• Please log in to reply
960 replies to this topic

#41 jgm

jgm

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 09:49 PM

Going on reboot loop with white screen, cruz logo and white screen. Got restarted atleast 10 times and going on

If you are getting white screen at start then you are using pandas u-boot.bin, that could be the cause.

#42 Kib!

Kib!

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 09:51 PM

Thanks for the quick response gjbnh

I was worry that I was doing something wrong.

#43 jgm

jgm

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 09:57 PM

... Then I tried "sh/system/bin/app2sd.sh" and got the message "not found". Just as an experiment, I tried "/data/local/bib/app2sd.sh" and again got the message "not found".My unit is R103 V2.0.  ...

did you input the command that way? If yes you left a space after sh.

sh /system/bin/app2sd.sh

if not try ls -l /system/bin/app2sd.sh to verify the file is there.

#44 jgm

jgm

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 10:10 PM

I'm having trouble with the app2sd part.  I've followed the instructions and have had no luck.  I keep getting this error.

Ok now I get a little further but get this error.

... Partition number (1-4): First cylinder (2-484032, default 2): Value out of ran ....

I've searched threads trying to get it to work, but I'm not having any luck.  Don't really know what else to try.

Theres the bug  :) when I wrote the script I was supposing the first cylinder would be always 1, but in this case is 2 :S.

I will have to change the script to input only an enter instead of a 1 to use default value.

Thanks for posting the output.

#45 mayday247

mayday247

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 10:22 PM

Actually after executing su if you write id and press enter you should see uid=0(root) gid=0(root)

dont know what this means, i did the reboot and it took well, just cant overclock

the fastes it gets is 532

532...for now.

Well it looks like I'm keeping this little tyke. 800mhz is the goa. Anyone know how to do it?

I was able to get the speed up to 800mhz from 532 mhz by replacing the u-boot.bin file in JGM's PD_INX7E_ENG_6410POP.zip file with the one from PandaBomb's Macho Cruz rom file. Loaded the modified PD_INX7E_ENG_6410POP.zip and installed SetCPU and it ran at 800 MHZ

Thanks Miamiheat!  Replacing JGM's u-boot file with Panda's worked like a charm and I can overclock my R103v3 at 800mhz now with SetCPU.  Hopefully someone can figure out the app2sd problem that everyone seems to be having and this will be one sweet $99 EReader/Tablet.

JGM - great job on the new ROM...Thx!  Still stuck on the app2sd part and the command -I /system/bin/app2sd.sh returns "not found".  I assume that's a capital 'i' at the beginning of the command and not an "L'?  I tried both just in case, but same result "not found" result unfortunately. I did a search using Astro and it does show the file /system/bin/app2sd.sh so not sure why the emulator is not seeing it  :)

#46 Contra

Contra

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 08 January 2011 - 10:33 PM

Actually after executing su if you write id and press enter you should see uid=0(root) gid=0(root)

dont know what this means, i did the reboot and it took well, just cant overclock

the fastes it gets is 532

532...for now.

Well it looks like I'm keeping this little tyke. 800mhz is the goa. Anyone know how to do it?

I was able to get the speed up to 800mhz from 532 mhz by replacing the u-boot.bin file in JGM's PD_INX7E_ENG_6410POP.zip file with the one from PandaBomb's Macho Cruz rom file. Loaded the modified PD_INX7E_ENG_6410POP.zip and installed SetCPU and it ran at 800 MHZ

I will try this, for thos who have been sucessful, does it still sat Eclair or Macho in the "about"

#47 Contra

Contra

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 08 January 2011 - 10:36 PM

lol, i did this but mine keeps going to Andy with the exclamation point above him

#48 jgm

jgm

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 10:49 PM

About all the people having permission issues and not getting id 0, I don't have an idea of what could be. My cruz reader is R101 and works great. Could some one with newer revision of the reader can report if fully rooted? Maybe there's a file permission that need to be set on the initialisation script I wrote like the [ binary that some one reported (already added chmod command for [ on my local copy).

If thats the case then the initialisation script failed to correctly root the system due to [ binary not being executable. This binary is used on if conditions to check if files exists etc...

Could some one with the permissions problem try with adb:

ls -l /system/bin/[

then post the output on this forum

also

chmod 4755 /system/bin/su
chmod 4755 /system/bin/app2sd.sh

and report if the script executes correctly after running it.

After that if it results the bug is that of [ binary file I will add the fix and re-upload the rom.

Maybe I have to run a chmod 4755 /system/bin/* on the initialisation, just to be sure :)

Edit: fixed a typo on the first adb command

#49 jgm

jgm

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 10:54 PM

lol, i did this but mine keeps going to Andy with the exclamation point above him

You may need to format your external sd card and re-copy the modified rom to it to retry the install.

#50 ccyg8774

ccyg8774

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 11:01 PM

Could some one with the permissions problem try with adb:

chmod -l /system/bin/[

then post the output on this forum

also

and report if the script executes correctly after running it.

