• Please log in to reply
438 replies to this topic

#261 radioman52

radioman52

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 12:11 AM

p.s. i cant download adb drivers from vm its no longer there if anyone has the drivers for another site i can downlod it from it would help

Just went to the VM site and its still on line

http://cruzsupport.v...&questionID=858

#262 freshnerd729

freshnerd729

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 11:12 PM

what is the use of superuser permissions it doesnt load up

#263 freshnerd729

freshnerd729

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 01:35 AM

First of all thanks Pandabomb for posting these directions.  After bricking my first R103 from Best Buy, and returning it for a new one, I had to try again.  Oh, and I got Slingplayer working after a quick edit of the build.prop file. 

NOTE:  Your device, your risk, assume nothing.  I bricked one and luckily Best Buy exchanged it because I had bought several as Christmas presents, as well as one for myself.  Read the entire thread, most of the below steps are well covered.  Below is just a summary of what worked for me.  Go to the trouble of first flashing with Velocity's firmware update, I did not do this on the first device, I ended up with a white screen and nothing I tried would help. 

My Experience:  My first with Android, but I have extensive experience with Solaris, RedHat, and Windows 

Video of it working: 

Overview 

1.  Format your external SD card (ounce of prevention)
2.  Download the factory firmware update to the SD card
3.  Following the directions on the VM website exactly,  flash your device
4.  Reformat your SD card again, or use a freshly formatted card and download MachoCruz (couple minutes to format, why risk it)
5.  Follow Panda's directions at the beginning of this thread to the letter, have them open while you perform the work, forget about Zwhatever (it doesnt work), use adb, its really easy - read the thread to install.  Also, pay attention to your installation path, the default for Vista x64 would look something like:  ;C:Program Files (x86)Androidandroid-sdk-windowsplatform-tools;C:Program Files (x86)Androidandroid-sdk-windowstools.  I, like many others, allowed it to install to the default location instead of directly to C.
6.  Assuming you have Macho Cruz working, have rooted your device, and over-clocked your processor, Slingplayer wont look so bad in just a few more steps. 
7.  Slingplayer can be downloaded from the android app store, but alternative downloads are available on the web
8.  Install Slingplayer.  NOTE:  it will open and immediately close.
9.  Edit the following line in /system/build.prop on your device by changing the 1 to a 0:  ro.kernel.android.checkjni=1        when done: ro.kernel.android.checkjni=0
9a.  Copy the file via adb:  adb pull /system/build.prop build.prop
9b.  Edit build.prop on your pc via a text editor, I used textpad
9c.  Overwrite the build.prop file on your device with the freshly edited copy:  adb push build.prop /system/ 
9d.  Reboot

Enjoy your mini tablet with Slingplayer

I take no credit:
Thank Panda for the MachoCruz, Rooting, and Overclocking directions
Thank Somebody for mentioning on another forum to delete the edited line for whatever phone they were working on
I guess I can take credit for a 0, na

UPDATE: I have performed this on a second device, below are the step by step procedures I wrote as I configured my second R103 reader.  I allowed my first one to run for over 24 straight hours without an issue.  Enjoy and again, thanks PandaBomb

My Hardware

1.  PC running Windows Vista x64
2.  Velocity Micro Cruz R103 Reader
3.  Slingbox Solo

Assumptions

1.  Android SDK is installed on your PC and is operational (brief instructions are below)
2.  You are working with the Cruz Reader, not the tablet
3.  You understand you could brick your device and that I assume absolutely no liability for the below procedures.  They worked for me on 2 R103s purchased from Best Buy.  The below was written as I performed the procedures on the 2nd device.  However, SDK setup was from memory, no guarantees.
4.  The power cord is attached during the process

