Cruz Reader: Rom rooted with market, busybox and app2sd script

• Please log in to reply
961 replies to this topic

#921 ice1532

ice1532

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 02:12 AM

I'm having trouble with the app2sd part.  I've followed the instructions and have had no luck.  I keep getting this error.

I've searched threads trying to get it to work, but I'm not having any luck.  Don't really know what else to try. 

I dont know if you still have the problem but i ran into the same thing and figured out how to fix it, first make sure the card is formatted correctly (W95 FAT32) then make sure it mounts correctly. After all that unmount the card and run the app2sh.sh script with the card unmounted. and when it finishes reboot.

hope this helps.
VM Cruz Reader R101
ROM/FW - Lite (based on Vanilla)
Internal: Total -32gb
Split with app2sd.sh
App - 7GB
Data - 25GB
External - 32GB

#922 85IrocZ

85IrocZ

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 10:51 PM

Hey im new to the cruz and i downloaded your file, got it to the sd card but after i power it off and push vol + and power it does nothing
btw this is a T103
Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant (SGH-T959)
Rom : Team ICSSGS RC4.2
16gb Internal
2gb External sd

#923 BrandonE1993

BrandonE1993

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 10:00 PM

I just flashed the 4.0 800mhz firmware to my r103 and I noticed my fonts were all messed up the letters were missing segments so I installed 3.1 and had the same problem..someone help?

#924 miknsha

miknsha

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 04:54 AM

will any of this work with my cruz tab t101??? so far it has been a piece of junk

#925 Mr Krinkle

Mr Krinkle

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationMonrovia, CA

Posted 02 March 2012 - 06:36 AM

I just flashed the 4.0 800mhz firmware to my r103 and I noticed my fonts were all messed up the letters were missing segments so I installed 3.1 and had the same problem..someone help?

Did you flash the Cruz recovery/update between flashes? I've always done that myself, there's also a clean up script HERE that you might find useful.
Failing those options you could always modify the build prop lcd density, or just DL the free "LCD Density" app over on the market or at Applanet. Good luck bro!
-MK

VMC R101:
AntiPad v2.1.3 @533 MHz / JGM 4.0 @ 533 MHz
PMID701i: ICS Rooted and self modded @1GHz
PMID4311: ICS Stock @1GHz
Samsung Galaxy SIII I747 Jellybean @1.4GHz quad

Thug: [holding up a bowling ball] What the f*ck is this?
The Dude: Obviously you're not a golfer.

#926 Mr Krinkle

Mr Krinkle

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationMonrovia, CA

Posted 02 March 2012 - 06:41 AM

will any of this work with my cruz tab t101??? so far it has been a piece of junk

For the T(ablet) series, I don't think so.. maybe.. best bet is to check in the here- in the Cruz Tablet forums. ROMs suited for the R(eader) Series might brick your device.. or might work, check the consensus over there- and good luck whipping it into desirable shape!
:good:
-MK

VMC R101:

#927 Mr Krinkle

Mr Krinkle

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationMonrovia, CA

Posted 02 March 2012 - 06:47 AM

Hey im new to the cruz and i downloaded your file, got it to the sd card but after i power it off and push vol + and power it does nothing
btw this is a T103

Good luck lookin into it- looks like lots of nice options opening up on the T series ROMs.
Check here:
Cruz Tablet forums
-MK

VMC R101:

#928 ghostt

ghostt

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 08:58 PM

Greetings!

Firstly I just want to say thanks for the hard work on this!

Any chance for a samba/CIFS module for this Rom? I'm using the 3.5 version (overclocked), but I'm willing to re-image with whatever version. No matter what I've tried I've not been able to get a working module to run on the R101.

I purchased an R101 reader from a Woot sale some time ago. I promptly used the latest that was available at the time for it, and sadly the performance was awful, wifi broke constantly, market and gapps couldn't work, etc. Needless to say the device sat unused for a good 6-7 months. I recently got curious again and found this thread, now I have a device that's actually very usable and functional!

I've actually been planning a project to use some sort of cheap Android tablet as a wall-mount controller for my home automation system. I've already developed a web interface for it (all home-grown linux based stuff), and the interface is designed to work well with both my Android phone as well as this R101 tablet. The idea is to take the setup of the tablet, purchase a few more, restore this setup to them, mount them on the wall, and enjoy. :)

One issue though is that part of what I'm designing involves some communication between the central home control computer and the rest of my devices. I generally use Samba shares for this, and have the back-end updating status files (ie, motion_sensor_kitchen.txt has an "on" or "off" in the file). I'm using Tasker to check for updates to these files, and if "off", then shut off the display of the tablet (with Tasker), and if "on", turn on the display.

