mindwave

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 07:56 PM

sorry if this is a dupe im just not sure if  its sw or hw

ok i have 2 tablets

a zt180 and an augen gt78

neither hi tech hw but both fit my needs.

the GT78 does what it does well UNTIL I get to reading in aldiko.

I start ond everything is fine, it even rotates to portrait mode, so it reads more like a book

unfortunately as i get deeper into a chapter the pages start to offest to the left (meaning i am loosing letters at the begining of each line, and have increasing white space at the end of each line)

interestingly enough the farther i get into a chapter the worse it gets, and then i get to the 1st page of the next chapter and boom, everything is back to normal.

i have tried all the settings i can think of (increasoing margins etc) on the augen and aldiko

anyone have any ideas?

OR do you know of another ereader app that is good ini android?

im not in love w/ aldiko itrs just what everyone suggested when i got the augen in august.

your input is appreciated thanks

#2 fun_

fun_

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 11:38 PM

unfortunately as i get deeper into a chapter the pages start to offest to the left (meaning i am loosing letters at the begining of each line, and have increasing white space at the end of each line)

interestingly enough the farther i get into a chapter the worse it gets, and then i get to the 1st page of the next chapter and boom, everything is back to normal.

maybe LCD density?
can you check value of ro.sf.lcd_density in /system/build.prop?

#3 bsnipes

bsnipes

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 11:49 PM

I agree that it is LCD density. That happens at certain densities on my writs a81e. Both laputa and moon+ reader are good.

Sent from my MID using Tapatalk

#4 RampantOctopus

RampantOctopus

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 06:42 PM

I had the same problem and it was the LCD Density. I've since started using "LCD Density Changer" and I set my pixel density to 160 (for whatever reason, the Gentouch occasionally resets itself to 161-- I think it may have something to do with the app "Rotate D," which always makes this problem come back... and Rotate D doesn't work for a crap anyways).

Anyhow, for more info on LCD Density Switcher, check out the below link... I have a slightly different build of it, but it aint broke, so I aint gonna fix...

http://www.appbrain....density_changer

Hope that helped.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users