• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#21 BigD

BigD

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 01:05 PM

I've uploaded a copy of my original firmware to Megaupload so some folks can give it a shot to see if it works any better for them. I've tried the one listed in this thread, but my original appears to be more stable on my tablets. My wifes tablet was having some issues so I put this on hers and it runs much better now... not saying it will work on everyones, just trying to help out those that it might.  8)

Before You Download
Use at your own risk!!! If you brick your tablet or screw it up, it's on you!!!
This is nothing more than a copy of my original firmware that came on my tablet, here's some details around the tablets I purchased and the issues I had:

http://www.slatedroi...p?topic=13592.0

My tablet came from Nowsupplier.com
It's a single speaker model
No screws on the case
Ports on the bottom are as follows: speaker, charging led, 30 pin, reset button, SD slot, headphone jack, microphone
pictures can be seen in the thread linked above

Here's the link to the Megaupload page.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=V4SRG9LT <<--- Download

I've found that the easiest way to backup and install the firmware is using AndroidTouchPC's Touch8 updater tool. I wish their tutorial had shown some better detail on how to backup your original firmware prior to installing a new one. Here's the steps I used to back mine up:

Make sure your tablet is fully charged

1. Put the Android drivers folder on your PC
2. Make sure that usb debugging is selected to "on" in the tablets device settings (under settings/applications/development)
3. Insert your SD card into the external slot (pretty sure it does not have to have the update.atp file on it, but not 100% sure... it does need right at 4 gigs of free space though)
4. Connect tablet to PC and turn it on
5. Point the windows hardware manager to the folder containing the drivers and allow it to install them
Note: Do not use the "connect to usb" on the tablet, the software will find it
6. Start the Touch8 Updater program
7. Click on "Use USB" button
8. Verify that pop up shows "Tablet Detected" (do not continue until it shows this, you may have to switch usb ports until you find one it will see the tablet on)
9. Once it has detected your tablet, select the "Backup Current" button and walk away for about 15 mins or so. There will be no indication that the tablet is doing anything and no timer will pop up like when using the "flash" button. The tablet will reboot once the backup is made, that will be your indicator that it is complete. You can verify that it's complete by checking for the "backup.atp" file on the SD card. Copy it to your PC and keep in a safe place.

Now, if you want to install the firmware linked above using ATP's Touch8 Updater follow these steps:

1. Download and extract firmware
2. Open the folder containing the firmware and rename the .img file to "update.atp" (you have to be able to edit the file extension)
3. Load the update.atp onto your SD card
4. Insert the card into the tablet
5. Power the tablet on and connect it to your PC
6. Verify connection using the "Use USB" button
7. Select "Flash Complete", the timer will start to count down (you can remove the usb cable and connect to charger at this point if needed)
8. Once complete, the tablet should restart. If it doesn't restart after 25 mins, push the reset button.
9. Follow the instructions in ATP's tutorial on reseting user data if needed.

D

#22 GameBoy2Go

GameBoy2Go

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 01:58 PM

I tried to grab the file but the thunder protocol takes me to wiki
weird , if someone can translate I will host the file

Hi There,

Download the Thunder client here: http://www.mediafire.com/?zdntnzrntne

No need to install, the client is an exe file just unzip and click on the Hunter.exe file in the Thunder folder. The prog is like a torrent client.

Next, copy the thunder link from the Chinese site, then in the thunder client, click on the New button. The link from the clipboard should be already in the url box then click ok and it will download. I just downloaded it but haven't flashed it yet.

Who'll be first?  ;)

#23 GameBoy2Go

GameBoy2Go

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 02:37 PM

To make it easier, I uploaded the file here:

http://www.mediafire...csozs1bq502b26c

I've not tested it so please take precautions and scan with anti-virus.  :)

#24 Mp4

Mp4

Admin Ninja

• Administrators
  • 2,558 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 02:46 PM

hello new best friend downloading now

#25 GameBoy2Go

GameBoy2Go

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 02:58 PM

hello new best friend downloading now

Hi Buddy, thank you for the video on flashing. It helped a lot. Thought I might help a bit too with the files. According the to change log, this update sounds good, but only for the one-speaker version.