After that if it results the bug is that of [ binary file I will add the fix and re-upload the rom.

Maybe I have to run a chmod 4755 /system/bin/* on the initialisation, just to be sure :)

Edit: fixed a typo on the first adb command

I am not sure if I did it right... This is the output I got.

C:android-sdk-windowstools>adb shell
# chmod -l /system/bin[
chmod -l /system/bin[
Bad mode
# chmod 4755 /system/bin/su
Unable to chmod /system/bin/su: Read-only file system
# chmod 4755 /system/bin/app2sd.sh
Unable to chmod /system/bin/app2sd.sh: Read-only file system

Then I tried again without the typo:

# ls -l /system/bin/[
ls -l /system/bin/[
-rw-r--r-- root    root      690260 2008-08-01 08:00 [
#

My reader is a R101, too.

#51 jgm

jgm

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 11:05 PM

it is ls -l /system/bin/[ I mistakenly wrote chmod sorry for that one

#52 ccyg8774

ccyg8774

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 11:09 PM

# ls -l /system/bin/[
ls -l /system/bin/[
#

I don't know much thing about linux, but is the "Read-only file system" can be solved by some kind of mount command?

#53 Kib!

Kib!

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 11:10 PM

I got

-rw-r--r-- root root 690260 2008-08-01 08:00[

#54 jgm

jgm

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 11:12 PM

# ls -l /system/bin/[
ls -l /system/bin/[
#

My reader is a R101, too.

That has to be the bug, the initialisation script is failing to root the device since that file doesn't have execution permissions set I thought all binaries on the /system/bin where given execution permissions on the setup but I was wrong, well I'm on my way to fixing this issue and re-uploading. Thanks for the feedback

#55 mayday247

mayday247

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 11:13 PM

I'm having the app2sd permission denied issue with my R103 v3.  I'm definitely rooted because id returns uid=0(root) gid=0(root).  Don't know if I'm doing this right in ADB, but this is what comes up when I add the above command:

# ls -l /system/bin/[
ls -l /system/bin/[
-rw-r-r--r-- root      root                    690260 2008-08-01  05:00 [

#56 gjbnh

gjbnh

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 11:17 PM

Still not working after chmoding. I removed the external SD card before running script; I've already formatted it today. I have root.

#57 Howie372

Howie372

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 08 January 2011 - 11:21 PM

Thanks JGM for all your work and dedication on this work.  I have a r103 v3 and I think you're on the right track.  I tried the rom and got same result as above post.  Andy with an exclamation mark, I removed external sd (that was the one I had chosen for install of apps) and rebooted.  All fine.  While sd card was out I examined it and found that your script had indeed partitioned the card and copied the apps over despite the errors making it look like it hadn't.  Just guessing Andy with exclamation was due to r103 not set to run off sd card.  Probably wrong on my part but thought I'd share the observation and let brighter minds like yours run with it.  Thanks again for your work. 

#58 Kib!

Kib!

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 11:22 PM

mayday247

How did you flash ur?

Copy the u-boot to jgm's zip?

I've tried that and it didn't give me root access and it have wifi issue too.
with jgm's at least I get the market.

#59 stang

stang

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 11:41 PM

FYI:

ADW.Launcher runs like a beast on this thing.

#60 mayday247

mayday247

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 11:55 PM

mayday247

How did you flash ur?

Copy the u-boot to jgm's zip?

I've tried that and it didn't give me root access and it have wifi issue too.
with jgm's at least I get the market.

To flash the new ROM I formatted my 4gb SDHC to fat32...its a Class 4 card if that matters?  I loaded the zip file onto the SD card, put it in the external card slot and booted it using the volume button up + power button method.  I had to tap the four corners as instructed to bypass the setup screens once it finished initializing/booting, but I've yet to get the "Exclamation Mark Andy" with JGM's ROM and I've flashed my R103 v3 about six times today.

To swap the u-boot files to overclock at 800mhz:  using Windows Explorer, right click the Panda ROM zip, select Explore, copy the u-boot file and save it somewhere convenient.  Then do the same with the JGM ROM zip, but delete the u-boot file instead and save.  Now open that JGM ROM zip using a zip utility (I have Winzip) and add the Panda u-boot file that you previously extracted.  Close out of your zip utility and you should see the u-boot file in the JGM ROM zip now by doing the right click/explore thing again.  Copy that zip onto a freshly formatted SD card and it should flash fine.  You may want to format your internal SD card in case it has stuff on it (Settings > SD Card & Device Storage > Format SD Card).  I just got mine so it was basically empty.

As for the WiFi problem, these ROMs seem to have issues recognizing router names with spaces.  I just decided to rename my router's SSID so that there were no spaces and it works great.  I still had to reconfigure all of my other wireless devices to the new name, but that was an easier fix than having to figure out script and stuff like that.

Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users