• Please log in to reply
229 replies to this topic

#221 Djorgio

Djorgio

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 06:11 PM

Silver

landrecamelo did you find a solution, im in the same boat, i have the same unit as you have pictured but no ROMs are working, i currently have a semi bricked unit, well its useless but will still flash from SD.I have a working one aswell but have no idea how to extract the firmware, if i find figure it out i will post back..

#222 charin2520

charin2520

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 06:31 AM

looks like mine, i will try and update soon.

#223 charin2520

charin2520

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 07:07 AM

I'm tried this ROM, but during copy system file ,it exit and hang.

#224 fox2705

fox2705

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 08:16 PM

Saludos, tengo una tablet eken M001 al intentar actualizar con el software 2.0, todo iba bien y en el momento que me pide que retire la memory card, intento encenderla pero la pantalla no lo hace simplemente da un pequeño destello y así se queda, que puedo hacer, de antemano muchas gracias.

#225 mickvav

mickvav

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 04:19 AM

Well, it looks like I have the same device (I've disassembled it and found WMS8088B motherboard + WMS8060B2 processor board with WM8505+ 1012CDprocessor).The firmware, posted in the head of this topic DOES NOT work for me. The complete story is: I've installed slatedroid for M002, and it didn't work with WiFi and touchscreen - after trying different roms, I've disassembled the device to find out it's internals. With this rom - I install an SD with script folder (from script.rar or from SlateDroid1.2_EPad_WIP.zip - same effect), turn the device on, and it hangs on "how do you slate? slatedroid.com" screen.Some more hardware specs: GL850G USB-2.0 (?) controller, RALINK 12070 (?) L WiFi, EK070TN92 monitor. External view is exactly the same as hown above, but it looks like some chinese "engineeres" know use to change their boxing with no precaution (my device has "Flytouch" record on it's back, covered by a sticker sayng "7 inch MID").If someone have the same device, may be you can post any working rom for it?

#226 tinyang

tinyang

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 11:08 AM

I have the Apad eP07 tablet, it looks the same at the one pictured above, is that true? 
Is it the one also referred to as the Flytouch (it runs Android 1.6 with a silver hardware home button)? 
I'm having difficulty even finding an app that can root it none the less a correct rom that upgrades it to 2.1 with the Market. 
Would this rom work? 
Is there an app that can root this device?
There is a download for a rom upgrade at the MFG website, would that work on this tablet (see link below)?
http://www.apad.tv/apadforum/
Is it possible to use the process at the below link that lets one back up the factory rom image before trying new roms?
http://www.taranfx.c...ade-android-2-1
Any advice that can help me make headway is much appreciated!  TIA

#227 mickvav

mickvav

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 10:10 AM

Well, first thing you have to do - find a way to backup your existing ROM - I've found it quite difficult to find original ROM. I've also found that eken-targeted debian installation instructions are usefull for hacking the device. BUT YOU HAVE TO BACKUP BEFORE!!!
NB: don't use dd for backing up all /dev/mtdblock*  - I've crashed original image with this, don't know why :)

#228 tinyang

tinyang

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 07:05 PM

Hi mickvav, thx for your reply!  :P

I found this procedure for backing up:
http://www.taranfx.c...ade-android-2-1

But need to root my device in order for it to work.  Can't find an app to root it, any suggestions?

#229 mickvav

mickvav

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 10:29 AM

Well, if you don't want to exploit running kernel (such procedures may or may not work, and these tools are hackish somewhat, you know),
the only way to root is to use boot sequence of the device - you need not an .apk but an image of SD card, solving your problem.

Eg, if you use Debian-on-ARM rom, you can root your device just copying some files (well, I'm not sure what exact files you need, I suppose /bin/su is enough)

#230 sulman

sulman

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 05:29 AM

i need rom of wms8088b