Photo

so now that the hype pad has been rooted........

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 urphonesux

urphonesux

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 11:36 PM

what have you guys successfully uninstalled from it using titanium backup?
i have noticed that using the method previously posted for universal androot on my tab has worked but titanium backup tells me that  superuser is not functioning correctly and to contact my rom distributor.
IT DID get rid of alot of unneeded stuff but alot of stuff was still there after running the uninstall function

_________________________________________________________________________________________
NO THREAD STARTING ALLOWED IN BUYaDROID STORE SECTION

This is a Good Topic Though, so, Please Post

(future reference -- PLEASE EMAIL for New Threads)

James
BaD
_________________________________________________________________________________________

#2 urphonesux

urphonesux

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 02:18 AM

so far i have uninstalled-------------by renaming the .apk extensions found in system/apps to. txt, and uninstalling through the default manage applications GUI. Titanium backup doesnt really uninstall anything at the moment
If u are bold enough to do a system reset on your  hype-pad please rename these to .apk.............................if you can
but either way please post your experiences with using factory reset on this version of the device in the appropriate forum

cplayer- may replace with meridian
contacts
browser- replaced with skyfire for some flash support
wowbooks- replaced with aldiko
calculator
Chinese keyboard-------------see note below
and a few others that i dont remember (waiting for buyadroid to re-open so i can see the screenshot of all apps that were previously installed unless someone wants to compare their default list to mine)
I can say that i only uninstalled apps that i had no use for on my tablet except for phone and things like that
I was scared to uninstall phone because once i uninstalled it on my m001 the OS would usually crash and since we dont have a custom firmware yet i figured that that would be best left alone

other things that i have done are
change the spinning globe animation to this

using http://www.androidzo...-lite_htyw.html (there is a few that u can choose that comes by default with the free app, for mine i just picked the incredible animation)
keep in mind that any static (not animated) images still remain

also installed
autokiller- did this to keep my system memory as free as possible to avoid system crashes
A task manager may not be needed on phones with more memory available but i find it VERY useful on tablets

other things
erased my file found at /data/system/batterystats.bin
this supposedly forces android to recalibrate the battery meter according to this post
http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=827355

after installing and attempting to run adhocable i deleted the neccesary files and my /data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf (just in case because i read that the system recreates this file at boot if none is available , so far no problems)

i also replaced the default keyboard with thumb keyboard
Posted Image
to cut down on the hand stretching................FLAWLESS so far

this post will be updated as i discover new stuff to do

#3 urphonesux

urphonesux

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 05:00 AM

If u have noticed that cell standby uses up the majority of your battery, go to system/apps and rename phone.apk to phone.txt.
Ignore the crashes and just hold the power button until device powers down
restart unit and check battery usage....no more cell standby yay!

Now i just run my hype-pad in fullscreen because i hate to see the cell icon with the x in the status bar.
In zeam launcher i have my downswipe set to toggle fullscreen

#4 thafrogggg

thafrogggg

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • LocationIvor, VA

Posted 29 December 2010 - 05:31 AM

If u have noticed that cell standby uses up the majority of your battery, go to system/apps and rename phone.apk to phone.txt.

Now i just run my hype-pad in fullscreen because i hate to see the cell icon with the x in the status bar.

That sounds interesting.  How much longer is your battery life now?  Anything that can extend batterylife without causing other functional problems is a good thing (in my book).  Have you noticed any problems due to the phone.apk not being present?

#5 urphonesux

urphonesux

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 05:50 AM

Cannot comment on new battery life until i recharge again but so far i have not noticed any negatives as everything appears to work just as it had previously. I have found that just renaming the apk does not uninstall anything. Just forces the os to not load it into memory at boot.
To see what would happen i renamed phone.txt to phone.apk and reset the hype. Went back to battery usage and cell standby was right there at the top of the list again

#6 urphonesux

urphonesux

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 04:22 AM

A little frazzled now........but none the worse for wear

First I will begin with what happened,
after a night of rockband I was full of red wine and moscato. At  some point i just wanted to see what would happen if i pressed the factory reset button in settings/privacy
what it did was nothing at all EXCEPT .........kill my market and google talk  :'(
went into a drunken panic mode

went to system/apps and reinstalled everything that said google by clicking the .apks
tried market again constant server error
went back to system apps and renamed any google apps i figured may be blocking the server to .txt
reset device and uninstalled them using the default manage apps
rebooted and tried google market...it kicked me out to the launcher.....ok
rebooted and renamed everything back to .apks and tried it again
Google market loaded on the first try
on exit it was updated automatically and wouldnt connect to the sever again
rebooted and renamed market updater to txt just to see what would happen
rebooted and tried market again stayed functional after backing out of the app a few times............ok
tried to download a app, told me that the item would be downloaded...it never was
a couple of factory resets later........
still no download functionality

long story short DO NOT FACTORY RESET YOUR HYPE PAD  doing so has killed both my google talk and my google market
back to ebuddy and...........................
I am done trying right now as it is okay i guess since i do have other ways of accessing apps  but i can not lie and say that i am not a little heartbroken at the moment

#7 gvn321

gvn321

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 04:18 PM

@urphonesux,

Assuming you have a BuyADroid HyPE-PAD & if your device came with a reg code (which is valid & works);

then you can go back to the firmware in the HOWTO Document and follow the setups and it should work. basically you have a working hardware and a working key. no matter what you did "in the past" (including factory reset) will not lock you out.

you will have to break the hardware,
or
permanently damage the software (like bootloader) to 'damage' it.

