• Please log in to reply
274 replies to this topic

#241 flushback666

flushback666

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 08:19 AM

any "rom" works in a rockchip 2818? Onetab Froyo works in a orange tb-002? follow the link

http://www.slatedroi...ab-custom-roms/

hey, does it really work? because onetab has 512mb ram, i dont know what orange tb-002 got.
if not, i have to post a warning that this rom wont work on other rk2818 tablets cause of the ram issue.
hast to be modified before you can flash it then.

bye flush
Sony Ericsson X10 Mini Pro: CyanogenMod6-v3.5
Debitel (4g-Systems) OneTab: Lionhearts Wopad Froyo 0.6.1

#242 mmm286

mmm286

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 03:10 AM

Hi!!
I'm newbie. I've bought an Arnova 7. This model it seems that it has a Rockchip 2818. Someone have these model? someone has tryed some custom ROM?.

Many thanks and sorry for my english

#243 chipi92

chipi92

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 04:57 AM

Hi everyone!

I have already read most of messages posted here.
I have a tablet called I-Joy Spirit 7 made in China of course. WITH ROCKCHIP 2818
It has a trackpad with 3 buttons below at the right side.

I HAVE OFFICIAL FIRMWARE ANDROID FROYO 2.2.1 AND HAVE OFFICIAL TOOL FROM THE SELLER FOR FLASHING NEW FIRMWARES.

Kernel version 2.6.25 root@jinghu-desktop #324

I think, with the official firmware froyo and the tool for flashing i can modify my tablet to run custom rom in order to make it rootable cause the app for the market isnt fair and other porpouses.

So here goes the questions:

Can I make my tablet full rootable?
Can install custom rom?
Is there any form for installing gingerbread in the tablet?
Are my tools and my information relevant for who are trying to develop a custom rom for rk2818?

Thanks in advance to all the comunity and developers who are doing the best for make our lives more enjoyable ;)

#244 jrautomotive67

jrautomotive67

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 07:33 PM

I ordered a TR718D from lightinthebox.com back around Christmas. Everything worked fine, albeit a little slow, until just a few minutes ago, when every time I try to conduct a google search or open an internet browser, everything force closes. I would like to root it, so I can upgrade it to 2.2. I powered it off, and powered it back on, and get the following message:
!SORRY The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.
After pressing force close, the same message pops up again, within seconds.

I would appreciate someones help, please! Thank you in advance for your time! :)

#245 flip3547

flip3547

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 08:21 PM

I ordered a TR718D from lightinthebox.com back around Christmas. Everything worked fine, albeit a little slow, until just a few minutes ago, when every time I try to conduct a google search or open an internet browser, everything force closes. I would like to root it, so I can upgrade it to 2.2. I powered it off, and powered it back on, and get the following message:
!SORRY The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.
After pressing force close, the same message pops up again, within seconds.

I would appreciate someones help, please! Thank you in advance for your time! :)

Hey, I haven't been on this forum for quite awhile so I'm not sure how evolved things have gotten but if you check out this thread, it might be of some use:http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/12854-how-to-flash-a-rooted-rom/
I flashed a couple of the roms from these threads and flashing is easy. From what I can tell, you can't exactly root the tablet, but you can flash a rom with root. I have a Wopad from merrimobiles. It is also a TR718D. Not sure what you have. Hope that helps. Good luck!
Wopad WR701/TR718D
M7001
RK2818
Android 2.1
Temp Root

#246 Gunnerz

Gunnerz

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 01:57 AM

Hope its ok to Post here.

Just got a new Irobot Apad and....It wont switch on,

My mate got it from Hong Kong, charged it... and pressed the power button, all i see is the logo, below that says : Android OS 2.2 Nothing happens after that... press menu button nothing happens..

Please help

#247 Loey

Loey

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 11:12 AM

I've just bought a Tablet with the same Chip. I haven't gone over all the previous posts yet, but kudos for this great thread! I'm looking forward to learning a lot.

