TOUCHSCREEN won't work !

• Please log in to reply
304 replies to this topic

#1 valkyrie

valkyrie

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 08:51 PM

Hi,I bought apad from http://www.aliexpres...holesalers.htmlI receive it yesterday. The touch screen won't work. I think maybe the software. I flash it and when it rebbot and in calibration mode... The touchscreen won't work. So, now it stuck in calibration mode.Anybody can help me?

#2 xaueious

xaueious

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 954 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 23 June 2010 - 10:01 PM

Talk with the dudes you bought it from?

#3 Karlleopold

Karlleopold

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 02:35 PM

Ran firmware update 6-11 on my iWeb APAD today. Bad flash I guess, since at reboot the device hangs at the screen calibration step. The screen is totally unresponsive and I canīt figure out what to do next.Missing touchscreen driver? Reflash with stock firmware (which I canīt find, by the way)? Any method for recovery?Does anyone have any ideas how to proceed?

#4 xaueious

xaueious

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 954 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 30 June 2010 - 02:37 PM

Do it on battery

#5 TheTGizmoShop

TheTGizmoShop

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 10:35 PM

Having the same problem Karl after few days of playing with it, and its now stuck on calibration - even after installing the hybridkangxau and other flash updates....help anyone?

#6 TheTGizmoShop

TheTGizmoShop

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 10:36 PM

Same problem here after a few days - anyone have any ideas? Flash updates don't seem to fix it....

#7 xaueious

xaueious

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 954 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 30 June 2010 - 10:44 PM

Unplug power and try the calibration only on battery. If not you might have to take it apart and check the ribbon cable. You can use Androidscreencast to bypass the calibration

#8 skid

skid

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 02:54 PM

After i flashed my apad with Hybrid custom firmware for aPad Test 4 i also get a white cross and a non working touchscreen.trying androidscreencast, but so far no luck. Help please. :

#9 xaueious

xaueious

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 954 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 01 July 2010 - 03:08 PM

Sounds like you might have to take it apart to check the connection... See if you can return for exchange first.

#10 skid

skid

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 03:12 PM

Sounds like you might have to take it apart to check the connection... See if you can return for exchange first.

well thats rather weird isnt it :o. Upgrade firmware (software) and then take it apart to check the hardware. :( It worked before, so i don't think a firmware upgrade should trigger a hardware action

#11 Karlleopold

Karlleopold

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 04:28 PM

I agree. Itīs highly unlikely that a firmware update should trigger a hardware problem for many people in the same way. There are at least 2 posts about this at hiapad.com. I think we have to first consider the problem related to flashing of firmware update.

#12 skid

skid

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 08:02 AM

I agree. Itīs highly unlikely that a firmware update should trigger a hardware problem for many people in the same way. There are at least 2 posts about this at hiapad.com. I think we have to first consider the problem related to flashing of firmware update.

indeed. I tried about everything. For me, it looks like they forgot to enable the touchscreen or the driver. Because when i try androidscreencast, i can fully control the pad on my computer. Only thing that ain't working is the touchscreen.

#13 Xephyre

Xephyre

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 08:23 AM

I had a dead touch screen on arrival. Tried flashing to the latest firmware but to no avail. I could operate the device with a USB mouse though. I shipped it back to the seller for an exchange.

#14 Michken

Michken

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 10:15 AM

I am also having issues with my touchscreen. I noticed that it stopped working when it wasnt plugged into the wall. After messing with it some more it stopped working all together. I have tried a couple flashes with different firmware. Now im trying the ones on this site. HOPEFULLY ill find an answer. If this dosnt work im going to take it appart and try and see if the ribbon is loose. The person I bought from has not answered me on ###########. (big supprise)

#15 Michken

Michken

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 12:10 PM

Just wanted to leave an update that I finaly fixed the problem. You have to take the screen off and plugg the touchscreen cable back in. VERY EASY TO DO!! Just heat up the top layer on the touch screen with a hair dryer, sperate it with a knife, unscrew like 10 screws, CARFULLY pull off screen with a suction cup, unplug touchscreen then with tweezers plug back in. Screen is 100% responsive now.

#16 Karlleopold

Karlleopold

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 02:06 PM

Two different problems in this tread, in my opinion. Seems plausible that the dead touchscreen in posts above is hardware related. For us who end up with an unresponsive touchscreen at calibration after fw update and reboot itīs a different issue, probably related to someting related to the flashing procedure or fw update itself.Does anybody know how to find an older firmware than 5-30? Would be interesting to reflash with an older/original firmware.

#17 xaueious

xaueious

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 954 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 02 July 2010 - 02:11 PM

Just checking: Do you guys have Moonse branded Apads?

#18 Karlleopold

Karlleopold

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 02:19 PM

No, mine is branded iWeb.

#19 Guest_supersauce_*

Guest_supersauce_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 July 2010 - 02:37 PM

Do all these issues source to any particular sellers?

#20 tsflaxie

tsflaxie

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 02:37 PM

I had the dead touchscreen issue and what I did is I let my battery run completely dead until the unit turned itself off. I plugged it back in and I can now touch the screen. Not sure how well it is working as I am so relieved that I had to post that at least it is now accepting my touching it. How this helps someone else out.