If you did follow HOWTO document steps, and if it did not 'work', at what step did you experience the problem?

#8 urphonesux

urphonesux

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 04:30 PM

Nah no how to. Just a drunken what does this do?  :)

So ur saying i can flash the firmware in the how to and go back to square one?
Not like the factory reset but the true fresh out of the box mode where everything will be restored back to original condition.
And my registration code will still be intact or at least reusabe?
Gonna go read that thread now but am waiting for your reply before i do anything

About ur gps.turn ur tablet off
Attach the antenna
Turn ur tablet on
open gpstest
U will get a lock in a second

My hype pad does the dabar thing too unless i do the above steps in that order

#9 davo89

davo89

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 04:39 PM

I tried the re-name, Since the reboot after renaming the file I have spent the last 2 hours reformatting the Tablet.

Not saying it doesn't work, but not for me, I am using a Hype Pad from Jim

#10 urphonesux

urphonesux

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 01:13 PM

Sorry it didnt work for you.
I can say that i have done this multiple times with no problems and i have gotten my market BAAAAAACK

I am scared to update it tho,lol

#11 urphonesux

urphonesux

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 04:07 PM

just so i can say that i told yall
i am now using launcherpro instead of zeam
my tablet is just as fast and has alot more launcher options than before
lemme know what u think

Edit:
Ive gone back to zeam.the slowdown has showed its head

#12 gvn321

gvn321

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 06:44 AM

launcher pro is good but it is not free software. zeam is good because it's free and it is fast.

however if zeam crashes (did once on my tablet, and I read another guy had the same issue) you basically have to re-install everything because it is a system software and if it starts the crash loop, you lose your contact with the tablet and cannot fix the problem in any way (perhaps if you have USB debugging access through USB cable but I did not have it at that time)

@urphonesux,
I think a bit late but yes you can re-install (re-flash) and it will fix all issues and your reg code should work if it is a legal & active reg code (ie not fake code that you sometimes get with very cheap ###### tablets)

thanks for GPS workaround, I have tested that before and it works, though I find it inconvenient to use the device with antenna cable. also having to restart to use some functionality is not great as well. anyway that is the way it is (for now..)

cheers

#13 MapleLeaf Tablets

MapleLeaf Tablets

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,154 posts
  • LocationCANADA

Posted 05 January 2011 - 11:53 AM

hey all

yes, it seems the pre-power on attaching of the antenna is needed every time for GPS... this is one foolish method and they should fix that. I don't see why that's needed.

Second --- UPDATE TOOL ----> NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER use that tool unless I get the word that it's fixed.

What happened was the company that wrote the firmware, tied that tool to their website, but it's not the official place to get updates... or some such story... short of it is, the unit tries to connect to a wrong or dead site and it lock or crashes your tablet.

Just go through the headache of flashing the unit if there is an update.  I don't think it's so bad if you have 1170, but the risk is still there and on you.

Kindest,
jim

#14 urphonesux

urphonesux

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 06:19 AM

just flashed the 1480 firmware found here

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WN82D9E2

thanks fdomi!

tablet is running its first boot now so i cant report any changes yet but, i did notice an extra bit of color on the wowpad boot screen

after boot adout device says
2.1 update1

deb-r2.1.1480

registration is still valid

* so far have only noticed a  few new input methods and the new graphics of oi file manager now just called file manager

#15 davo89

davo89

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 07:42 AM

just so i can say that i told yall
i am now using launcherpro instead of zeam
my tablet is just as fast and has alot more launcher options than before
lemme know what u think

Edit:
Ive gone back to zeam.the slowdown has showed its head

I had to reformat a second time.  I was using LauncherPro for about one week and yesterday it went into an unrecoverable LaucherPro startup error.

Using Zeam now as well.  Thanks for the update on the new firmware; I look forward to your comments on this version.

#16 urphonesux

urphonesux

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 10:32 AM

Afterwards, had to wrestle market again..got it working again.
no gpstest on this firmware.no problem just download the free English version from the market.
Discovered hi g talk and wont b going back to plain google talk any time soon

#17 davo89

davo89

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 07:01 AM

Have you used the Titanium backup on the Hype Pad?  I will probably give it a shot

#18 davo89

davo89

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 11:30 AM

I am getting an update notice on my rooted and modded HypePad.

Has anyone updated yet without burnTool?

#19 darkson

darkson

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 04:55 PM

tried, spent all day watching it fail to download it, and then gave up and flashed the 2.1.1568 unofficial build from xda.  It's quicker, and some stuff now works, google voice being my favourite.  Decidedly unofficial, though, so I wouldn't recommend it.

#20 davo89

davo89

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 09:29 AM

If I try to download the update (1561) to my modded HypePad will the unit get screwed up?  I would like better performance, but don't fell like doing another complete flash/reinstall of apps