Android Tablets Forum banner

My Rocktab is in the mail! What to do to prepare?

4K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  The Warrior Poet 
#1 ·
Hey All,So as I wait for my Rocktab, I'm wondering what things to download for it and which MicroSD card to buy and that kind of thing. I'm trying to keep myself occupied while I wait.Any advice for the list??

#2 ·
Just a few you can try:advanced task killerapp saverdr. web anti-viruslaputasketcheruninstallerwifi onoffTiny PlayerAppBrain App MarketAwesome WallpaperMini InfoThe Weather ChannelAndroid System InfoES File ManagerES Task Manager1 Click CleanerAndroid MateApp MateFastBrightPiQtureTuneIn RadioMarket History DeleteConvertDroidCrossword SolverDroid Of The DayEphemDroidGasBuddyMoon PhaseSuper Security StandardYellow PagesObviously some apps just for fun. I just have a cheapo 4GB Dane Electric micro SD. Works just fine. Also, dxTopPro launcher is very cool: http://www.mp4nation.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=76&t=20562

#3 ·
Regarding the MicroSD Card I would go for an Class6 Card 8 or 16 GB, depend on your Buget. Personally I use Apacer because they are much faster than the Kingston Cards same ClassRegarding the APK's I would wait for the device to arrive.That's just my 2 Satangs.

#4 ·
I put in to test a 8GB class 6 full of music and it runs it perfectly, I think you will be plesently surprised what this tablet can do, spec wise its a low end device but the customed 1.5 makes it run very well better IMHO than other more powerful 1.6 & 256mg RAM tablets when compaired.

#6 ·
via Wiki
The Speed Class Rating is the official unit of speed measurement for SD Cards, defined by the SD Association. The Class number represents a multiple of 8 Mb/s (1 MB/s), and metes the least sustained write speeds for a card in a fragmented state.[11]These are the ratings of some currently available cards:[11] * Class 0 cards do not specify performance, which includes all legacy cards prior to class specifications. * Class 2, 2 MB/s, slowest for SDHC cards. * Class 4, 4 MB/s. * Class 6, 6 MB/s. * Class 10, 10 MB/s.Even though the class ratings are defined by a governing body, like ? speed ratings, class speed ratings are quoted by the manufacturers but inverified by any independent evaluation process. In applications that require sustained write throughput, such as video recording, the device may not perform satisfactorily if the SD card's class rating falls below a particular speed. For example, a camcorder that is designed to record to class 6 media may suffer dropouts or corrupted video on slower media.[citation needed] On slower class cards, digital cameras may experience a lag of several seconds between photo-taking, whilst the camera writes the picture to the card.

#8 ·
That didn't sound happy enough! I am so pleased with the device. I was wondering if I should keep up the Dr. Web firewally thing on all the time? Are there any half decent games you know of? What format/size should movies be made into???

Thanks again!

#9 ·
Good to see you're enjoying it mittensx. I use Dr. Web. It runs in the background all the time. You can disable it if you want to, but then it wouldn't detect a virus until you ran a scan though. I leave mine on. Also, here's a guide I used to convert movies for the Rocktab, by forum member "Matt" at MP4Nation. Works very well for me: http://www.mp4nation.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=19093

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.