Flashing the ROM

1.  Format your SD card.  In Windows, Start > Computer, right click on your SD card reader and click format. Use a FAT32 file sytem.  No quick format, erase everything on the card (precautionary format).
2.  Download the factory ROM for the R103 from Velocity's support site onto your SD card:  http://cruzsupport.v...p?deptID=5758.  Failure to install the factory ROM first may cause your device to hang on a white screen during boot following the install of MachoCruz.
3.  With your reader powered on, install the card in the reader and allow it to recognize the card. 
4.  Power the unit off.
5.  Press and hold down the up volume button.  While holding down the up volume button, press and hold down the power button.  Continue to press both buttons until both the Android guy and the progress bar show up and the progress bar begins to move.  Release both buttons and wait.
6.  When the flash is complete, the device will reboot.  It will take a few minutes.
7.  Once rebooted, remove the SD card.
8.  Reformat your SD card as done in step 1.
9.  Download the MachoCruz ROM to the SD card.  http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SMSBSAUI
10.  If planning on installing Slingplayer, this is a convenient place to edit the build.prop before you install it.
11.  With your reader powered on, install the card in the reader and allow it to recognize the card. 
12.  Power the unit off.
13.  Press and hold down the up volume button.  While holding down the up volume button, press and hold down the power button.  Continue to press both buttons until both the Android guy and the progress bar show up and the progress bar begins to move.  Release both buttons and wait.
14.  When the flash is complete, the device will reboot.
15.  Select Setup Wizard, allow it to finish booting.
15.  Remove the SD card.
16.  Reformat your SD card as done in step 1 if you wish to transfer apps with it.
17.  Calibrate your screen.

Rooting the Cruz and Editing the build.prop File

1.  Confirm your environment is correctly set on your PC.  Right click on Computer, select Properties.  Click Advanced System Settings.  In the Advanced Settings Tab, click Environmental Variables, scroll down to Path and make sure something like ;C:Program Files (x86)Androidandroid-sdk-windowsplatform-tools;C:Program Files (x86)Androidandroid-sdk-windowstools is present at the end.  NOTE:  substitute C:Program Files (x86)Android with your installation path.
2.  Open the Android SDK software on the PC.
3.  Connect the USB cable to the reader.
4.  Open a Windows Command window:  Start > Run; type cmd, hit Enter.
5.  In the Command window; type cd / and hit Enter.
6.  Type:  cd "Program Files (x86)Androidandoid-sdk-windowstools" (substitute your install path of android-sdk-windowstools) hit Enter.
7.  Type:  adb shell and hit Enter.  You should now see a # sign
8.  Type:  mount -o rw,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system and hit Enter.
9.  Type:  cat /system/bin/sh > /system/bin/su and hit Enter.
10.  Type:  chmod 4755 /system/bin/su and hit Enter.
11.  Type:  sync and hit Enter.
12.  Type:  reboot and hit Enter.  Unplug the USB cable.
13.  Once the device reboots, it will be rooted.
14.  To make the Slingplayer work, the build.prop file must now be edited. Reconnect the USB cable.  Note: if the device is not recognized, disconnect, close/reopen SDK and reconnect the usb cable.
15.  In the Command window; type cd / and hit Enter.
16.  Type:  cd "Program Files (x86)Androidandroid-sdk-windowstools" (substitute your install path of android-sdk-windowstools) hit Enter.
17.  Type:  mount -o rw,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system and hit Enter.
18.  Type exit hit Enter.
18.  Type:  adb pull /system/build.prop build.prop (the file should copy over - 1499 bytes)
19.  Using a text editor, such as Textpad, edit the copied build.prop file, which should be in the android-sdk-windows directory. Edit the line ro.kernel.android.checkjni=1 by changing the 1 to a 0.  The line should read ro.kernel.android.checkjni=0 when done.  Save the edited file in its current location and do not change the name.
20.  Type:  adb push build.prop /system and hit Enter.  (the file should copy over - 1499 bytes)
21.  Type:  adb shell and hit Enter.
22.  Type:  cat /system/build.prop (confirm the edited line is as expected with a 0 at the end)
23.  Type:  reboot and hit Enter.

Overclocking the CPU

1.  Download SetCPU to an SD card:  http://www.megaupload.com/?d=F5PK19P4
2.  Install the application to the reader from the SD card.
3.  Once installed, open the app.
4.  Select:  Samsung Moment (ARM).
5.  Follow the onscreen prompts.
6.  Select Scaling for performance for max results.

Installing Slingplayer

1.  Download Slingplayer to an SD card:  http://www.megaupload.com/?d=P4G6K8F5
2.  Install the application to the reader from the SD card.
3.  Open the application.
4.  Accept agreement.
5.  Log into your Sling acct.

