Photo

Restore Cruz Reader to Factory Defaults?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 stlmacgeek

stlmacgeek

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 10:55 PM

Can anyone list the needed steps to return my Cruz Reader to factory default and to wipe all user data?

I used the Z4root method and loaded Panda's custom FW. I am considering returning this and buying the tablet version.

Thanks!

#2 raejr78

raejr78

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 31 December 2010 - 10:57 AM

You have to download the updated firmware from the cruzreader.com support onto an external SD card. Then power down you reader. Insert the SD card and then;

Press and hold volume up
Press and hold power button
Keep these pressed until it goes through the CRUZ boot screen and you see the Android and a progress meter
You can let go of the buttons now and it will be returned to as factory as you're going to get it
There is no way to get it back to the original firmware that it shipped with unless there was a way to backup the original firmware

#3 jmleedy

jmleedy

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 05:00 PM

Hey Rae... this doesn't really put it back to stock or "factory" settings. I have tried several times and even have a service tag into VM because i want to get rid of the macho intro, but also it doesn't clear off the micro SD card... at least every time i have tried it, it hasn't

#4 giga8547

giga8547

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 05:24 PM

Hey Rae... this doesn't really put it back to stock or "factory" settings. I have tried several times and even have a service tag into VM because i want to get rid of the macho intro, but also it doesn't clear off the micro SD card... at least every time i have tried it, it hasn't

read my post here http://www.slatedroi...p?topic=13909.0 this should help get rid of that pesky boot animation

#5 symbolic99

symbolic99

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 01:19 PM

this worked for me. take the micro SD card out of the reader delete all the information on it,and reformat using your computer.then with the reader powered off put the micro SD card back and a SD card with the velocitymicro update on it power up using the volume up+power button method. this should but the reader back to factory.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users