Replace 4GB card with 32 GB card?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 tomlogan1

tomlogan1

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 10:39 PM

I have a Herotab M802 and was wondering about removing th 4GB internal card and replacing it with a 32GB card.  The way that the external card protrudes from the side looks like an easy way to lose a card, and perhaps cause some damange.

I'm not worried about the physical teardown, but have only Windows, not Linux at my disposal, so I am not sure how to format the card.  Is a simple FAT32 as a single card OK or must I partition it in smoe way?

All responses appreciated.

#2 Mp4

Mp4

Admin Ninja

• Administrators
  • 2,558 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 03:13 PM

that can be done but it has to be partitioned correctly as i think you already stated , if not the fw will read incorrectly .
check the m816 thread I think I few members have already switched out the smaller cards and for larger ones

#3 zvangu

zvangu

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 11:10 AM

first,please read this
http://www.slatedroi...tex-a8-tablets/
  • mrsburnout likes this

#4 mrsburnout

mrsburnout

"Linkmeister"

• Administrators
  • 7,292 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 06 March 2011 - 11:58 AM

first,please read this
http://www.slatedroi...tex-a8-tablets/

Excellent first post!!!

+1 Thank you.
YMMV = Your Mileage May Vary - Not even OEM FW is guaranteed "safe" to flash.

Hey! Newbies (n00bs) - Click the blue links ;) - Forum Rules

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today." ~James Dean
"Slatedroid: Where all the advice is free, even advice you don't want." ~Mark Adams #113449
"Women are Angels. When someone breaks our wings - we simply continue to fly - on a broomstick. We are flexible like that."

Posted Image ~cheers

#5 tomlogan1

tomlogan1

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 05:49 PM

Excellent first post!!!

+1 Thank you.

Using USBIT, I managed to put a new system onto a 4GB card. I then ran Gparted from the CD and all the partitions were there. I played around a little bit with resizng and was able to make some changes. I will try with my 32GB card and see what happens. Assuming that works, the only real issue then is getting the case open and closed again wihtout breaking the touch screen. I am 1 for 2 there and have another touch screen in the box if I fubar that up.