What is needed for Android SDK

1.  Download and Install Java SE SDK (32bit version) - http://www.oracle.co...ds/index.html.  Note: even if you are running a 64bit OS, you will need the 32bit version for SDK.
2.  Download and Install Android SDK - http://developer.and.../sdk/index.html
3.  Download and Install Cruz ADB Drivers - http://cruzsupport.v...uestionID=858.  Note: Velocity does a good job of walking you through the installation.
4.  Set Environment Variable:  Right click on Computer, select Properties.  Click Advanced System Settings.  In the Advanced Settings Tab, click Environmental Variables at the bottom, scroll down to Path and add ;C:Program Files (x86)Androidandroid-sdk-windowsplatform-tools;C:Program Files (x86)Androidandroid-sdk-windowstools is present at the end of the current string.  NOTE:  substitute C:Program Files (x86)Android with your installation path.  I'm running Vista x64 and allowed the app to install in the default location.

i HAVE BEEN AT THIS FOR HOURS FIGUREING IT OUT I DOT NO WHERE I AM TO EDIT BUILD.PROP FROM ITS IN THE MACHO ROM I HAVE ON SD CARD AND THATS THE ONLY ONE AND WHEN I TRY TO EDIT ON DEVICE IT WILL CHANGE BACK TO 1 INSTEAD OF 0 ON THE KERNAL I HAVE TO EDIT AND IM USING WINDOWS XP I HAVE MINE ROOTED AND ERYTHING IS WORKIN FINE BUT I CANT SEEM TO THIS
IF U CAN HELP ME OUT ID APPRECIATE IT

#264 tech_guy_auto_mechanic

tech_guy_auto_mechanic

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 01:36 AM

i HAVE BEEN AT THIS FOR HOURS FIGUREING IT OUT I DOT NO WHERE I AM TO EDIT BUILD.PROP FROM ITS IN THE MACHO ROM I HAVE ON SD CARD AND THATS THE ONLY ONE AND WHEN I TRY TO EDIT ON DEVICE IT WILL CHANGE BACK TO 1 INSTEAD OF 0 ON THE KERNAL I HAVE TO EDIT AND IM USING WINDOWS XP I HAVE MINE ROOTED AND ERYTHING IS WORKIN FINE BUT I CANT SEEM TO THIS
IF U CAN HELP ME OUT ID APPRECIATE IT

Assuming your device is already flashed, rooted with adb, and adb is currently working on your PC:

If you mount the file system with adb and pull a copy of build.prop from your device, you will probably find the copy at C:Program Files (x86)Androidandroid-sdk-windowsbuild.prop or C:Program FilesAndroidandroid-sdk-windowsbuild.prop with a 32bit Windows OS.  Otherwise, use the Windows file search function to locate it on your PC, the time stamp on the file should help you identify the copy you pulled over.  Once found you can then edit that copy with textpad or notepad and push it back via adb. 

NOTES:
If you are trying to edit the build.prop file in the ROM before flashing, it will not work. 
If you rooted with z4, you may not be able to edit the file.
Windows Explorer settings may prevent you from seeing the .prop file extension or in my case w/ Vista, I had to click 'Compatibility Files' in Windows Explorer to see the file. 

