Elsse(chinese) tablet that have used for about 2 months,after New Years I left it charging for a while,and when I came back it started acting real strange,it took double the time to boot android and the touch screen did no respond properly,a computer was able to read and edit sd card,It recognized a mouse -with more than 600 dpi to be recognized and I was able to do a factory reset...:(...after this it only boots android to the touchscreen calibration,but with finger or with mouse it does not finish loading ,by clicking the right nouse button I get the acreen with the media sound and time(keeps time from last factory reset),but says calibration in process,it shuts down only when I use my finger and the mouse together,I tried to set uberoid on and sd card,but did not boot it,it runs on safe mode,but this seems to make no difference.Should I try to root it,with android sdk??,should I tried to disconnect the battery and unbricking it by shorting it ...Any ideas would be of help!!!!

#13 Viiniciuss

Viiniciuss

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:04 PM

Always have a ROM for NaviTablet ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users