White Pandigital flash help

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 wdlamberth

wdlamberth

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 10:16 PM

My son who is gifted got a white pandigital for christmas. he wants to be able to play video's and they require some type of flash. i dont got old and cant think like i use to, he is about to drive me crazy to get it to work. please if some of  your could put me in the right direction easily. thanks .i may be asking in the wrong part of the forum.

#2 Reimar

Reimar

Mr. Imperfect

• Global Moderators
  • 3,029 posts
  • LocationSamut Prakarn (Thailand)

Posted 28 December 2010 - 09:05 PM

Welcome to Slatedroid.

Maybe you head over to the Pandigital Forum at Slatedroid: http://www.slatedroi....php?board=43.0 for more info. There's also a Wki Forum at the same location.

#3 kiwikids

kiwikids

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 08:54 PM

My son who is gifted got a white pandigital for christmas. he wants to be able to play video's and they require some type of flash. i dont got old and cant think like i use to, he is about to drive me crazy to get it to work. please if some of  your could put me in the right direction easily. thanks .i may be asking in the wrong part of the forum.

there is no flash player that will work on the stock model - there are some hacks you can do to it to get it to work. i am having the same problem and about to nchntr v1.6 on mine as that will open the platform to allow for apps etc to be added - search "pandigital" in the search option and then read the forums - the wiki is very good

#4 davidr

davidr

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 846 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 01 January 2011 - 09:39 PM

There are no hacks that make flash work. It is a hardware limitation..

There is a "flash lite" that will work, but it will not do many of the things regular flash will do (so I've been told)..

#5 mac1_131

mac1_131

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 10:05 PM

can you be more specific about what "play videos" means?

does he want to watch an .mp4 video that he puts on the sd card?  It will do that...

does he want to watch a youtube video?  It will do that...

does he want to watch an imbedded video on a web site that uses flashplayer?  that's the thing it won't do, maybe never will.

#6 Reimar

Reimar

Mr. Imperfect

• Global Moderators
  • 3,029 posts
  • LocationSamut Prakarn (Thailand)

Posted 01 January 2011 - 10:22 PM

can you be more specific about what "play videos" means?

does he want to watch an .mp4 video that he puts on the sd card?  It will do that...

does he want to watch a youtube video?  It will do that...

does he want to watch an imbedded video on a web site that uses flashplayer?  that's the thing it won't do, maybe never will.

That's maybe possible if use the Skyfy Browser.