#248 Harvey

Harvey

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 05:37 PM

Hi guys,

I have a TR718d and its on 2.1, got it from lightinthebox, and its a rockchip 2818, I'm new to this, so can I update the version to a later one, any assistance and help would be greatly appreciated.
thanks
Dave

#249 master3d

master3d

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 01:19 PM

my tablet always restart by it self... and sometimes force close and hang... somebody can help me to reboot back or reinstall back the driver of tablet or else.....

#250 MID1

MID1

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 12:08 AM

I bought a RK2818 from china-mammon.com , the shap is special and function is good based on 2818; while, now I really want a capacitive model, and I noticed some new models looks very good, still special shap and latest spec, for 7" and 5", now donot know which one to buy, 7" and 5" both are good.

#251 cady62

cady62

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 11:48 PM

very thanks

#252 rodrigosnk

rodrigosnk

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 11:38 AM

I have an orange tablet TB001 with the following configuration, I update the ROM using the manufacturer's website and the tablet will not turn over, I found many ROM who called it put the touch screen does not work. Could you help me?

Features built: 0.3 Megapixel webcam
Interface: USB
Internal Memory: Up to 4GB expansion to 16 GB
Weight: 430 g
Dimensions: 198x16.5x12.5mm
Display: 7.0 TFT Widescreen LCD touchscreen
Processor: 600 MHz Rockchip RK2818
Operating System: Android
Battery: Internal 1620 mAh Polymer
built-in microphone
Speaker: Built-in
Features: Audio, video player, calculator, alarm clock, calendar, records audio and video, Google map, Album, Skype, games, Facebook, Twiter, MSN, Google Browser, GMAIL ™, Youtube
HD: 4GB
Language: Multiliguagem
Resolution: 800 x 480
Up to 16GB Micro SD Memory
Connectors: USB 2.0.
Micro SD Card Reader
Headphone audio output 01
3G Network: Global, EVDO, CDMA, GSM, WDCA: Attention 3G works only alive, need external modem.
WiFi Wireless

#253 perichel

perichel

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 31 October 2011 - 05:41 AM

I have an orange tablet TB001 with the following configuration, I update the ROM using the manufacturer's website and the tablet will not turn over, I found many ROM who called it put the touch screen does not work. Could you help me?

Features built: 0.3 Megapixel webcam
Interface: USB
Internal Memory: Up to 4GB expansion to 16 GB
Weight: 430 g
Dimensions: 198x16.5x12.5mm
Display: 7.0 TFT Widescreen LCD touchscreen
Processor: 600 MHz Rockchip RK2818
Operating System: Android
Battery: Internal 1620 mAh Polymer
built-in microphone
Speaker: Built-in
Features: Audio, video player, calculator, alarm clock, calendar, records audio and video, Google map, Album, Skype, games, Facebook, Twiter, MSN, Google Browser, GMAIL ™, Youtube
HD: 4GB
Language: Multiliguagem
Resolution: 800 x 480
Up to 16GB Micro SD Memory
Connectors: USB 2.0.
Micro SD Card Reader
Headphone audio output 01
3G Network: Global, EVDO, CDMA, GSM, WDCA: Attention 3G works only alive, need external modem.
WiFi Wireless

Hello, Rodrigosnk,

Test this froyo ligth and rooted ROM published by me, or this original 2.1 rom from OUKU published by Tomass.

There is a lot of information on these topics, I think your tablet may be compatible with OUKU M98A and with I Joy Spirit 7.

I found this link with original update for your tablet: http://www.orangecoo...id=49&Itemid=53

I'm downloaded it and tested... and both img files seems to be OK, the update.img file seens to be same file as TB001 image ( If you use the RK cooking utilityfrom this forum to make a custom rom, remember to remove spaces in filenames...).

If you can change the original USB cable for a better one you can flash your device with security, Other people had trouble with the original cable.

