Pandigital 9"

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 coyote81

coyote81

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 December 2010 - 05:47 PM

Well, I got a 9" from QVC for Christmas and I have read the relevent threads in this forum, but still having some problems.
First I can't connect it to my Windows Vista, my little Ubuntu Netbook picked it up right away. It gives me an error about device driver. I went to their website/read the user guide and all it say's is connect it via USB and it should just magically work.

Any ideas?

#2 mdeshotel

mdeshotel

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 December 2010 - 06:30 PM

you could try plugging it into your vista maching , going into device manager and deleting the driver then scan for new hardware and try searching from windows update to see if it downloads a new driver? 

not sure if It'd work, but its worth a try.

#3 bac522

bac522

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 25 December 2010 - 08:23 PM

It should connect as if it was just another drive, if you're having problems in Vista I would suspect the problem is in Vista and not with your PDN. Not sure what the error is your getting, but I would google for it and see if any recommendations come up...sounds like Vista doesn't have the correct drivers installed which does seem odd. 

#4 mdparent03

mdparent03

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 11:45 AM

I had same problem with my xp machine. Just clicked continue through the installs, then go to "my computer" and have "PD Novel" listed there which is the built in memory and also have what I renamed "PD 4GB" to designate the memory card. I can just drag n drop onto either of those areas Hope that is helpful. Already rooted and now looking for custom roms to try.