#941 CaptED

CaptED

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationBryant, Arkansas

Posted 19 May 2012 - 10:06 AM

Thanks Mr. Krinkle... Page 47 Post #937

I had actually over looked this idea...
I did find a Program "Rom Cleaner" and used it on the Rom Zip...
But it left the Google Stuff...

I did install Root Explorer and used it to remove each of the Google Apks...

Again Thanks for digging down 47 pages to reply to me and others...
======================================================================
For those that are reading this... BigLots are selling the Cruz R102 Refurbs.. $29.99
May 18,19,20

Ed

• LadyK likes this

VMCR R-102 JGM's 4.0 @533 mhz
Polaroid PMID 702c
Coby MID 7024, 8127 & 7042

#942 mikesweet420

mikesweet420

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:18 PM

WARNING: Use at your own risk!
<snip>

Can anyone tell me how to change the boot animation on these things?

Edited by mrsburnout, 29 October 2012 - 03:58 PM.
trimmed the quote ;)

#943 braxtyn

braxtyn

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:29 PM

I tried following the steps but I got stuck on the Terminal part because when I try to use it it foreclosed then i tried to uninstall it like you said to do if it does forecloses but it wouldn't let me uninstall it so I tried the other terminal that originally came with it and it started to work i typed in su and then it asked me if i wanted to root i said yes then i tried to type app2sd.sh but for some odd reason it wouldn't let me type the number 2 so thats where im stuck, please help me!

#944 Blaque

Blaque

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:56 PM

I tried following the steps but I got stuck on the Terminal part because when I try to use it it foreclosed then i tried to uninstall it like you said to do if it does forecloses but it wouldn't let me uninstall it so I tried the other terminal that originally came with it and it started to work i typed in su and then it asked me if i wanted to root i said yes then i tried to type app2sd.sh but for some odd reason it wouldn't let me type the number 2 so thats where im stuck, please help me!

Anyone able to figure this whole "can't type the number 2" in terminal? I am having the same issue.

#945 Mr Krinkle

Mr Krinkle

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationMonrovia, CA

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:27 AM

Anyone able to figure this whole "can't type the number 2" in terminal? I am having the same issue.

Some of the older versions of TE had issues with numbers... try downloading the newest version from market if you can, or go to the top of the post and get the Term Em download from github JGM posted a link to... see if that helps.. I recall a looong time ago coming up against the same issue, and it was solved pretty quick using on of those methods.. sorry I forgot which.
:mellow:
-MK

VMC R101:
AntiPad v2.1.3 @533 MHz / JGM 4.0 @ 533 MHz
PMID701i: ICS Rooted and self modded @1GHz
PMID4311: ICS Stock @1GHz
Samsung Galaxy SIII I747 Jellybean @1.4GHz quad

Thug: [holding up a bowling ball] What the f*ck is this?
The Dude: Obviously you're not a golfer.

#946 LadyK

LadyK

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:22 AM

I am having the same issue as Braxton and Blaque
(cruz reader R101 internal sd is 4g, external is 8g after a while of trying to get 4.0 loaded I succeeded. When i access terminal blue screen it says:
$ export PATH=/data/local/bin:$PATH
$
I then type su and get:
$ export PATH=/data/local/bin:$PATH
$su
su: uid 10016 not allowed to su
$

for the heck of it i type app2sd.sh but am unable to type numbers

I also have a few questions. Please, bare with me, as I AM a n0obie. I have read almost all of the posts but i have no experience in doing this to a tablet.
1) when formatting the sd cards am I supposed to select more than half the size? Or is that instruction just for the aaps2sd? (I haven't gotten that far yet, as I cant get past su.) I read that in a post in the pages but it was unclear to me.
2) Some how during formating of my original internal sd card the name changed from MICROCRUZ to J. Does this mean that I messed up the sd card in some way? (the reader recognizes it, and shows it as having the correct amount of space.)

Thank you guys so much for taking the time and putting so much effort in to these pages!!

Edited by LadyK, 28 November 2012 - 10:00 AM.

#947 evon

evon

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:00 PM

Got it rooted but the terminal keeps crashing on me. Can anyone give me a step by step on how to reinstall it please

Micro Cruz Reader R102

I also don't have a data/app directory to do the reinstallation of the Terminal Emulator

#948 evon

evon

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:53 PM

Ok I got it working by installing another terminal program from the Android Market. I followed the instructions to get the apps installed on the SD card.

I get the following error when I try to install anything from the Android Market after rebooting, "Sorry, there's not enough space to install this item". I have 2gb internal memory and an 8gb SD card and it is formatted so 3gb of the 8gb is used for apps.

#949 cantstopmyjoy

cantstopmyjoy

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:22 PM

Can someone please help me ok I am totally a virgin to this rooting thing I have a cruz reader R102 an it sucks as is i can't get android or google playstore anyway do you know o fany site that will walk me thru step by step instructions on how to root an update this thing to a better running android sytem like Ice cream sandwich (would be nice)please feel free to email me or however we do this

#950 sdcurtin

sdcurtin

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:59 PM

Hi All, flashed the v4 ROM last week on my R103 with no problems.
Is there a way now that this is flashed to have access to google play?
The site still tells me there's no valid device connected when I'm on there.

