[ROM] SlateDroid for the WMS8088b aka EPad / iPed (fake APad) / Gome Flytouch

• Please log in to reply
229 replies to this topic

#1 cybertim

cybertim

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 02:53 AM

Hello,Since i bricked my 'fake' APad bought from http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270577453841&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT that looks like this:Posted Imagei used this firmware provided by dirtymindedx:*Original EPad firmwareto restore my epad. (I thought it was a M001 in cheepsclothes but it isn't completely).So, since this firmware did work, and the m001 almost (touchscreen, buttons, wifi, battery indicator etc.. didn't work) i combined them with the SlateDroid by Willo and changed some stuff around to make it compatible.Slatedroid1.2_1.7.2basefinal with changed drivers and settings to work on the EPad.It is almost 100% working:Working:- touchscreen- battery indicator- hardware menu and power button- wifi, vibrationNot working:- hardware home button and the hardware volume buttons (but you can use the shortcuts in the taskbar in top)It's a work in progress, i'm trying to get all the buttons to work then it will be 100% complete.If you would like to give the WIP a try (it greatly improves the speed/responsiveness of the EPad).You can download it here:*SlateDroid1.2_EPad_WIP on Megauploadinstructions*UNZIP the contents to an SD Card*Poweroff the device*Insert SD Card*Power on device and wait (for around 5 minutes)*Remove SD Card when asked* Wait for the reboot to complete (first start will take a bit longer then normal)No need to recalibrate

#2 dirtymindedx

dirtymindedx

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 07:30 AM

will give this a whirl. I was waiting for something like this to come up. Hope you continue to figure the buttons out. Hopefully admin here at slatedroid will put epad on the list of downloads and recognize it soon.

#3 dirtymindedx

dirtymindedx

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 08:01 AM

Gave it a whirl nice and pretty stable with the just the issue of the home hardware button. The only thing missing is the android market i wish someone fixes this soon.FYI. the hardware home button works when you turn on the epad if you goto screens 1, 3, 4, and 5 when you go to any of those screens and hit the button the menu on the bottom of the sreen appears if you goto screen two after having it on you press it once and it will load the menu but if you try a second time it crashes may be a bug in the amount of screens open?

#4 cybertim

cybertim

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 09:59 AM

Yes i noticed the strange behaviour also of the home button - i was still trying to figure out how you can configure the hardware buttons but i bricked my epad already.I tried the ecotox rom with some modifications so it would work on the epad (and maybe the hardware buttons also), flashing went fine, but after the reboot my screen stays black etc.. nothing works anymore - it can only go on and off.So i fear that i have bricked my epad already. It doesn't react to the SD-card anymore :(I'm going to let the battery drain completely overnight and give it one more try after.. note: the rom's posted here are completely safe, i have flashed those over and over again without any issue.

#5 tdgarza

tdgarza

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 11:49 AM

doesn't work on my m70003, stuck at the "now copying system files, pleas wait......."

#6 tdgarza

tdgarza

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 01:02 PM

i deleted the files outside the script folder and now it got stuck at "dump being carried out, this may take a few mins"

#7 tdgarza

tdgarza

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 03:01 PM

wich files do you modifide to make it work on your pad?

#8 cybertim

cybertim

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 09:26 AM

You need to modify the scriptcmd.Compare the scriptcmd from a firmware that DOES work with the 'setenv' items of a firmware that is a bit compatible. You will notice that some parameters like wifi, amp, vibrate and touchui are different.You have to generate a new scriptcmd after you changed the var's (google for instructions)I did also change some stuff inside the root_fs to get the keys working - but that didn't work and now my epad is dead so i can't continue my work :)

#9 dirtymindedx

dirtymindedx

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 09:38 AM

Wow that sux. hmm I had a problem a while ago that had me the same way. does it still charge? If the device is off go ahead and format the sd card to fat32 place the original firmware on the card since it flashes nand etc. Plug in the charger and try turning on the device and wait, with a little hope it will read the card and begin the process.

#10 alighouston

alighouston

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 03:07 PM

well the problem is that you are trying to upgrade from one moded firmware to another install the basic 1.6 that was default then try installing this one as thats the same problem with willo's firmware hope that helps

#11 sharmd

sharmd

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 01:49 AM

Hye all , I believed I had the same unit as cybertim had .My question will be is it possible to flash to work with market ? can i used the latest slatedroid firmware ?and how do i do it in step by step...thanks for all your assistance .cheers

#12 sharmd

sharmd

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 07:12 AM

hye all , just confirm my devices is as above title . what the different this with the M003 model ?

#13 cybertim

cybertim

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 03:26 PM

I don't think it will ever do something again, the EPad only turns on (the led goes green and it will vibrate once) there is no more activity.If you push the power button again it will instantly turn off (green led goes dead).I placed a lot of stuff on the sd card, but on the screen, nothing ever happens...

#14 uli

uli

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 04:03 PM

[quote name='cybertim;10843]I don't think it will ever do something again' date=' the EPad only turns on (the led goes green and it will vibrate once) there is no more activity.If you push the power button again it will instantly turn off (green led goes dead).I placed a lot of stuff on the sd card, but on the screen, nothing ever happens...[/QUOTE'] Same here: Tried my hands on porting your changes to SD1.3, now my pad is dead, too; same symptoms. :rolleyes:

#15 wnyzfinest

wnyzfinest

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 03:50 PM

so i installed the slateroid over the default rom, touch screen didn't work,, now i cant flash roms anymore,, i extract the files to the root of the sd card, and the device won't recognize when i start up..any ideas?ive used the factory file and the mixed factory w/ slateroid file and the device doesn't detect.even the original slateroid file i download and used to flash over, it won't recognize..

#16 jsidi1

jsidi1

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 07:08 PM

Cybertim, this works perfectly, thank you so much. By the way, do you have any idea of how to install the market with that version ? Do you intend to release a customized rom using the latest slatedroid firmware 1.3 ?

#17 luanaaguilera

luanaaguilera

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 04:22 AM

hey friendi need helpi did the dowload of this files.i put in sd card and nothing. Dont work my touchscrennI put the files of this 2 download together. Whats happen ? what i need to do? Thanks

#18 luanaaguilera

luanaaguilera

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 04:28 AM

hello friendwhere is the files that i need modificate ?sorry but i dont understand very well

#19 crzune

crzune

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 07:05 AM

this the panda pad i bought from a website...

#20 cybertim

cybertim

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 02:25 AM

@luanaaguileraThe file that was changed in the Slatedroid Package is the scriptcmd. It contains the information about the drivers.This model is almost the same as the m001, except for the button-layout and the touchscreen driver.Further more the WIFI, Vibration and Batterylevels have different hardware addresses.To find out the correct addresses and drivers you need the original firmware package for your device, and look in the scriptcmd of that package. (All the settings start with setenv..)but be warned A lot of people have bricked there device by doing this with other firmwares except the 'slatedroid by willo'.Including myself, i tried to convert the ecotox rom and it bricked my wms8088b.