• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#61 ithamar

ithamar

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationAlmere, Netherlands

Posted 31 March 2011 - 08:42 AM

Just to keep you guys updated, I've finally gotten the time to attach the serial cable to my new X6D unit, and can see the serial output of both the bootloader and the kernel now! This will enable me to work on the telechips kernel release and get it properly booting. I'm hoping to start hacking away on that tonight!

I'm sure once I have it working on the X6D unit it should be trivial (even without serial) to get a kernel booting and working on the Gentouch78/Surfer/D7 as well.

Famous last words I guess ;)

Good news is, I have a kernel that boots into recovery successfully. That kernel is build from the Telechips GPL release. Hope to have more news soon!

Ithamar.

#62 gali98

gali98

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 03:28 PM

Famous last words I guess ;)

Good news is, I have a kernel that boots into recovery successfully. That kernel is build from the Telechips GPL release. Hope to have more news soon!

Ithamar.

I knew you would come through eventually :)
Have anything you need me to test?
Kory

#63 ithamar

ithamar

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 03:17 AM

Hi Kory,

I knew you would come through eventually :)

Thanks for your trust ;)

Have anything you need me to test?

There seems to be two major things left to get something usable:
  • get USB (adb) working
  • Debug boot image

There seems to be a problem left with USB, where the device shows up as mass storage, but actual usage of the disk fails. Also, adb is unable to connect. Second, if I use the kernel in the boot image, it gets stuck, and since ADB doesn't work, I can't debug where things are failing :(

It'll probably take me a couple of days to figure these two things out, but I hope to have something we could use in fun_'s builds soon. Once I'm at that point, fixing the touchscreen issue will be extremely easy....

Ithamar.

#64 ithamar

ithamar

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 11:39 AM

There seems to be two major things left to get something usable:

• get USB (adb) working
  • Debug boot image

So, here we are with a new status report. We're almost there... ADB works, I can debug :)

Recovery is fully working, but it turns out that is only because it doesn't depend on NAND. There seems to be something off with the nand access, as I'm getting *lots* of ECC failed messages these days. I'm also getting some with the original kernel, but my new kernel seems to spew out lots and lots more. I'm looking at the disassembly of the old and new kernels now, trying to figure out where the difference is....

Anyway, the good news is that I can boot the kernel, I can load modules build for the original kernel (needed for wireless currently). However, I need to figure out this NAND problem to get it fully working, and successfully boot into Android itself.

We're so darn close now....

Ithamar.

#65 jcannon

jcannon

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 12:09 PM

Thank you for all of your effort and hard work.

#66 gali98

gali98

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 02:21 PM

Absolutely awesome work. Many thanks for your work!
Kory

#67 fd0

fd0

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 09:25 AM

So, here we are with a new status report. We're almost there... ADB works, I can debug :)

Recovery is fully working, but it turns out that is only because it doesn't depend on NAND. There seems to be something off with the nand access, as I'm getting *lots* of ECC failed messages these days. I'm also getting some with the original kernel, but my new kernel seems to spew out lots and lots more. I'm looking at the disassembly of the old and new kernels now, trying to figure out where the difference is....

Anyway, the good news is that I can boot the kernel, I can load modules build for the original kernel (needed for wireless currently). However, I need to figure out this NAND problem to get it fully working, and successfully boot into Android itself.

We're so darn close now....

Ithamar.

found this. just in case, it could help you: [Yaffs] Failed ECC read

#68 miraclemaker

miraclemaker

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 09:04 AM

Great work guys, keep it up!

#69 fun_

fun_

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 10:55 AM

ithamar,
sorry for long blank... I restart my work with CM7, but still I don't have enough time :(
here is new repo: https://github.com/n...lechips_tcc8902
it's not tested well. probably unstable. and there is no pointercal support yet ;)
http://androtab.info/

#70 hidden72

hidden72

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 04:09 PM

I'm subscribing as well. Would love to see a better rom for my GT78v2!

#71 ithamar

ithamar

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 05:12 PM

I'm subscribing as well. Would love to see a better rom for my GT78v2!

Sorry for the long silence guys. I've been approached by some tablet vendors and making contact with silicon vendors for creating ROMs for these devices. "These" include the TCC890x based onces, as well as Rockchip based devices, and possibly Samsung based devices. Currently, I have a Rockchip and a Telechips device here on my desk running 2.3.5 with full media support. Things get much easier with access to the full source :)

I hope to be able to announce something soon, need to get a couple of ROMs sorted out for paying customers first.

The service will be commercial, but I'll be contributing back to CM and CM based projects as much as I can. Since I'm getting sources from the silicon/device vendors, not everything will be able to be opensourced, but at least I can guarantee for the vendors that I work with that they will be strictly GPL compliant!

(Fees for consumers should be *very* low, most of the core development is being payed by tablet vendors).

Regards,

Ithamar.

