69 replies to this topic

#61 mogrith

mogrith

SlateGeek / Wiki Mod

• Global Administrator
  • 2,428 posts
  • LocationBrea, CA

Posted 24 January 2011 - 04:34 PM

Hey guys. I see a lot of you guys having trouble with this tablet, I am a student and would like to get a budget tablet for browsing, watching videos, reading e-books and the occasional games. I want to know if this is a good choice, its has a decently sized screen and equally powered processor. I have watched/read all the reviews, but its a mixed bag.
Could you give me a honest opinion. I don't mind doing a little leg work to get it in order but it should at least be usable.

Regards
Austin

Well first I would say you need to decide if you want a 4:3 or 16:9 screen.  For Me 4:3 is better for Browsing/e-book and 16:9 is better for Video.
the M802 is a 4:3 screen 800x600.

If you get a 8"Imx515 and don't have a screen shake you are good to go. I like this device. If you have the screen shake then a factory reset seems to help the most.

#62 chopsumbongw

chopsumbongw

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 05:09 PM

After watching the review for video playback i thought the videos on the M802 looked far better and crisp than most of shanzai tablets around.
Also isnt it possible to stretch the video to full screen or adjust the aspect ratio in the video player??
Would you recommend any other tablet in the same price range?

#63 undertakerr

undertakerr

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 01:23 PM

Applied the 12/22 update.

Nice. 360 rotation had 270 before.

New Market instead of old. Getting more app than I did before but still can't find pocket legends.

Notifications bar now has CPU meter, which I like. I install separate app to to do this on my M003.

Did lose angry birds, was able to reinstall but lost all levels.  :'(

Shake is about the same. But I did not expect that to change.

China apps gone.

All in all

Thumbs up.

where did you get that firmware? link please
i have the model with 2 screws ( i guess 1 speaker)

#64 dixon1305

dixon1305

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 01:31 PM

Hi everybody,

I have apad single speaker two screw by utopia and iam having a few questions. I have the XAUMOD firmware on it.
Now iam having problems with turning the screen off, it will crash with a forced lock and ill get a white screen flashing and i need to reset it. I have tried every app in the market but nothing works and i get really frustated from this problem! Can somebody please help me with this, iam willing to change of firmware..

iam also wondering if there is a way to get virtual volume buttons which can be used in any app?
and whcih firmware is the best at the moment?

thanks!

#65 mogrith

mogrith

SlateGeek / Wiki Mod

• Global Administrator
  • 2,428 posts
  • LocationBrea, CA

Posted 22 February 2011 - 07:21 PM

where did you get that firmware? link please
i have the model with 2 screws ( i guess 1 speaker)

I think it was from here,
Try http://www.mediafire...csozs1bq502b26c
Posted Image

#66 undertakerr

undertakerr

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 05:21 PM

I think it was from here,
Try http://www.mediafire...csozs1bq502b26c

Thanks a lot, i'll try updating tomorrow

#67 higwoshy

higwoshy

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 12:37 PM

Hmmm, seeing as this is the only place I can post and I can't send emails to anyone...

Can someone tell me why I can't download from your download section? Just gives an error:-

[#10848] We apologize for the inconvenience, please contact Admin or Global Moderator for support

I've got a ~apad imx515 single speaker mhk802 800mhz img_bbg(?) 20110101 firmware~ or at least I did have. Unfortunately, it got confused while connected to a PC and kept dismounting the file system while I was using it. Eventually the OS gave up and decided to format the internal sd card, with hilarious consequences.

Failing the download section working anyone know how to get firmware for this model? I'm going round in circles following broken links and old firmware. Google is not my friend anymore. Most frustrating, though I have managed to get it working with an old rom (upside down screen, no market). When I try to upgrade(?) using a system img it complains of MMC errors and bricks it, possibly because only 4Mb free in the system directory, or more than likely because I'm doing it wrong. Can't seem to get adb to detect it either (though it finds my samsung android phone fine). OSX.

Sorry if this is possibly the wrong place to post but I can't post anywhere else.

#68 kitanek

kitanek

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 05:02 AM

reupload please

Reupload please Apad imx515 8'

#69 Frank234

Frank234

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:51 AM

I`m looking for the most up to date ROM to replace IMX51.bbg.

#70 shr3k1989

shr3k1989

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:39 PM

Whats the battery life like on these?