Hope it helps

1.  Confirm your environment is correctly set on your PC.  Right click on Computer, select Properties.  Click Advanced System Settings.  In the Advanced Settings Tab, click Environmental Variables, scroll down to Path and make sure something like ;C:Program Files (x86)Androidandroid-sdk-windowsplatform-tools;C:Program Files (x86)Androidandroid-sdk-windowstools is present at the end.  NOTE:  substitute C:Program Files (x86)Android with your installation path.  For 32bit Windows (maybe?):  ;C:Program FilesAndroidandroid-sdk-windowsplatform-tools;C:Program FilesAndroidandroid-sdk-windowstools
2.  Open the Android SDK software on the PC.
3.  Connect the USB cable to the reader.
4.  Open a Windows Command window:  Start > Run; type cmd, hit Enter.
5.  In the Command window; type cd / and hit Enter.
6.  Type:  cd "Program Files (x86)Androidandroid-sdk-windowstools" (substitute your install path of android-sdk-windowstools) hit Enter.
7.  Type:  mount -o rw,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system and hit Enter.
8.  Type exit hit Enter.
9.  Type:  adb pull /system/build.prop build.prop (the file should copy over - 1499 bytes)
10.  Using a text editor, such as Textpad, edit the copied build.prop file, which should be in the android-sdk-windows directory. Edit the line ro.kernel.android.checkjni=1 by changing the 1 to a 0.  The line should read ro.kernel.android.checkjni=0 when done.  Save the edited file in its current location and do not change the name.
11.  Type:  adb push build.prop /system and hit Enter.  (the file should copy over - 1499 bytes)
12.  Type:  adb shell and hit Enter.
13.  Type:  cat /system/build.prop (confirm the edited line is as expected with a 0 at the end)

#265 ProperNoun

ProperNoun

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 11:05 PM

Hey, guys. After buying two BPDNs last week (which I am 75% happy with, btw), I'm thinking of returning them in exchange for two Readers when my local Best Buy gets a shipment in this Wednesday. The /only/ thing I'm unhappy with on the BPDNs is that it's based on Android 1.5 and the /only/ app I feel is missing is the port of MPlayer which only works in 1.6+.

...so, what I would like to do is ask you kind folks to try the MPlayer app on your Cruz Readers for me. Please? If "typical" videos play well on this hardware (w/ or w/o SetCPU), I'll be at the door when they open Wed. morning, if not... I may stroll in around noonish.

I haven't read the rules on linking to other, 'competing' sites so just google "[APP] MPlayer for Android" and you'll see it. Thanks.

#266 Howie372

Howie372

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 23 January 2011 - 11:23 PM

Hey, guys. After buying two BPDNs last week (which I am 75% happy with, btw), I'm thinking of returning them in exchange for two Readers when my local Best Buy gets a shipment in this Wednesday. The /only/ thing I'm unhappy with on the BPDNs is that it's based on Android 1.5 and the /only/ app I feel is missing is the port of MPlayer which only works in 1.6+.

...so, what I would like to do is ask you kind folks to try the MPlayer app on your Cruz Readers for me. Please? If "typical" videos play well on this hardware (w/ or w/o SetCPU), I'll be at the door when they open Wed. morning, if not... I may stroll in around noonish.

I haven't read the rules on linking to other, 'competing' sites so just google "[APP] MPlayer for Android" and you'll see it. Thanks.

I'm using the Mplayer ( mVideoPlayer ) on JGM's 3.1 800mhz rom on my R103 v3  and it works.  As for video quality, quality is good but lags every once in a while.  Nothing really noticable.  One side note. Occasionally when mplayer is launched ( directly or indirectly from lets say Dolphin Browser ) the video is all out of wack ( color bars ).  Then you have to press back and select video again for video to dsiplay correctly.  If you are really having a bad day, this has to be done twice.  Could also be that I'm using widgets and such that use up some of the systems ram.  This also happens with built in video player.  I think this is due to Velocity Micro using a software renderer instead of inabling hardware rendering in rom.  But playback is better in mPlayer than stock player.  Of course it also depends on the format you're using for your video.  I use 'handbrake' and 'I-phone, I-pod touch' preset for converting my videos for use on this and my I-Pod touch.  Hope this helps and  answers your question.  As with the Cruz Readers, experiences vary from device to device, even in the same family

#267 ProperNoun

ProperNoun

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 01:08 AM

Hey, guys. [...] I haven't read the rules on linking to other, 'competing' sites so just google "[APP] MPlayer for Android" and you'll see it. Thanks.