Edited by sdcurtin, 01 January 2013 - 02:01 PM.

#951 Paladin

Paladin

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationNasu, Japan

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:21 AM

I am new here, with a question. Flashed my R103 today with jgm 4.0 and love it, works great. Maybe it has been posted before, but is there a way to set the volume button back to normal?

#952 Dmoon

Dmoon

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:16 PM

I am new here, with a question. Flashed my R103 today with jgm 4.0 and love it, works great. Maybe it has been posted before, but is there a way to set the volume button back to normal?

Here's a link for the volume issue that I used.
My link

#953 sdcurtin

sdcurtin

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:10 PM

How do I get access to Market with this ROM?
I've flash 4.0 with no problems, although with two side effects:
1) the volume up and down buttons don't work, I can still set the volume from settings.
2) the stock calculator crashes when I try to run it.
Any ideas out there how to fix either of these?
If necessary I can just download and install calcbuddy.

#954 sam3

sam3

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:21 AM

It look good hope can use in my r101 thank you

#955 rheo

rheo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:19 PM

Hey there... I'm fairly new to all this but I got pretty far in this procedure before things went south. Having some trouble with the app2sd.sh script. It seemed to have performed the fdisk properly but then I got a whole bunch of errors mostly related to initially being unable to mount the FAT partition it seemed.

I have a 4GB internal SD card which I have partitioned to be 1GB and 3GB. After the errors I went back and tried to run it again but it won't run the whole script the way it did the first time... I think because the partition table looks good maybe?

I should have lots of space but I can see that it did not move any of my apps to the new partition and when I try to install a new app now it tells me I don't have enough space to do it.

So I have a full "Internal device storage", 1GB in a FAT that I can't seem to see and 3GB free on my Internal SD card...

How do I proceed from this point?

#956 techguy_64

techguy_64

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:30 PM

This is my first attempt to update my firmware and I followed your instructions and no luck all I get is an android with a triangle and an exclamation mark inside of the triangle. Help please. I have looked thru tons of youtube tutorials to no avail.

#957 Mr Krinkle

Mr Krinkle

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationMonrovia, CA

Posted 03 August 2013 - 11:58 PM

Man, guys I am so sorry. I'm just settling into a new 6 day work week.. have been working seven days ten plus hours a day for a while.. I promise to monitor and answer any questions as I can on Sundays from now on as much as possible.
I don't mind as a last resort you actually privately messaging me, and mailing me your device and just including cash for postage and insurance etc. I know it sounds like a ruse but I am serious, it seems like I can do the work a lot faster than explaining these things. Again sorry if it looks like I dont care- I do, and I'm sure that JGM and Delta9, Panda and the rest would do the same if they could. Seems like a lot fewer folks around now days.
-MK

VMC R101:

#958 Skyking

Skyking

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 11:50 AM

Man, guys I am so sorry. I'm just settling into a new 6 day work week.. have been working seven days ten plus hours a day for a while.. I promise to monitor and answer any questions as I can on Sundays from now on as much as possible.
I don't mind as a last resort you actually privately messaging me, and mailing me your device and just including cash for postage and insurance etc. I know it sounds like a ruse but I am serious, it seems like I can do the work a lot faster than explaining these things. Again sorry if it looks like I dont care- I do, and I'm sure that JGM and Delta9, Panda and the rest would do the same if they could. Seems like a lot fewer folks around now days.

Mr. Krinkle, I am going to go change my settings so you can PM me. I am interested in what will hopefully be a quick exchange and if what I want done can be I will contract with you to just do it. Thanks much!

Phil

Mr. Krindle,

I think you can PM me. I will check for follow up posts here just in case you cannot.

Thanks,

Phil

#959 ElizabethSharon32

ElizabethSharon32

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:09 PM

Yes I have a question. I have a wpnd and I need help. I regular flashed it, then flashed it to slatedroid cRuzn, but I didn't like that, so then I flashed it again to cm7.2 and that didn't work for me, so i tried honeycomb rom and that software totally sucked. I had to downgrade. Not cool.So I flashed cruz tablet 301 software smk6410.pop and then downloaded its software update. Then I seen cm7.4 and I could not flash it, all I got was andy the android with that triangle. So I tried to to go back to just to regular pandigital doing it the right way and no go the triangle. So I figured something was stopping me from doing this so I deleted the file it said recoveries off the sd card, big mistake I cant even get into recovery,no triangle,nothing. I hold the pwr button and the up button till the cruz logo appears and let go the screen it flashes and then it shuts off and turns back on. So can someone help me????

#960 Mr Krinkle

Mr Krinkle

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationMonrovia, CA

Posted 06 January 2014 - 09:18 PM

ok phil! just noticed this- contacting you shortly.
-MK

VMC R101: