• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#41 jcannon

jcannon

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 10:26 AM

Found the calibrate file under, datacom.estrongs.android.popapp_.apps.    4kb. Should I push it there or /sys/class/input/input1/calc_table .

#42 jcannon

jcannon

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 11:04 AM

It's called com.android.calibrate.

#43 tsynik

tsynik

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 09:57 PM

I found interesting document about touchscreen setup on TCC89xx devices:

http://wenku.baidu.c...2707220829.html

It's for earlier kernel, but in part 3.2.2 and 3.2.3 there is 2 different type of drivers in the kernel and HW mod.

I'll join the development/testing when i receive iMito IM7. Plan to set up it in my car with external GPS/Bluetooth and USB audio card (hope it will be real with working open kernel) ;-)

#44 marcelol

marcelol

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 06:55 PM

Fun_  I've been out of commission for a while, but I'm back....and I want to help develop for our units....I sent you my email or look for me on freenode in the augenmod-dev channel.

ML

#45 fun_

fun_

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 07:41 PM

Fun_  I've been out of commission for a while, but I'm back....and I want to help develop for our units....I sent you my email or look for me on freenode in the augenmod-dev channel.

sorry, no progress for Dawa/Augen ;)

ithamar found workaround and/or solution about touchscreen issue. I need to talk with him... but no enough time :o

#46 ithamar

ithamar

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationAlmere, Netherlands

Posted 29 January 2011 - 06:08 AM

sorry, no progress for Dawa/Augen ;)

ithamar found workaround and/or solution about touchscreen issue. I need to talk with him... but no enough time :)

I'm working on a Smartbook Surfer tablet, and have gotten a hack working using their kernel. I will try to create the same patch with the Dawa/Augen kernel and see how it goes. The main problem seems to be that the minimum/maximum values that the touchscreen kernel driver reports are way off, and therefore all the touch events don't come through (as they are seen as out of range).

I've played a little with tslib support in fun_'s build but that does not seem to really fix the problem, not with the pointercal file that was supplied with my tablet, at least.

By now, I'm doing builds for my tablet with out of AOSP master, just plain Android builds (2.3 atm) and hope to have a fully working build available soonish.

Just waiting for my ordered tablets to arrive, so I can start building a working kernel for all these tablets, as without kernel source we can only work around using hacks :)

Ithamar.

#47 marcelol

marcelol

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 05:44 PM

ithamar,

I have the OLD ( as in July 2010 ) source for the Augen Kernel and part of the system image....this is obviously for 1st Gen Augen's, but if you think it'll help you...I'll dig it up and if you tell me where to post it, I'll put it up as a point of comparison.

OTOH, if I can lend a hand, let me know.

#48 gali98

gali98

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 01:03 AM

I am own the older Augen Gentouch, and would like to help out getting the touchscreen to work. I know a *little* programming, but have never worked with android. (I work with linux on a daily basis.) Any help you can provide would be awesome.
Kory

#49 ithamar

ithamar

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 08:49 AM

I have the OLD ( as in July 2010 ) source for the Augen Kernel and part of the system image....this is obviously for 1st Gen Augen's, but if you think it'll help you...I'll dig it up and if you tell me where to post it, I'll put it up as a point of comparison.

Cool, that would be very helpful. I'm collecting as much telechips tablet kernel trees as possible, so we can (hopefully) merge them into one main source tree in the near future. My tablet with serial has arrived, should be able to start playing with it next week, if all goes well (and work doesn't keep me away from it).

If you could upload those files to rapidshare or anywhere, it would be very much appreciated!

As soon as I get something working for my tablet, I will post it on the working code on my github account, where I am collecting as much sources as possible to get a proper clean Android build for the telechips tablets together.

Who knows, we might get 3.0 running on these ;)

#50 ithamar

ithamar

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 08:59 AM

Ok, just for reference, here's the patch (on frameworks/base) that made the touchscreen on the Smartbook Surfer working on naobsd/fun_'s build. I'm posting it here so either fun_ can take it and use it, while I'm trying to get the touchscreen driver in the kernel fixed ;), or anyone else who wants to play can pick it up without having to go through the pain it took me to figure this one out.

Basically, the magic hex values in the patch are taken from running getevents through adb and capturing the min/max values for both X and Y. I hacked android to use these values instead of what the driver returns, which is 0-1000 which is obviously wrong.

The last thing I do is for any event containing an X value, I "mirror" the value so it comes out correct. This was all that was required.

The values used in the patch might not work for the Augen, I don't have one so I couldn't check the values returned.

Hope this helps someone!

#51 gali98

gali98

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 06:50 PM

Okay, Using getevent, I am getting response from the touchscreen, and the values look close enough to what you had in your patch that I could at least get some response... but I have no idea how to recompile (or just compile really) the framework_base. I am used to the usual make system, but there aren't any make files... Any ideas?
Kory

#52 ithamar

ithamar

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 05:24 AM

Hi,

Okay, Using getevent, I am getting response from the touchscreen, and the values look close enough to what you had in your patch that I could at least get some response... but I have no idea how to recompile (or just compile really) the framework_base. I am used to the usual make system, but there aren't any make files... Any ideas?
Kory

You'll need to do a full android build, preferably from fun_'s repositories @ github. Problem is, his repositories are a little behind the upstream CM repositories so won't build out-of-the-box. You need to merge in the latest CM changes. This is quite a bit of work.

I'll see if I can find some time to do a build again, and upload a system.img with the patch applied...

Ithamar.

#53 fun_

fun_

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 08:36 AM

You'll need to do a full android build, preferably from fun_'s repositories @ github. Problem is, his repositories are a little behind the upstream CM repositories so won't build out-of-the-box. You need to merge in the latest CM changes. This is quite a bit of work.

I'll see if I can find some time to do a build again, and upload a system.img with the patch applied...

thank you for your great work. I'm in the middle of updating my repo... hopefully it will be done this weekend...

#54 gali98

gali98

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 08:58 AM

Thank you both. I think I will wait for one or the other. If any of you need system info from an Augen just let me know.
Kory

#55 ithamar

ithamar

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 11:15 AM

Hi fun_,

thank you for your great work. I'm in the middle of updating my repo... hopefully it will be done this weekend...

Standing on the shoulders of giants, would never have gotten this far so quickly without your github repository  :)

Anyway, if you're interested in including the patch, be warned that it will seriously disrupt the touchscreen functionality on builds using kernels that return 'proper' values, so we will either have to produce libui.so as a patch for augen-like devices or make this hack optional through properties or so. I haven't tried, as I want to get a kernel build for my Surfer that fixes the problem, so I can continue to do "master" builds out of the generic Android repository.

If you run into any probs with the patch, just ping me and I'll help.

Ithamar.

#56 ithamar

ithamar

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 07:07 PM

If any of you need system info from an Augen just let me know.

Could you capture the output of "adb dmesg" for me, and post it here (as attachment, I suspect it'll be quite a bit of text)? Please also report with it if you are running an official Augen build or wether your running a modded build (e.g. the CM froyo builds or so).

Thanks!

#57 gali98

gali98

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 08:12 PM

cm.txt is the latest D7 build. official.txt is the latest update that augen has put out.
Note: I'm on Ubuntu. Not sure if that will have any bearing on anything.
Kory

#58 ithamar

ithamar

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 05:26 AM

cm.txt is the latest D7 build. official.txt is the latest update that augen has put out.
Note: I'm on Ubuntu. Not sure if that will have any bearing on anything.

Thanks! I'm working from Ubuntu too, but the log you captured are the kernel messages from the device, so it should not really matter (except possibly for line-endings in the text files).

Ithamar.

#59 gali98

gali98

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 10:39 AM

Okie Dokie. Well, if you make any progress that you need me to test just let me know.
Kory

#60 ithamar

ithamar

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 05:55 AM

Just to keep you guys updated, I've finally gotten the time to attach the serial cable to my new X6D unit, and can see the serial output of both the bootloader and the kernel now! This will enable me to work on the telechips kernel release and get it properly booting. I'm hoping to start hacking away on that tonight!

I'm sure once I have it working on the X6D unit it should be trivial (even without serial) to get a kernel booting and working on the Gentouch78/Surfer/D7 as well.