So far the best I've been able to do is to auto-sync with an app from the market to a local directory on the tablet. This has been inelegant since the lowest sync rate I can do is 2 minutes. I'm shooting for it to turn on when the lights turn on (when motion is detected), so the key is to have real-time access to the files in question. This would require mounting the samba share directly to the R101.

I'm all ears if anyone has a suggestion on a better way to communicate to the tablets too. :) My goal is to send some kind of notification to the tablet to turn the display on/off using from a remote computer...

Thanks for anyone who can assist. :)

#929 TylerDragonHeart

TylerDragonHeart

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:46 PM

So i am planning to sell my t301 in a month or so: would i be able to just re-flash the rom with the stock one (the 2.2 update from velocity micro's website) and make it look like nothing was ever done to the device? thanks guys, trying the rom right now :)

#930 maeflower81

maeflower81

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:50 PM

I have done this and it seems to work, some. However there is no room to download any apps even after removing a bunch! I Don't even have room to download apps2sd so i will have more room? How r people dealing with/gettting past this? Thanks for any feedback!

#931 j.beattie

j.beattie

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:54 PM

bare with me but im rather (extremely) new to the android plate form.. i have a Velocity Micro Cruz r102... i just updated to the latest firmware from the Velocity Mirco website... but it doesnt say which number it is... id really like to try this on my tablet but i find myself lacking on some of this and could use a hand..

#932 CaptED

CaptED

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationBryant, Arkansas

Posted 14 May 2012 - 01:37 PM

Hi to All Readers....

I need some info PLEASE...

I have a Cruz R102 and have the "JGM ver 4.0 533 mhz" installed and it works great...

Here is my Question....

I want to remove all the Google Related Apps and all (or Most) stock Cruz apps...Stripped Down...
I have one app that I want to have it all....XCSoar incase you want to know...

I have just attempted to delete the files but it makes the update corrupted and of course I must unplug the
Battery and start over....

Now I am not really asking anyone to do it ... just explain what is involved in me doing....

Basic things like Wifi & USB Storage are needed ...

Thanks in advance
Ed

VMCR R-102 JGM's 4.0 @533 mhz
Polaroid PMID 702c
Coby MID 7024, 8127 & 7042

#933 ram11

ram11

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:53 AM

hi ,im using the 1.1 lite,and cant seem to get the app2sd to download from market any ideas!!! geting error parse.thanks

#934 ram11

ram11

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:54 AM

hi ,im using the 1.1 lite,and cant seem to get the app2sd to download from market any ideas!!! geting error parse.thanks

#935 ram11

ram11

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 12:36 PM

hi im using 1.1 lite and dont see a icon for app2sd,is this correct,im really not sure ,any help would be appreciated

#936 Mr Krinkle

Mr Krinkle

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationMonrovia, CA

Posted 18 May 2012 - 01:54 AM

hi im using 1.1 lite and dont see a icon for app2sd,is this correct,im really not sure ,any help would be appreciated

Hi Ram11, welcome to the forums. The app2sd script used in this firmware is a script rather than the actual app "Apps2SD". To utilize it, you must run the terminal emulator application included with the FW. I believe that JGM's ROMs 3 and 4 included the app2sd.sh script. Be advised that the overclocked 3.1 may brick your device and has left quite a few members on this forum scratching their heads. My understanding per the user Delta-9 is that the processor manufacturing specs for this device are not adequate to fully handle OC to 800mhz- so it wouldn't really be advisable.

Check the page one original post for the rundown on this usefull script. If it don't work- try LinktoSD.. I hear it's pretty functional on the Cruz R series.
Cheers!
-MK

VMC R101:

#937 Mr Krinkle

Mr Krinkle

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationMonrovia, CA

Posted 18 May 2012 - 02:01 AM

Hi to All Readers....

I need some info PLEASE...

I have a Cruz R102 and have the "JGM ver 4.0 533 mhz" installed and it works great...

Here is my Question....

