Cruz Reader R101 Stuck on Cruz Boot Screen

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 luisrodl

luisrodl

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 07:16 PM

Hello everyone, this is my first post and I am posting since I have searched for an answer everywhere on the forum and could not find a solution.

Yesterday I was installing PandaBomb's Macho Cruz Modified Firmware on my girlfriend's Cruz Reader and everything went smoothly.  Then I tried to do the apps2sd stuff. I have a rooted Hero CDMA with custom ROM and know how to use ADB so I thought it would be a piece of cake. I passed everything to the SD but then noticed that I had not upgraded the ext partition to ext3. So I installed the original VM firmware and while it was rebooting I went to sleep. When I woke up today I saw that it was still on the Cruz screen. Then I have tried to flash the VM firmware many times, flash the Macho Cruz original ROM, flash the Panda Bomb Modified firmware and have not been successful, it always gets stuck on the Cruz boot screen. I can confirm I have ADB access to the tablet. Is the here anything I can do to fix this problem? I know is fixable, since I am not getting the dreaded white screen, but I don't know what to do. Any help anyone could brin me would be greatly appreciated.  :)

#2 gatkerson

gatkerson

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN

Posted 05 January 2011 - 07:22 PM

Pull the battery and then plug it back in.  Leave it powered off for about an hour then try flashing the VM rom back on there.  At least get it back to stock and then try everything again.  That's how I've been doing it, works for me.  Someone else may have a better solution.

#3 luisrodl

luisrodl

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 07:24 PM

Pull the battery and then plug it back in.  Leave it powered off for about an hour then try flashing the VM rom back on there.  At least get it back to stock and then try everything again.  That's how I've been doing it, works for me.  Someone else may have a better solution.

Thanks gatkerson, I will do that now. I'll report back in an hour to see if it worked.

#4 luisrodl

luisrodl

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 08:45 PM

Unfortunately I have tried to flash the VM firmware a couple of times and afterwards it stays stuck on the Cruz screen. Is there anything else I could do? Something in ADB or anything like that?

#5 gatkerson

gatkerson

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN

Posted 05 January 2011 - 08:58 PM

Well that sucks!!  Hmmmm.....
I was able to take the boot.ini file from the VM rom and copy it to the Panda rom, that helped me load the Panda rom to mine.  Maybe you could try the other way, copy the boot.ini file from the Panda rom to the VM rom.  Just a suggestion, not entirely sure that will work for you but from there on, I'm sorry, I won't be any good to ya.  I'm still a newb at this.

You downloaded the new VM rom from VM's website:

http://cruzsupport.v...asp?deptID=5758

#6 luisrodl

luisrodl

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 09:00 PM

Well that sucks!!  Hmmmm.....
I was able to take the boot.ini file from the VM rom and copy it to the Panda rom, that helped me load the Panda rom to mine.  Maybe you could try the other way, copy the boot.ini file from the Panda rom to the VM rom.  Just a suggestion, not entirely sure that will work for you but from there on, I'm sorry, I won't be any good to ya.  I'm still a newb at this.

You downloaded the new VM rom from VM's website:

http://cruzsupport.v...asp?deptID=5758

I'm thankful of your help. I'll try just that to install the Panda Rom with the boot.ini of the VM rom. And yes I downloaded it from their website.

#7 gatkerson

gatkerson

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN

Posted 05 January 2011 - 09:02 PM

Ok, I hope everything works out for you.  Keep asking questions, someone out there has done it I'm sure.

#8 gatkerson

gatkerson

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN

Posted 05 January 2011 - 10:16 PM

I'm sorry, i gave you the wrong filename, it is u-boot.bin

I'm sure you understood what I meant, I just needed to clarify.

#9 luisrodl

luisrodl

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 10:34 PM

Update:

Have tried the U-boot swapping and it did not work. But something weird is going on. The reader is on the Cruz screen for about 5 minutes then the screen turns off. When I push the power button afterwards there is like a weird screen with colors grey and black. Here is the screen:

https://dl-web.dropb....jpg?w=aec2ccba

Anyone has any idea what is going on?

#10 richetts

richetts

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 11:43 PM

I am now stuck in the same place as Luisrodl...  Same grey screen and all..  Tried all the uboot swappin and different roms..  Unplugged battery for 2 hrs.. Still nothing..  Guess I will be awaiting an answer from some one who gets luck and get's there's working. 

By the way.. I do still have ADB Access to the device.  If anyone can explain how to wipe the system, maybe that will help.

#11 luisrodl

luisrodl

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 12:14 AM

I am now stuck in the same place as Luisrodl...  Same grey screen and all..  Tried all the uboot swappin and different roms..  Unplugged battery for 2 hrs.. Still nothing..  Guess I will be awaiting an answer from some one who gets luck and get's there's working. 

By the way.. I do still have ADB Access to the device.  If anyone can explain how to wipe the system, maybe that will help.

Well richetts it looks that we are in a unique situation since I have searched the whole forum and found no one with something like that. The fact that we have ADB access is good news, but it seems that this has not happened to many people. I hope a solution can be found, anything I find out I will post it ASAP.

#12 richetts

richetts

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 03:18 AM

It seems i messed a little too far into things and now I've lost ADB too.. The cruz just keeps rebooting itself after about 30 secs each time..  :(

#13 richetts

richetts

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 04:03 AM

Well.. I used giga8547's method and now I'm back to stock firmware.. At least I don't have a paperweight..  Will be experimenting to see if I can get MachoRom on it and market working again..

#14 robn

robn

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 11:35 AM

From the Cruz Reader: App2sd thread:

"when the reader is loading and stalls at the cruz logo plug usb cable adb shell and remove /system/etc/install-recovery.sh also if you ran script from the android terminal remove /system/tempsd folder"

#15 richetts

richetts

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 07:07 PM

Robn...  I did try that but had lot's of file not found errors..  Gave up after a couple hrs of trying things posted here and other forums.  I don't have market but I do have my reader back working with Panda's macho revision.

#16 luisrodl

luisrodl

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 06:12 PM

Well I finally gave up and used giga's method and it worked nicely. Not having market is a bit of a bummer but to anyone that doesn't has access to market search for applatet, is an app that acts as an alternative market. Thanks to everyone for their help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users