Android Tablets Forum banner

Yey, Finally has own section.

5K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  morri825 
#1 ·
Guess I'll be the first to post in the new section. Thank you for the new section.

#2 ·
I just purchased a Ideos S7 for my wife. Quick and dirty of it...we love it. However I cannot figure out how to get the USB Driver download to work. I unzipped the file etc. But everytime I try it Windows (Vista) cant find it. THe other thing is putting movies on it. I have played with it for hours but not sure what I am doing in this area. Any help appreciated.

R4boat

#3 ·
[quote author=R4boat link=topic=13012.msg106242#msg106242 date=1293112058]
I just purchased a Ideos S7 for my wife. Quick and dirty of it...we love it. However I cannot figure out how to get the USB Driver download to work. I unzipped the file etc. But everytime I try it Windows (Vista) cant find it. THe other thing is putting movies on it. I have played with it for hours but not sure what I am doing in this area. Any help appreciated.

R4boat
[/quote]

Hi,
Hopefully I haven't misunderstood your post. You should be down loading the usb driver to your vista laptop or pc. Using the usb cable, that came with your tablet, connect to your pc running vista. If Vista can't find the driver, you may have point the system to the location of your download. When vista is done sorting out the driver and sees the tablet, you'll need to tap the notification icon in the upper right corner of the S7 screen. On the left side of the notification panel, you should see mount messages for the sdcards. Tap to mount each. Now,when you return to your machine running vista, you should have a pop up window asking how to handle this new removable storage....

To get your movies copied to the S7, you can copy the mp4 formated movies via the usb connection just described or simply remove your external sdcard from the S7 and insert it into your Vista computer via microsdhc to sdhc or microsdhc to usb adapter. Then copy and paste. I just went thru this process a few days ago with some of my own movies.

Sent from my Ideos S7 using Tapatalk

#5 ·
Hi r4boat-
I have had this tablet for a month. In order for you to be able to see your sd cards you have to connect to your computer with usb cord (if it asks for a driver and you don't have one yet don't worry- you can just ignore and do what you want with the sd cards). Look at your tablet and in the right hand corner you have the 2 i's in squares- this is your notification window. click that and on the left side it will say sd card or internal card- you have to click that to mount it to your computer. Then you can open whatever drive letter it is on your computer and do stuff with your card. You will have 2 cards asking if you want to mount on your tablet. the internal (sd) and external (sd2).

The huawei site has drivers for you to download. They just got winxp up and bundled them with win 7. I had no problem with them. I did have to manually point out the folder to the computer. You have to do this twice because there is 2 drivers.

androidtablets.net has a large forum devoted to this tablet. You can learn alot about it there. Look under upper tier tablets and you will find it there.

Good luck and enjoy your tablet. It's good to see slatedroid has recognized it with a section!! ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.