Corepda recovered the tablet with this utility and a better cable. I always flash the tablet with Windows XP with RKBatchupgrade 1.23 as you seen in videos. Make sure the battery of tablet is full charged.

After flashing, the tablet inits the recovery system process and you will see init/format all the partitions for 3 minutes or so, be patient!
After the recovery system ends with a countdown (3, 2, 1..) the tablet will do the initial boot (a bit slower than normal boot), then you must calibrate the screen, and in a while you have the standard Android screen and tablet working.

If after flashing the tablet do not follow this (a bit slow) process, you can press the reset button, and pressing the trackball button, reinsert the USB cable to try one more time to flash.

I had trouble in the past with cables and flashing and recovered the tablet many times.

Please report if you solved the problem in the forum, This will help people.

Edited by perichel, 31 October 2011 - 07:59 AM.

Perichel
Woxter PC97 IPS Allwinner A10 9,7" user. "Because learning is fun"

Woxter PC97 IPS (Allwinner A10 9,7") clon of Momo 11 bird. Digma Rom and AOKP 4.1.2

Old stuff: Original ROMS for I-Joy Spirit 7", RkCooking: fast and dirty RK2818 kitchen utility for windows. Froyo rooted ROM for I-Joy Spirit 7" and compatible tablets, like M98A, standard and lite roms, spanish and english versions. Unofficial CyanogenMod7 (my beta 3) for I-Joy Spirit 7" and compatible tablets, like M98A, just experimental, no HD video...
Help recovering bricked I-Joy Spirit 7" and M98A compatible tablets.

#254 perichel

perichel

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:40 AM

Hello, Rodrigosnk,

Test this froyo ligth and rooted ROM published by me, or this original 2.1 rom from OUKU published by Tomass.

There is a lot of information on these topics, I think your tablet may be compatible with OUKU M98A and with I Joy Spirit 7.

I found this link with original update for your tablet: http://www.orangecoo...id=49&Itemid=53, I'm downloaded it and tested... and both img files seems to be OK, the update.img file seens to be same file as TB001 image ( If you use the RK cooking utility from this forum remember to remove spaces in filenames...).

If you can change the original USB cable for a better one you can flash your device with security, Other people had trouble with the original cable.

Corepda recovered the tablet with this utility and a better cable. I always flash the tablet with Windows XP with RKBatchupgrade 1.23 as you seen in videos. Make sure the battery of tablet is full charged.

After flashing, the tablet inits the recovery system process and you will see init/format all the partitions for 3 minutes or so, be patient!
After the recovery system ends with a countdown (3, 2, 1..) the tablet will do the initial boot (a bit slower than normal boot), then you must calibrate the screen, and in a while you have the standard Android screen and tablet working.

If after flashing the tablet do not follow this (a bit slow) process, you can press the reset button, and pressing the trackball button, reinsert the USB cable to try one more time to flash.

I had trouble in the past with cables and flashing and recovered the tablet many times.

Please report if you solved the problem in the forum, This will help people.

Edited by perichel, 31 October 2011 - 07:58 AM.

Perichel

Woxter PC97 IPS (Allwinner A10 9,7") clon of Momo 11 bird. Digma Rom and AOKP 4.1.2

Old stuff: Original ROMS for I-Joy Spirit 7", RkCooking: fast and dirty RK2818 kitchen utility for windows. Froyo rooted ROM for I-Joy Spirit 7" and compatible tablets, like M98A, standard and lite roms, spanish and english versions. Unofficial CyanogenMod7 (my beta 3) for I-Joy Spirit 7" and compatible tablets, like M98A, just experimental, no HD video...

#255 caiowas

caiowas

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 05:33 AM

hi i have rockchip v 1.2.7 ruiguan is the same then 2818

#256 aminepsp0684

aminepsp0684

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 11:17 AM

hi everybody i have tablet epad ployrer v7 android 2.1 with rk2818 i want a custom firmware link and how to root it step by step because im beginner please!! sorry for my bad english.