I want to remove all the Google Related Apps and all (or Most) stock Cruz apps...Stripped Down...
I have one app that I want to have it all....XCSoar incase you want to know...

I have just attempted to delete the files but it makes the update corrupted and of course I must unplug the
Battery and start over....

Now I am not really asking anyone to do it ... just explain what is involved in me doing....

Basic things like Wifi & USB Storage are needed ...

Thanks in advance
Ed

Pretty sure that you can delete the bloatware and other Google related junk easily after install of the ROM, then using the terminal emulator to take superuser privilege. everything should be -rw after that, I think.
-MK

VMC R101:

#938 Mr Krinkle

Mr Krinkle

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationMonrovia, CA

Posted 18 May 2012 - 02:10 AM

bare with me but im rather (extremely) new to the android plate form.. i have a Velocity Micro Cruz r102... i just updated to the latest firmware from the Velocity Mirco website... but it doesnt say which number it is... id really like to try this on my tablet but i find myself lacking on some of this and could use a hand..

I believe the newer R10x series update fixes a few issues, like slightly better wifi patching.. minor things- still plainly a 2.0 OS. JGMs 3.1 (533mhz) and 4.0 ROMs move it a tad closer to the 2.1 OS functionality. Just read the original post carefully, and follow the steps exactly to the letter. Again if the employ of the app2sd script isnt working try searching for and installing the Link2SD app.
-MK

VMC R101:

#939 Mr Krinkle

Mr Krinkle

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationMonrovia, CA

Posted 18 May 2012 - 02:14 AM

I have done this and it seems to work, some. However there is no room to download any apps even after removing a bunch! I Don't even have room to download apps2sd so i will have more room? How r people dealing with/gettting past this? Thanks for any feedback!

the app2sd functionality mentioned in this ROM content is actually a script that must be run from the command line via the Terminal Emulator app included in the ROM. Just give the original post on page one a good read over, and follow the Terminal Emulator prompts.. as long as your SD card is not corrupted it should run ok. Good luck with it!
:drinks:
-MK

VMC R101:

#940 Mr Krinkle

Mr Krinkle

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationMonrovia, CA

Posted 18 May 2012 - 02:17 AM

Greetings!

Firstly I just want to say thanks for the hard work on this!

Any chance for a samba/CIFS module for this Rom? I'm using the 3.5 version (overclocked), but I'm willing to re-image with whatever version. No matter what I've tried I've not been able to get a working module to run on the R101.

I purchased an R101 reader from a Woot sale some time ago. I promptly used the latest that was available at the time for it, and sadly the performance was awful, wifi broke constantly, market and gapps couldn't work, etc. Needless to say the device sat unused for a good 6-7 months. I recently got curious again and found this thread, now I have a device that's actually very usable and functional!

I've actually been planning a project to use some sort of cheap Android tablet as a wall-mount controller for my home automation system. I've already developed a web interface for it (all home-grown linux based stuff), and the interface is designed to work well with both my Android phone as well as this R101 tablet. The idea is to take the setup of the tablet, purchase a few more, restore this setup to them, mount them on the wall, and enjoy. :)

One issue though is that part of what I'm designing involves some communication between the central home control computer and the rest of my devices. I generally use Samba shares for this, and have the back-end updating status files (ie, motion_sensor_kitchen.txt has an "on" or "off" in the file). I'm using Tasker to check for updates to these files, and if "off", then shut off the display of the tablet (with Tasker), and if "on", turn on the display.

So far the best I've been able to do is to auto-sync with an app from the market to a local directory on the tablet. This has been inelegant since the lowest sync rate I can do is 2 minutes. I'm shooting for it to turn on when the lights turn on (when motion is detected), so the key is to have real-time access to the files in question. This would require mounting the samba share directly to the R101.

I'm all ears if anyone has a suggestion on a better way to communicate to the tablets too. :) My goal is to send some kind of notification to the tablet to turn the display on/off using from a remote computer...

Thanks for anyone who can assist. :)

Cool idea! Would Samba refresh be effected positively to alter the Buildprop file to have the wi-fi supplicant lower interval? My guess is not necessarily.. worth a try though. I'd also give a few different Samba interfaces a try and see if possible to lower the refresh interval, maybe GhostCommander's Samba add-on might be helpful.. I haven't tried it.

Edited by Mr Krinkle, 18 May 2012 - 02:20 AM.

-MK

VMC R101: