Telepad 10.1" 2GB Android 2.1 Slim

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 thelost

thelost

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 04:10 AM

Who can say something about this ?Telepad 10.1 2GB Android 2.1 - Pinch To Zoom Multitouch - Slim [tpad10_2GB] - $209.50 : MP4 Nation!, :: Low Priced MP4, MP3 Players and the latest scoop on the newest MP4 Player

#2 Gee

Gee

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 02:07 PM

BadPad aka M1001

#3 modlar

modlar

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 05:19 AM

Fox,did You already open Yours ?

#4 Fox

Fox

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 07:41 AM

No, but i want to open.i don't see screws.however i try to force with screwdrivers on the edges... one side seems to open a little, but the transparent profile now is a little scratched.I don't care... :D

#5 Fox

Fox

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 07:48 AM

FOUND.The black frame is a film.Under the black there are screws. I will post photos ;)

#6 modlar

modlar

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 08:00 AM

Do not use metal screwdriver... Use sharp hard plastic 5mm wide.You need two of them at least.Do it Yourself...Then open a little and leave one plastic part there, repeat in next 5 cm.Easy and with feeling.Must go.Take some photos of interior, so I can prepare myself on ev. mods...

#7 Fox

Fox

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 09:44 AM

Here some pics (G1 htc)I take some photo also with abetter camera but i haven't the cable now.Seems that the battery is glued with the plastic chassis, or as for the blak&trasparent frame is fixed with double faces scotch.However, i tested 8,06V My poweron switch seems to doesn't affect nothing... i try more time to switch also in running mode, nothing has happened.Before looking at it, i will wait a friend that understand more than me in electronics things.I guess is supposed to switch down all. However it doesn't seem to be a main switch (because the charger?)I think that the speaker can be replaced and positioned in the center, where there is the brand disc.You can see also the camera connector. The flat cable has many wires.Remounting it was quite easy, but the plastic frame i think that is not so good anymore.(But i have an idea... :D ):)

#8 modlar

modlar

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 11:41 AM

Bravo Fox,so, as I see there is 2S1P battery configuration. Battery pack is Lipo (Lithiumpolymer). This accus must be charged with ballancer.Your photos are not sharp, I wait Your camera photos, Then I will see how many cables goes from the accu and if they are direct charged,or ballanced charged. Can You measure accu (L W H). I think that 5000 mAh will be suitable. But measure first, please.There are two RAMs, soldered as I see. A little bit harder for upgrading on more... And question is if it will be supported.But tech infos about this Tablets are so "secret", that somebody must do same experiment, agree ?"Mine" Telepad has already 4 days status shipped, I have Tracking number but on HK post still not trackable.

#9 Fox

Fox

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 11:50 AM

tomorrow i'll reopen it and ižll tak emeasures of the battery.If u think that there might be some writing on the hide side, i try to deattach.Seems that only 2 cables are coming out from battery pack.

#10 modlar

modlar

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 12:13 PM

OK, and do not forget on better photos.Writing should probably be about Type of battery and on some batteries is also described capacity-but is hidden in code.Null problemo for me, just tell me all numbers printed on back side. And You can simply remove battery with fishing line.Two cables only: PROBLEM. So they are direct charged, without ballancer. One Lipo cell has nominal voltage 4,20 volt. Overcharging is deadly dangerous. And overcharging occur when one cell is better than other. The weaker needs more time to be fully charged (4,20 V ) and in the meantime the second, better battery reaches more than 4,20 V and can explode if is over charged. This can happen at GSM phones, laptops... when the charge limiter is broken. Nothing new, isn"t it ?Look at this: On Your picture is hard to see but I hope that is ballancer unit on battery pack.