I'm still on the 1218 firmware and my tab is nice and stable. Hope this one is better.  :)

#26 BigD

BigD

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 11:16 PM

Anyone here have the ability to get the firmware files listed in the first post of this thread?.. From what I can tell, you have to have an account. I've tried to set up an account, but it's just not happening working through a translater. There's a 12-27-2010 release for the dual speaker file listed that will help a lot of folks on here! Judging by several of the posts, they've been waiting on the dual speaker file for quite a while now too, I think it would help those of us that have G-sensor issues with most of the other releases.

http://www.99pad.com...d-3829-1-1.html

D

#27 Mp4

Mp4

Admin Ninja

• Administrators
  • 2,558 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 07:33 AM

in the download section
remember this is untested I recommend you follow my unbricking tute and use a separate sd card not your primary one

#28 BigD

BigD

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 08:15 AM

Your the man MP4...  8)

Gonna give it a shot now, I'll let everyone know how it goes.  ???

D

#29 Taniguchi

Taniguchi

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 08:23 AM

Great, now that we possibly have a working firmware I cracked my touchscreen while opening the tab  :P  The button side got stuck, so I pushed harder, not the wisest choice. Anyway, already ordered a new one from Pandawill, hope it doesn't take too long.

And thanks Mp4, will try the firmware when the new TS arrives.

#30 BigD

BigD

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 08:29 AM

I'm in the process of installing the 2 speaker firmware on mine now. I tried the 12-22-2010 on mine and ended up with the G-sensor issues. I love the firmware other than that though. The new style keyboard is great with sound feedback as you type, you can set sound feedback for when you make selections and the new market interface is much nicer.

One thing I've found is that the AndroidTouchPC Touch8Updater tool will no longer work on my tablet. Not sure if the new firmware closed a hole that they were exploiting or if it's just my tablet, but I can't use it to push image files any more.

D

#31 BigD

BigD

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 08:34 AM

OK... it's done, WE GOT A BRICK!!!  :P

Just kidding, it took the updates no problem and G-sensor is FIXED!!!  ;D

I'll report back with all of the other good stuff I find!!!

Thanks again MP4 for pulling these files!

D

#32 BigD

BigD

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 08:56 AM

Well, it's definately a downgrade from the 12-22 firmware for the other models. The market is the older style, you don't have the sound feedback abbilities on the keyboard or when making selections.

One good thing is the G-sensor now works in all four directions. That's a first on my pad, stock it only had three. It seems to be very responsive and quick and all of the unwanted Chinese apps are gone. Facebook app still doesn't work, it appeared to work on the 12-22 release though(I don't have an account so I couldn't fully test it). The build shows to be 12-18 on this one.

D

#33 Mp4

Mp4

Admin Ninja

• Administrators
  • 2,558 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 08:58 AM

+1 applause for beta testing  ;D

nice work D

#34 Verbl Kint

Verbl Kint

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Location127.0.0.1

Posted 31 December 2010 - 03:52 AM

To make it easier, I uploaded the file here:

http://www.mediafire...csozs1bq502b26c

I've not tested it so please take precautions and scan with anti-virus.  :P

Thank you very much for the link!  Am on 12-18 now and eager to get this one as well.

and to everyone on Slatedroid:

8) Happy New Year!!  8)

#35 mogrith

mogrith

SlateGeek / Wiki Mod

• Global Administrator
  • 2,428 posts
  • LocationBrea, CA

Posted 31 December 2010 - 07:12 PM

Applied the 12/22 update.

Nice. 360 rotation had 270 before.

New Market instead of old. Getting more app than I did before but still can't find pocket legends.

Notifications bar now has CPU meter, which I like. I install separate app to to do this on my M003.

Did lose angry birds, was able to reinstall but lost all levels.  :'(

Shake is about the same. But I did not expect that to change.

China apps gone.

All in all

Thumbs up.

#36 Verbl Kint

Verbl Kint

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Location127.0.0.1

Posted 02 January 2011 - 02:07 AM

Applied the 12/22 update.

All in all

Thumbs up.

Hi.  Did you update from the 12-18 firmware or from the 11-29 one?

#37 mogrith

mogrith

SlateGeek / Wiki Mod

• Global Administrator
  • 2,428 posts
  • LocationBrea, CA

Posted 02 January 2011 - 10:21 PM

Not sure of date of original firmware but was before 11/29. Made backup and applied AndroidtouchPC touch8c. Then applied 12/22 update.

#38 Nextasy

Nextasy

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 11:34 AM

I've uploaded a copy of my original firmware to Megaupload so some folks can give it a shot to see if it works any better for them. I've tried the one listed in this thread, but my original appears to be more stable on my tablets. My wifes tablet was having some issues so I put this on hers and it runs much better now... not saying it will work on everyones, just trying to help out those that it might.  8)

Before You Download
Use at your own risk!!! If you brick your tablet or screw it up, it's on you!!!
This is nothing more than a copy of my original firmware that came on my tablet, here's some details around the tablets I purchased and the issues I had:

http://www.slatedroi...p?topic=13592.0

My tablet came from Nowsupplier.com
It's a single speaker model
No screws on the case
Ports on the bottom are as follows: speaker, charging led, 30 pin, reset button, SD slot, headphone jack, microphone
pictures can be seen in the thread linked above

Here's the link to the Megaupload page.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=V4SRG9LT <<--- Download

I've found that the easiest way to backup and install the firmware is using AndroidTouchPC's Touch8 updater tool. I wish their tutorial had shown some better detail on how to backup your original firmware prior to installing a new one. Here's the steps I used to back mine up:

1. Put the Android drivers folder on your PC
2. Make sure that usb debugging is selected to "on" in the tablets device settings (under settings/applications/development)
3. Insert your SD card into the external slot (pretty sure it does not have to have the update.atp file on it, but not 100% sure... it does need right at 4 gigs of free space though)
4. Connect tablet to PC and turn it on
5. Point the windows hardware manager to the folder containing the drivers and allow it to install them
Note: Do not use the "connect to usb" on the tablet, the software will find it
6. Start the Touch8 Updater program
7. Click on "Use USB" button
8. Verify that pop up shows "Tablet Detected" (do not continue until it shows this, you may have to switch usb ports until you find one it will see the tablet on)
9. Once it has detected your tablet, select the "Backup Current" button and walk away for about 15 mins or so. There will be no indication that the tablet is doing anything and no timer will pop up like when using the "flash" button. The tablet will reboot once the backup is made, that will be your indicator that it is complete. You can verify that it's complete by checking for the "backup.atp" file on the SD card. Copy it to your PC and keep in a safe place.

Now, if you want to install the firmware linked above using ATP's Touch8 Updater follow these steps:

1. Download and extract firmware
2. Open the folder containing the firmware and rename the .img file to "update.atp" (you have to be able to edit the file extension)
3. Load the update.atp onto your SD card
4. Insert the card into the tablet
5. Power the tablet on and connect it to your PC
6. Verify connection using the "Use USB" button
7. Select "Flash Complete", the timer will start to count down (you can remove the usb cable and connect to charger at this point if needed)
8. Once complete, the tablet should restart. If it doesn't restart after 25 mins, push the reset button.
9. Follow the instructions in ATP's tutorial on reseting user data if needed.

D

@Big D:

just a request:

Is it possible for you to make an image from the released 1222 version? The Problem is that i cannot load the 4 files into my device (even after watching the video tutorials) on windows and i don't know how to do it otherwise. Or if you can't maybe a "how to"  would be great.That would be great.

Thx

#39 BigD

BigD

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 02:13 PM

I'm working on it. I've got an image made now that's been cleaned up nicely and has a few tweaks, but for some reason it's smaller than any other image I've used in the past. It could be the program I used, I'm still looking at other alternatives. I'd really like to have something that folks could use without having to open their case... like the AndroidTouchPC loader tool, but it no longer works with the newer firmware.

If I could come up with another means, I'd have it up today... just gotta find it.  ::P

D

#40 Nextasy

Nextasy

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 02:17 PM

nice to hear that. I am sure many folks would like and appreciate that too.

Thx & cheers