• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 stu

stu

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 03:16 PM

Besides the problems I have already had with Augen (see post http://www.slatedroi....html#post36956) here's the latest. I opened a ticket and here's what they did about it:Posted ImageI then called the number listed and after sitting for a few minutes got put into voice mail. Called a second time and the line went dead. On to call number three and I actually got Christian on the phone.Speaking with him, about 20 minutes after he closed the ticket, his first question was if I had tried putting the latest software on the thing. I read to him paragraph 2 of my initial trouble report. He then asked if I had my receipt. I read paragraph 3 of the initial trouble report.I finally get him to do his job and tell me what the RMA process is and email me the location to the form and process. Would it really have been that hard to read the ticket and supply the information in the ticket response? I guess the lesson here is don't even bother opening a trouble ticket, they don't even read them anymore. We'll see what happens next. If the thing doesn't get fixed, I may just file a class action suit, between the references on the original packaging for the Google apps and the never released source there's more than enough to get things started.

#2 stu

stu

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 11:05 AM

Sent the thing off and Augen got it on 12/2. Waited a week to give them a chance before calling.

Called on 12/9 and was told they typically have a 3 week turn around time. Looks like the next update will be on 12/23 unless something happens before then.

#3 stu

stu

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 11:11 AM

Since I know I won't have a chance to call tomorrow, I called Augen today (12/22) to get an update. Tried the support line but as we all know it's useless so I did the same thing I did on 12/9 and called the corporate number.

Last time I did this, on 12/9, the girl who answered the phone transfered me to the RMA department and the person I spoke with told me about the 3-week turn around time and was actually pretty helpful.

This time, the same person who answered the phone told me it was not possible to transfer me. She did take down my name, number, ticket number, and RMA number, and said someone would get back to me.

Will probably have to wait until after the holidays, but it's getting close to that time to assign a paralegal to start some research.

#4 Mark Adams

Mark Adams

PDN Wiki Master, Speaker to n00bs

• Global Administrator
  • 2,338 posts
  • Location41.6927560 / -83.5456899

Posted 22 December 2010 - 11:19 AM

Ahem.... Mark who?

#5 stu

stu

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 11:21 AM

Ahem.... Mark who?

Take a look at my post on this thread, it's at the bottom of the first page.

http://www.slatedroi...975.0#post36956

#6 Mark Adams

Mark Adams

PDN Wiki Master, Speaker to n00bs

• Global Administrator
  • 2,338 posts
  • Location41.6927560 / -83.5456899

Posted 22 December 2010 - 11:43 AM

Oh, cool, so "Mark" just found an idiot and tried to get some tech support from him, but Mark's a genius himself.

Happens to me too.

#7 stu

stu

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 11:47 AM

Oh, cool, so "Mark" just found an idiot and tried to get some tech support from him, but Mark's a genius himself.

Happens to me too.

The messages in the post are the replies I got from Mark, first offering no help on the problem by sending me to their news page, and the second pointing me to a solution he knew would not work and insulting me.

I would have taken screen shots of the ticket in their system (as I did with my second ticket) but Mark deleted all reference of the ticket from the system so all I have are the emails.

#8 stu

stu

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 01:33 PM

Actually had some time today to call Augen to get an update. As always I called the support line, and for once someone actually picked up the phone. That's the good part, now to the bad. It ends up you should not call the support line for RMA issues as the girl answering the corporate line told me. There's an RMA line that you have to call.

So, called that number twice and eventually got the girl I spoke to on 12/9. When I asked for a status all she could come up with was the thing is still in repair. I reminded her of our earlier conversation where she told me 3-weeks and started getting a run around.

She eventually gave up and got her supervisor on the line. The first thing out of the supervisor's mouth was that it is the holidays and no one was there to work on it which is why it would take more than 3-weeks. When I asked when I could expect the thing to be fixed she said it would be done by the 1st of the year. When I questioned her on who was going to fix it since everyone is out for the holidays it was back to the run around.

Still have no answer on when I'll get the thing back (pretty sure it won't be on the 1st.)

Kind of makes me wonder if Augen should have their offices and buildings tested for lead paint.

#9 Dunavan

Dunavan

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 03:45 PM

<---Is Mark, and nope I am an idiot too lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users