#257 _ilja_

_ilja_

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationRUSSIA

Posted 22 November 2011 - 03:20 AM

Hi All!
I'm newbie Android user, but advanced WinMobile | Linux user.

my RK2818 tablet : DESCRIPTION&PHOTO
RK2818+ Build-in 3G+GPS+Call+256/4GB (SCE71)
Specification:
CPU: Rockchips 2818 1.2GHz
RAM: 256MB
Storage: 4GB 
Support TF card extend 16GB max
Display: 7 inch TFT LCD resistive single touch  panel 800*480 
Webcam: Back 300Kpix 640*480 
2G:(GSM850/900/1800/1900MHZ)
3G: built-in 3G(WCDMA 850/1900/2100MHz)
GPS: built-in GPS
Networking: built-in wifi 802.11b/g
Posted Image
Posted Image

cat /proc/version:
Linux version 2.6.25 (shengqian@ubuntu-spreadwin) (gcc version 4.4.0 (GCC) ) #14 Wed Aug 10 13:41:23 CST 2011
spreadwin version 5.0.0-280 (R81P2E_ALL) #with debug infomation.
cat /proc/cpuinfo:
Processor	: ARM926EJ-S rev 5 (v5l)
BogoMIPS	: 311.29
Features	: swp half thumb fastmult edsp java
CPU implementer	: 0x41
CPU architecture: 5TEJ
CPU variant	: 0x0
CPU part	: 0x926
CPU revision	: 5
Cache type	: write-back
Cache clean	: cp15 c7 ops
Cache lockdown	: format C
Cache format	: Harvard
I size		: 16384
I assoc		: 4
I line length	: 32
I sets		: 128
D size		: 16384
D assoc		: 4
D line length	: 32
D sets		: 128

Hardware	: RK28board
Revision	: 0000
Serial		: 0000000000000000

I'm make all image .img file by runing script:
#!/system/bin/sh
cat /proc/version > /sdcard/version.txt
cat /proc/cpuinfo > /sdcard/cpuinfo.txt
cat /proc/mtd > /sdcard/mtd.txt
/data/rkdump /dev/block/mtdblock1 /sdcard/kernel.img
/data/rkdump /dev/block/mtdblock2 /sdcard/boot.img
/data/rkdump /dev/block/mtdblock3 /sdcard/recovery.img
/data/rkdump /dev/block/mtdblock4 /sdcard/system.img
/data/rkdump /dev/block/mtdblock5 /sdcard/update.img

I need remove unneeded pre-installed application.
I can't remove pre-installed application because temporary root access not enough to remove application like this: OnlineVideGuide, DailyRoads Voyager etc...

How i can modify update.img to get rooted & clean & light system ?

WBR _ilja_

#258 perichel

perichel

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 23 November 2011 - 10:18 AM

Hello _ilja_,

You can edit the system and boot partitions in Windows with RKCooking Utility:

I already added these instructions to the topic.

Modify a ROM with RKCooking utility

1.- Copy Update.img or img file to c:\rkcooking\Rombase

2.- Run RKCooking utility and Press: 1 to create a ROM from a modified ROM.

The utility shows all images in folder.
Write the name of image file without .img filename extension

3.- Press in the submenu: 1) Unpack the image previously assigned.

Example:

* Unpacking Image...
Check file... OK
------- UNPACK ------
HWDEF   0x00000800  	0x0000032D
package-file	0x00001000  	0x00000216
RK28xxLoader(L).bin 	0x00001800  	0x00020314
parameter   	0x00022000  	0x00000209
Image/misc.img  0x00022800  	0x0000C000
Image/kernel.img    	0x0002E800  	0x0054759D
Image/boot.img  0x00576000  	0x0002B004
Image/recovery.img  	0x005A1800  	0x0024F004
Image/system.img    	0x007F1000  	0x07667004
SELF	0x00000000  	0x07E59804
Skip SELF file.
update-script   0x07E58800  	0x000004B5
recover-script  0x07E59000  	0x0000010A
Unpack OK!
 * Ready!
 * Press ENTER to continue.

4.- Now you have the following files in c:\rkcooking\temp:
  • HWDEF
  • package-file
  • parameter
  • recover-script
  • RK28xxLoader(L).bin
  • update-script
In folder c:\rkcooking\temp\image you have the partitions:
  • boot.img Boot: parttion with scripts and files to boot
  • kernel.img: The linux kernel
  • misc.img: miscellaneous partition
  • recovery.img: Recovery partition with scripts to recover and flash update.img etc.
  • system.img: The main Android partition, where aplics are...
5.- Press 2 to Change(s) image(s) with NewTuxFlash.exe

Invoke NewTuxFlash and open c:\rkcooking\temp\image\system.img or c:\rkcooking\temp\image\boot.img
The 2 partitions NewTuxFlash can open are system.img or boot.img.
You can remove applicationss in /system/app folder or paste new apps too.
If you press right button on file you can edit file permissions.

To copy standard apps to /system/app, just select in windows explorer and copy it, and paste it (or them) in /system/app.

The filename permissions for standard apps are very important and should be the same it have in /data/app. In My tablet I put:
User: 1000, Group:1000 (it will be trunked to 8 bits and will be 232), User:RW, Group R, Other:R

You can edit script OR text files as buid.prop and save it modified.

6.- When you save a modified partition add "_new" to the end of name, example: system.img save it as system_new.img and boot.img save it as boot_new.img.

7 When you have modified a system or boot partition, YOU MUST SIGN THE IMAGE FILE.

Press 3 to Sign image(s) that have been saved with NewTuxFlash.exe

8.- When you have signed the modified partitions, you can repack the rom file:

Press 4 Pack images in \temp\ folder, and write the filename you want but do not use spaces. don't put .img filename extension.

The rom image file you have cooked is in c:\RkCooking\Cookedrom

9.- Press 5 to Flash the ROM. You can Upload any rom to the tablet with this menu option.

Invokes RK2818BatchUpgrade 1.23. You must select one image file, don't use Boot and don't tick Demo, and press Upgrade.

I ever make a simple test to be sure the rom is OK before to flashing, I move the new packed rom image file from cookedrom to rombase folder,
and rename the c:\rkcooking\temp folder to other name esxample:temp1, and select 7 to go to main menu and then select 1 to unpack rom...
If the rom is unpacked OK, it can be flashed. If you have any error... review the steps...

10.- To root the tablet you must copy the following files in system partition:

SuperUser.apk to system/app and put the following file permissions: User: 0, Group:0, User:RWX, Group R, Other:R
su to /bin and put the following file permissions: User: 0, Group:0, User:RWX, Group:RWX, Other:RWX
busybox and put the following file permissions: User: 1000, Group:1000, User:RWX, Group:RWX, Other:RWX
The other files in /bin folder should have the following file permissions: User: 1000(System), Group:1000(System), User:RWX, Group:RWX, Other:RWX

Perichel

#259 _ilja_

_ilja_

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationRUSSIA

Posted 24 November 2011 - 06:23 AM

Hello _ilja_,

You can edit the system and boot partitions in Windows with RKCooking Utility:

Hellow perichel ! Thanks for your response! I will definitely try your utility. It will run under Wine?