I'm using the Mplayer ( mVideoPlayer ) on JGM's 3.1 800mhz rom on my R103 v3  and it works.  As for video quality, quality is good but lags every once in a while.  Nothing really noticable.  One side note. Occasionally when mplayer is launched ( directly or indirectly from lets say Dolphin Browser ) the video is all out of wack ( color bars ).  Then you have to press back and select video again for video to dsiplay correctly.  If you are really having a bad day, this has to be done twice.  Could also be that I'm using widgets and such that use up some of the systems ram.  This also happens with built in video player.  I think this is due to Velocity Micro using a software renderer instead of inabling hardware rendering in rom.  But playback is better in mPlayer than stock player.  Of course it also depends on the format you're using for your video.  I use 'handbrake' and 'I-phone, I-pod touch' preset for converting my videos for use on this and my I-Pod touch.  Hope this helps and  answers your question.  As with the Cruz Readers, experiences vary from device to device, even in the same family

Rather than mVideoPlayer, I was thinking of this app which claims to wrap the actual MPlayer media player as found on Linux, Windows, etc. I think mVideoPlayer relies on the device's decoding capabilities while MPlayer brings with it support for... well, just about everything.

I guess app compatibility is a topic for another thread though.

#268 Howie372

Howie372

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 25 January 2011 - 01:44 AM

Ok, I see what you're saying now.  The mVideoPlayer was from android market.  The apk is mPlayer and thought that was what you were talking about.  Searched and saw what you mean.  The mplayer you're talking about is the linux port over at xda.  You are correct, mVideoPlayer relies on in-built codec support.  Downloading now and will post back.  Didn't know about this.  Thanks for the point in right direction.  Going to [applaud] you for this.

Update:  Tried it ProperNoun and it has issues with my R103 loading files.  Going to guess it has more to do with the software renderer on these as opposed to the port itself.  Also has a 25mb footprint.  Really large for what it is.  Going to wait till VLC releases an android VLC Player I think.  According to other posts else where, it's due out soon ( at least the beta ).

#269 coloradobill

coloradobill

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 11:37 AM

Hi Guy's. This is my first post on the Forum. I want to thank PandaBomb for the great tutorial on Rooting the E-Reader. I am having a problem with the installation that I hope someone can help me with. I have the R103 model, version 2.0 with Win 7 64 bit OS.
The first thing I did was to flash the reader with the latest VM firmware (ver 091257) after that I replaced the internal micro card with a 16gb card and copied the original card data to the new card. I also added an external 16gb card. All seemed to work as expected (stock apps accessible, tethered ok with pc access to both SD cards). I wanted to Root the reader and followed PandaBomb's Instructions to first update the ROM with Macho Cruz, I than downloaded and installed Java SE SDK and the
Android SDK as per instructions. All of these seem to install fine. The problem I have is with the ADB drivers. I downloaded the Android ADB driver and extracted the files to the desktop. When I bring up the SDK manager and tether the reader to the PC,  the windows device manager does not identify the "S3C6410 ANDROID ADB". There is no "other device" added under the device manager. I have access to both the e-readers internal sd drive as well as the external sd drive.

Sure would appreciate any thoughts as how to correct.

#270 j4kn1f3

j4kn1f3

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 06:01 PM

ok, so i did everything, and it's all working great...but i have a question.
I used the 533mHz root, and then installed SetCPU and while I set max to 800, it never seems to go to 800.  Do i need to reflash the rom with the 800mHz-capable version?

#271 sdnative

sdnative

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 01:03 AM

I used the 533mHz root, and then installed SetCPU and while I set max to 800, it never seems to go to 800.  Do i need to reflash the rom with the 800mHz-capable version?

Did you use the Macho ROM by Panda or the one by JGM?  The 533 JGM ROM is capped.

#272 j4kn1f3

j4kn1f3

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 07:20 PM

Did you use the Macho ROM by Panda or the one by JGM?  The 533 JGM ROM is capped.

Thank you for responding...
I actually tried the Macho Rom, but it hung for an hour on a black screen, and ended up using (I think) the JGM that was capped; when i tried the 800mhz version it locked up when i tried booting from it.
i'm finding my movies are stuttering now - should i set "SetCPU" to performance mode for this?

#273 sailbeachcatz177

sailbeachcatz177

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 08:58 AM

After trying to root my device for two days I am stuck. Here are my issues and any help would be appreciated.

