• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Nicotine

Nicotine

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 10:22 PM

Trying to figure out how to add full usb to the a81e/nationite. The idea of having a fully powered usb port that is a true host like the a81g is driving me nuts. Traced the data signal lines from the USB pads and they lead to unpopulated pads. Unfortunately it does not look like they used the USB3322 found in the Beagleboard , pattern is not right. Does anybody have photographs of the A81G motherboard? I am currently trying to match the pad pattern to other transceivers, but it would be much faster with a photo! :)

#2 Snorre

Snorre

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 09:55 AM

full usb has to be with 5v, but battery from A81E is 3,7v

maybe there is a stepup voltage print on it? or the A81G has a battery with 5v?

There is no information given from merimobiles on the technical data HP.

Snorre

#3 Chip254

Chip254

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 10:30 AM

@Nocotine:

There are links to photos in this thread on Serial Connection.  Be warned that the pics are really, really blurry, but you get some sense of what is there.  Also have a look at the "tear down" thread a little further down.  More clear pics there, and some links to more.  Most are pretty clear, but don't get you especially close to the stuff that's important in this case.  It's not much, but it's something.

Having messed around inside my A81E quite a bit, it seems that there is no connectivity to the full-size usb pad.  I could be wrong...

If it is of any use to anything that you're doing, I've managed to successfully connect a number of devices to the OTG mini connector on the A81E.  Most notably, I've had great success in using a Symbol Technologies LS2208 barcode scanner with this device.  Works just fine.  Main cost thus far is battery life.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users