Currently I'm use Linux (CentOS) on my desktop and i write script for un-pack and pack backward my update image.
#!/bin/sh
tempdir=update_$(date +%F)_$(date +%0k)_$(date +%0M)
echo $tempdir
mkdir $tempdir
echo "===================CHECKING==================="
wine ./AFPTool.exe -info update.img
echo "===================UNPACKING=================="
wine ./AFPTool.exe -unpack update.img $tempdir
echo "=============================================="
ls ./$tempdir/Image
echo "===================UNPACKING=SYSTEM.IMG======="
mkdir ./$tempdir/Image/system
sudo mount -t cramfs -o loop ./$tempdir/Image/system.img  ./$tempdir/Image/system/
tar cvzf ./$tempdir/Image/system.tgz ./$tempdir/Image/system/
sudo umount ./$tempdir/Image/system/
tar xzvf ./$tempdir/Image/system.tgz
echo "===================DONE======================="
after that, with filemanager i remove un-needed apps from directory "Image/system/app"
then pack my temporary directory to update.img
#!/bin/sh
tempdir="update_2011-11-24_13_38"
mkfs.cramfs ./$tempdir/Image/system/ ./$tempdir/Image/system.img
update_name=$tempdir.img
echo $update_name
wine ./AFPTool.exe -pack  ./$tempdir ./$update_name
Now i flash update_2011-11-24_13_38.img to SD-card and insert card in my NaviTablet.
He ask me about upgrade... reboot - re-flashing process - reboot
Success !!! Yes!!!
I see clean desktop and small number of pre installed apps !!!

Info from HWDEF file:
BEGIN MACHINE_INFO
	magic=0x5041524B
	manufacturer=rock-chips
	machine_model=NaviTablet
	machine_id=1616
END

BEGIN RAM
	base_addr=0x60000000
	size=128
	atag_addr=0x60000800
	krnl_addr=0x60008000
END
Why RAM=128. This is really size of RAM in my device? Manufacturer declare 256MB of RAM.

While I'm afraid to change the boot.img
:)
But soon, definitely try to do it.

>>>How unpack and pack - I read here<<<

Edited by _ilja_, 24 November 2011 - 06:26 AM.

#260 perichel

perichel

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 24 November 2011 - 11:23 AM

It will run under Wine?

Now i flash update_2011-11-24_13_38.img to SD-card and insert card in my NaviTablet.
He ask me about upgrade... reboot - re-flashing process - reboot
Success !!! Yes!!!
I see clean desktop and small number of pre installed apps !!!

Why RAM=128. This is really size of RAM in my device? Manufacturer declare 256MB of RAM.

While I'm afraid to change the boot.img
:)
But soon, definitely try to do it.

>>>How unpack and pack - I read here<<<

Hi _ilja_,

Wine executes windows programs, and RKcooking utility is just a bat file with some windows executables. You can't execute windows files working with hardware, like RK flash utilities.

You can make your own script. I seen you already use some window executables like AFPTool.exe to make the dump.

I seen you can make upgrades to your tablet from microSD card!!!!! There are a lot of troubles here with other tablets flashing from memory cards!!!!. I ever flash with USB cable with th RKCooking Utility.

Sometimes I use

Here is the HWdef from my tablet, note I modified the system, backup, user and userdata sizes to have more space for ROM partitions, and user area (512M +).

I have "size=128" too and this is not RAM size!!!

BEGIN MACHINE_INFO
	magic=0x5041524B
	manufacturer=rock-chips
	machine_model=Android-for-Rockchip-2818
	machine_id=1616
END

BEGIN RAM
	base_addr=0x60000000
	size=128
	atag_addr=0x60000800
	krnl_addr=0x60008000
END

BEGIN PARTITIONS
# Flash partitions info must be order of offset
# Don't change the partitions name, but you can change the partition offset and size.
# You can Insert new partitions.

mtd_id=rk28xxnand

#Format: part_name offset:size
	parameter	0x00000000:0x00002000:fh
	misc		0x00002000:0x00002000:f
	kernel		0x00004000:0x00004000:f
	boot		0x00008000:0x00002000:f
	recovery	0x0000A000:0x00004000:f
	system		0x0000E000:0x00048000:f
	backup		0x00056000:0x00052000:
	cache		0x000A8000:0x0003A000:
	userdata	0x000E2000:0x00112000:
	user		0x001F4000:0xFFFFFFFF:
END

Perichel

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users