#11 Guest_dragon2knight_*

Guest_dragon2knight_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 November 2010 - 07:41 PM

Nice innards :D I almost opened mine up to check it out,glad now I dont have to ;)

#12 Fox

Fox

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 06:06 AM

Ok ok, i know that lipo are a little dangerous, but it' not SO EASY to make explode.I say this because we try with friends... and take u a lot of time.On the other side here we have the 2 batteries that are hidden in the cover, and u can't check it.Another thing: i'm dueling with myself about loading the new firmware or not.I mean... mine is not an haipad, and the firmware is from haipad...they also were kind, they send to me instruction (in .doc) on how to upgrade... but are the model the same? I'm not skilled on this... can we "root" this pad?modlar, what are your plans about this?P.s.i must wait tomorrow for photos, the cable is in my office.btw, if u need some specific photo, just tell.

#13 modlar

modlar

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 08:08 AM

Fox, if You do not have original firmware for You pad, I suggest NOT to upgrade.Try to find it and in the meantime also better F/w with simpler instructions will come out.Can you paste instructions ? It will be interesting to see them...Photos: just clear inside photos from varius angles. And measure the battery pack.I will do a F/w upgrade if will guys from MP4 Nation say that is ok for Telepad.Or You can brick it " Just like that ".And if You do not have original F/w is problem to recover it.Maybe I will tomorow already have info where my pad is. Hong Kong Post non lavora oggi.

#14 Fox

Fox

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 09:42 AM

News:i reopen it Battery is 84mm x 98mm 4,5 mm ticknessi guess are 2 packs 84x49mmI try to deattach but they are too... how to say... weak... not ridgid so i prefer to wait you Modlar.I removed all the screws and turn up the hidden face off the board.I FIXED MY SWITCH Now i can cut power hahaha :( I made other pics but i fear that are quite bad, however i will see tomorrowI can't post instruction because the file is oversize. (pdf is about 330k)I can send by email.I went to telechips website to take a look... seems that there are a lot of info, but a login is needed to access. :(

#15 Asure

Asure

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 784 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 10:01 AM

@Fox: For reference, can you tell us the exact type of touchscreen used? Any sticker with numbers or type or brand on it is very welcome. (We would need this information later.. trying to get kernel going / video output..)

#16 modlar

modlar

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 12:53 PM

Fox BRAVO !Was it dead solder or unsoldered wire ?Battery measures are ok. There is a lot of space if we need it for better batteries.First should we try with upgrading new F/w. Operating time will be improved for sure.My email is TELEPAD@MAIL.COMThank You in advance.

#17 Fox

Fox

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 03:05 PM

@Asure:I didn't pay attention but i'm looking it right now...the only info that i can give to you is a write in the lower left: XH602because is a transparent piece of "plastic" with a flat cable attached on the lower right (i see like in the flat-cable 4 wires going to the mainboard)measures: 234mm x 140~141mm (external)I've searched info about resistive touch XH602 in google and also in alibaba but no results. sorry@Modlar:was more easy! The little white microswitch was out of his socket.I mean, what you can see outside is a plastic switch. Internally it has a little socket for the microswitch. If when you reassemble the pad, you don't pay attention to the correct position you can have a don't working switch because the external doesn't move the internal. (tomorrow the photo)I'll mail to you the instructions.

#18 modlar

modlar

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 03:51 PM

Thnx.Nothing new: schlamperei arbeit, as our gadget friends from Germany says.But for this low cost products is quite normal, that they are without final control."Do it Yourself " is the best and fastest solution, as I already said.Good night, amico.

#19 Fox

Fox

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 01:46 AM

Ok,I upload some pics :ohttp://picasaweb.goo...feat=directlinkhttp://picasaweb.goo...feat=directlinkhttp://picasaweb.goo...feat=directlinkhttp://picasaweb.goo...feat=directlinkhttp://picasaweb.goo...feat=directlinkhttp://picasaweb.goo...feat=directlinkhttp://picasaweb.goo...feat=directlinkhttp://picasaweb.goo...feat=directlink:D

#20 modlar

modlar

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 07:26 AM

Perfect pics.And I still do not have info from HK post... where my Teletubby is.Perhaps custom officer plays Wave runner ... Buaaaa. Smrk smrk.