Android Tablets Forum banner

Cruz Reader R103 v2.0 rom

12K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  sdcurtin 
#1 ·
has anyone been able to flash any of the above roms on the Cruz Reader R103 v2.0 .. if so which one and how .. thanks

#2 ·
I successfully flashed my R103 V2 today (purchased @ BB) with stock VM firmware, patched with the WPDN bootloader file (bootloader.img) renamed to u-boot.bin to support overclocking.  I used 7-Zip to extract and zip the patched ROM contents, rooted with Z4Root1.3.0 and setcpu204 overclocking to 800 mhz.  It went flawlessly.  I also removed unnecessary apps with VM Cruz uninstaller. Many thanks to all that have contributed in this forum to the effort.

#4 ·
EWOR3,

Yes. Please look at the forum on topic=14317.0. I have a R103 v2, bought from BB. Using the flash ROM posted by JGM, not only have I been able to root it, eliminate all junky apps such as cruz market, cruz sync, etc, but also able to use app2sd, by which you can move all apps to a partition on SD card, thus eliminating any limit on the number of apps you can install. In my opinion, this Topic 14317 is the most game-changing rooting forum. ;D ;D ;D

Regards,

RaliR

#8 ·
This may be in the wrong place, but does anyone know of an 800mhz rom that actually works on the R103. I don't have the

second version. I have tried and tried all the different roms, and the only one (other than the stock rom) that I can get

to flash is the regular JGM 4.0 (not 800mhz). None of the other roms flash, no matter how much I try.

Thanks in advance.

#9 · (Edited by Moderator)
Updated to version 4.0 on my R103 using the above instructions, all worked fine.
The only side effect is that the volume buttons on the side don't seem to work any more,
but I can still adjust the volume with the setup screen. It does seem a little more responsive.

Is this ROM supposed to give you access to the Android Market, and if so how?
I still get no valid devices when I'm on there.

Just noticed another side effect- the calculator crashes when you try to run it!
Any ideas where to get the original from or how to fix it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.