#72 fun_

fun_

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 07:15 AM

Sorry for the long silence guys. I've been approached by some tablet vendors and making contact with silicon vendors for creating ROMs for these devices. "These" include the TCC890x based onces, as well as Rockchip based devices, and possibly Samsung based devices. Currently, I have a Rockchip and a Telechips device here on my desk running 2.3.5 with full media support. Things get much easier with access to the full source :)

I hope to be able to announce something soon, need to get a couple of ROMs sorted out for paying customers first.

The service will be commercial, but I'll be contributing back to CM and CM based projects as much as I can. Since I'm getting sources from the silicon/device vendors, not everything will be able to be opensourced, but at least I can guarantee for the vendors that I work with that they will be strictly GPL compliant!

(Fees for consumers should be *very* low, most of the core development is being payed by tablet vendors).

Regards,

Ithamar.

sounds good :)

I hope no one disturb your worthful work. I frequently feel tired by questions far from dev thing on my dev thread and PM :(

#73 ithamar

ithamar

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 05:05 AM

sounds good :)

I hope no one disturb your worthful work. I frequently feel tired by questions far from dev thing on my dev thread and PM :(

I've been lucky enough to not publicly announce a ROM for a popular device ;-) That keeps the end-users mostly away, and enables me to concentrate on the development work. You've not been so lucky...

Oh, quick question btw, your calibration script actually creates an idc file in /data/misc/idc/, is this location for idc files a custom CM feature or is it generic? Couldn't find any references in the code, but I might have been looking in all the wrong places ;-)

On my github page I'm working on a TSCalibration app that directly writes out the idc file, the writing part works, just need to fix the BOOT_COMPLETED handling, as that checks for existance of the pointercal file, which is now no longer generated, and so TSCalibration starts up on every boot (I don't know the name of the idc file at that point, so can't simply check for that :( )

Ithamar.

#74 fun_

fun_

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 09:42 PM

Oh, quick question btw, your calibration script actually creates an idc file in /data/misc/idc/, is this location for idc files a custom CM feature or is it generic? Couldn't find any references in the code, but I might have been looking in all the wrong places ;-)

idc is generic. please see services/java/com/android/server/InputManager.java and libs/ui/InputReader.cpp in aosp frameworks/base.

but I think no need to follow my way. I just wanted to make pointercal compatible with stock rom. my way was useful with pointercal from stock rom when calib app didn't work well.

btw there is limitation in my code, as you know, it can't get values out of range :(
it should be better to use raw values directly from /dev/input on lower layer. calibration in kernel may be better.

On my github page I'm working on a TSCalibration app that directly writes out the idc file, the writing part works, just need to fix the BOOT_COMPLETED handling, as that checks for existance of the pointercal file, which is now no longer generated, and so TSCalibration starts up on every boot (I don't know the name of the idc file at that point, so can't simply check for that :( )

I also don't know how to get device name from android code yet :(

all of my codes are dirty hack. but for my project, dirty hack is enough and I don't have enough time to refine these codes ;)

#75 Alvaroxer

Alvaroxer

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 05:22 PM

Hi guys, I was hopping to get some advice from you. I'm trying to compile a custom kernel for the Coby Kyros 7015. I was unable to find the TX pin on the board, so basically can't make any progress.
As I just read, you are planning to charge for your services, so I guess I wont be receiving any tips about compiling, but maybe someone can help me finding the TX pin on my board.

Cheers and good luck!

#76 ryanrox

ryanrox

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 05:24 AM

someone plz help me..i have dawa d7 tablet..im experiment with froyo haipad rom..n istn failed,,my tablet always restart at android logo,,restart too on recovery,,so i cant update it to original rom,,what can i do,,urgent

#77 lthown

lthown

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 02:06 PM

I read a bunch of the posts by fun_ here on SlateDroid, on XDA and on the Cyanogen forums. Did anything ever get figured out for the first generation AUGEN 78? I picked up two about a month ago and while they're working with 2.1 it would be really nice to get at least 2.2 mostly for app2sd capability and app compatibility. So: any news? anything I can do to help restart progress on it? I'm fairly competent with ADB, and such, been a linux admin for years.

#78 mindwave

mindwave

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 04:03 PM

I could be wrong, but I thought I had 2.2 working in 8/10 when I owned my 1st Augen

Ive since sold that and moved on, reecently bought another one and of course most of the resource sites I used are gone now

j

#79 THRDStooge

THRDStooge

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 01:34 PM

Anybody want to take a crack at the newest iMito firmware? Hotfile.com: One click file hosting: iMito iM7 Upgrade For 1.2.rar. Much faster, camera does not work. Boot image doesn't seem to work, used a dawa d7 boot image and it worked well, it isn't included. Maybe I was doing something wrong and the boot image works, didn't work for me though. Here is the link to the Dawa firmware, not as good as the iMito in my opinion. http://hotfile.com/d...AWA_OS.rar.html.

Has anyone tried this with success? I installed this on my iMitO7 and now it hangs on the Android logo. Won't fully boot. I tried both the original boot image and the Dawa boot image. No luck. I really need help unbricking my device.