1. Computer 1 does not see reader in OTHER in the device manger but as a drive. Running W7 Home Premium 32 bit
2. Computer 2 see's the device in the manger and I can uninstall it but when I follow VM's directions to install the ADB drivers I do not get the Add new hardware wizard to be able to browse to the
new file, it runs automatically and reinstalls the one I just deleted. Running W7 Ult 64bit

Computer 3 running XP blue screens after I uninstall and go to install new ABD driver

Any suggestions for how to install the ABD driver differently from VM's directions so I can move forward? I am not inexperienced with computers but this has me feeling like I am.

#274 asprtech

asprtech

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 12:03 AM

Boy I need help.

I have read all of the posts here, but for some reason when I try to root my device it locks up. I have flashed and re-flashed from the velocity site. I am sure I am missing something.  Is there something else that can be done?

#275 zetagirl

zetagirl

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 12:41 AM

Thank you Panda.  I'm a total newbie (never tried any hack or mod before).  I bought the Cruz Velocity R101 and was able to root the device using adb and overclock using your directions with only a couple of modifications.  I had to install the android sdk to C:Program Files (x86)Androidandroid-sdk-windows...  The adb file for the adb shell command is now found under C:Program Files (x86)Androidandroid-sdk-windowsplatform-tools.  Unlike others in the forum I was able to run the 64-bit versions for java without problems.  No problems with wi-fi or the Border's ebook app. Everything went smoothly. My only question is can someone explain how to get the apps to install on the SD card rather than the internal memory?

Thanks in advance for any and all assistance.

#276 zetagirl

zetagirl

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 01:51 PM

I asked for help on getting the apps to install on SD rather than the internal memory, but I was able to find instructions for doing so using Link2SD and Ubuntu to create an ext2 partition on the internal 4GB SD card.  So it's all good.  ;)

#277 wayne9867

wayne9867

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 10:38 PM

Newbie here but have strong computer background if that helps.  Updated firmware on Cruz Reader 103.  Installed roted it and install CPU set.  Was working great for a couple of hours.  Then started to get real unstable.  Application stopped running (skyfire,email and others)  Then started getting messages that andriod os itself was not running and asked to force start.  I then flashed firm ware back to the the new on on Cruz Reader Site and it is working fine again.  However any idea why I the over clocking made it so unstable.  Left scaling to (conservative) and didn't set CPU to max was at 500 or so.  Works fine now but liked the faster performance when overclocked.

Thanks for th help

#278 gjbnh

gjbnh

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 12:55 PM

[quote author=wayne9867 link=topic=12820.msg136271#msg136271 date=1297654712]
Newbie here but have strong computer background if that helps.  Updated firmware on Cruz Reader 103.  Installed roted it and install CPU set.  Was working great for a couple of hours.  Then started to get real unstable.  Application stopped running (skyfire,email and others)  Then started getting messages that andriod os itself was not running and asked to force start.  I then flashed firm ware back to the the new on on Cruz Reader Site and it is working fine again.  However any idea why I the over clocking made it so unstable.  Left scaling to (conservative) and didn't set CPU to max was at 500 or so.  Works fine now but liked the faster performance when overclocked.

Thanks for th help
[/quote

The overclock bootloader is unstable becasue it was taken from a Pandigital Novel Ereader and simply added to our firmware. It was never design for it, and it does work.....sometimes, depending on the actual hardware used in the Cruz.. It some it does all sorts of things...freezes, boot loops, etc. At this time the only way to know if it will work reliably and stably on your Cruz is to try it.

#279 wayne9867

wayne9867

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 10:44 PM

[quote author=gjbnh link=topic=12820.msg136487#msg136487 date=1297706141]
[quote author=wayne9867 link=topic=12820.msg136271#msg136271 date=1297654712]

Thanks for th help
[/quote

The overclock bootloader is unstable becasue it was taken from a Pandigital Novel Ereader and simply added to our firmware. It was never design for it, and it does work.....sometimes, depending on the actual hardware used in the Cruz.. It some it does all sorts of things...freezes, boot loops, etc. At this time the only way to know if it will work reliably and stably on your Cruz is to try it.
[/quote]

Thanks for the info.  I flashed  again and used the Macho ROM and that works great.  Next project is to partition a flash drive for the internal and see if I can get apps to run from that.  I see that with out dping this cant install to many apps.

#280 OldNoob

OldNoob

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 06:33 AM

Will this mod work in the R101?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users