69 replies to this topic

#1 Reimar

Reimar

Mr. Imperfect

• Global Moderators
  • 3,188 posts
  • LocationSamut Prakarn (Thailand)

Posted 21 November 2010 - 09:22 AM

As many user's are looking for special APK's for Android and not only that, many also didn't have access to the Market via the device they using, Me think it would be a good idea for to start a new thread which covers that: Links to Market Places and APK's.Please feel free to add your own links as well so the Slatedroid Community could profit from that and makes the "Android Live" a bit more easy.I'll start to add the first Market Place:

AndroidzoomBrowse the Android Market and search from the comfort of your computerThat's special for those who didn't have access to the Market via the Tablet/Pad/Slate.There ten's of thousand on Free and Paid APK's, sorted available you just need to download them. After that is easy to install on your device and so you didn't have to worry even if you didhn't have access to market via your device.All you need to do is, open the Internet on your computer and go to Androidzoom

Good luck.

#2 Reimar

Reimar

Mr. Imperfect

• Global Moderators
  • 3,188 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 09:49 AM

Double Twist is an other Android Market place which host thousand of APK's.Direct split in three main categories Music, Podcasts and Apps makes the search direct a bit more easy. Go to : http://doubletwist.com

#3 Reimar

Reimar

Mr. Imperfect

• Global Moderators
  • 3,188 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 09:55 AM

AndroLib is one of the major market place for Android Applications. With more than 2 billion downloaded APP's AndroLib ranks as No.2To reach the AndroLib Market, just click the link: http://www.androlib.com/

#4 Nate the great

Nate the great

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 05:58 PM

[quote name='pisthai;94999]As many user's are looking for special APK's for Android and not only that' date=' many also didn't have access to the Market via the device they using, Me think it would be a good idea for to start a new thread which covers that: Links to Market Places and APK's.Please feel free to add your own links as well so the Slatedroid Community could profit from that and makes the "Android Live" a bit more easy.I'll start to add the first Market Place:Good luck.[/QUOTE'] That's not a market; it's a user interface for the official _Android_Market_. If you don't already have access to the Android Market that site isn't worth *oops.I've got a couple places that are actual markets:SlidemeArchos AppslibAndAppStore <- my current favorite; they track each app by OS version compatibility

#5 springthing

springthing

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 05:43 AM

Can these be accessed from a PC as well?

#6 Nate the great

Nate the great

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 02:19 PM

Can these be accessed from a PC as well?

Slideme, AndAppStore - Yes.

#7 maz

maz

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 03:45 AM

Also there are - getandroidstuff and- freewarelovers both carrying hundreds of apk files. For those of you who can read either german, dutch or italian there is android.pdassi (.de) with an assorted selection.

#8 Waxwrong

Waxwrong

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 07:56 PM

Hi Guys

I just tried a 'awesome drop' and it is awesome. No more cables from the tablet to the pc with this application. Simple install on tablet and open, open website and enter the pin they give on the site on to the tablet, then just drag the files you want to transfer to the drop box and they download on the tablet (or phone, whatever). Just tested it with a couple of apk's and it was so easy and almost instant. First file transferred before I had the chance to drop the second file.

Waxy

#9 Waxwrong

Waxwrong

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 08:09 PM

awesome drop site is  http://labs.dashwire.com/drop

#10 super one

super one

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 10:32 PM

Thanks very much

#11 Katsura

Katsura

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 08:28 AM

Appreciate the useful tips!

#12 JamesTab

JamesTab

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 11:10 AM

Those are really good links! Thanks for sharing it!

#13 jay m

jay m

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 10:09 AM

For tablets that don't come with a market (i.e. any of the non-stream tablets), are these replacements adequate? I feel like having the official android market working isn't a huge factor in what I should buy.

#14 chebyshev

chebyshev

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 05:47 PM

is possible to install the original android market ? or there is no apk for it out there?

#15 simonr

simonr

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 04:22 AM

www.aptoide.com
package repository manager with lots op apps.

#16 ahboeysg

ahboeysg

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 12:58 AM

HI there,I have a SL A8 Tablet but was not able to install any applications from Android Market or any of
the other sites.
Would like to know from which sites I can download applications/files direct to my PC
Can anyone help,am looking for the followings:
1.Mystic Maggie Story Lite
2.Story for Kids Vol.6
tks

#17 mstevens

mstevens

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 12:42 AM

is possible to install the original android market ? or there is no apk for it out there?

It is certainly possible on at least some tablets. It entails more than an .apk.

#18 landr6

landr6

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 11:03 AM

AndroLib is one of the major market place for Android Applications. With more than 2 billion downloaded APP's AndroLib ranks as No.2To reach the AndroLib Market, just click the link: http://www.androlib.com/

How do you DOWNLOAD the apps. My tablet can't reader the Bar Code?

#19 midtownartist

midtownartist

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 11:52 PM

this is all new to me. can anyone explain how one goes about obtaining various apps for the m001?

#20 Sage

Sage

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationBurbank

Posted 18 May 2011 - 02:42 PM

Double Twist is an other Android Market place which host thousand of APK's.Direct split in three main categories Music, Podcasts and Apps makes the search direct a bit more easy. Go to : http://doubletwist.com

Sorry nope. This one is dead now. AndroLib is up still however.
Posted Image

Take your life to the next level.
Become a SuperHero today!