Website Speed

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 gergc

gergc

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 08:42 PM

Hi guys, this forum gets really slow. It's starting to get annoying. =PI have a fairly powerful dedicated colocated box with 100mbit of unmetered bandwidth. Would you rather host the forums on that? I have another site with well over a thousand users registered on it and it works great.Also, a proposal for the slatedroid.com guy. Why not put these forums there? No need for a silly community page that mirrors a tech news site. This is only one device. Only one forums would work.This is Greg from the group, I host quasared.net and the mirror that one of the firmware updates is on.

#2 D-Tronic

D-Tronic

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 09:13 PM

Hi guys, this forum gets really slow. It's starting to get annoying. =PI have a fairly powerful dedicated colocated box with 100mbit of unmetered bandwidth. Would you rather host the forums on that? I have another site with well over a thousand users registered on it and it works great.Also, a proposal for the slatedroid.com guy. Why not put these forums there? No need for a silly community page that mirrors a tech news site. This is only one device. Only one forums would work.This is Greg from the group, I host quasared.net and the mirror that one of the firmware updates is on.

I was working on migrating the forum there. However, I'm still waiting on the okay from Mike. It's entirely up to him.

#3 gergc

gergc

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 09:44 PM

Sounds like a plan, let me know if I can do anything to help.

#4 Mike

Mike

Co-Founder

• Global Moderators
  • 2,103 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 18 May 2010 - 03:10 AM

I was working on migrating the forum there. However, I'm still waiting on the okay from Mike. It's entirely up to him.

Basically we're going to have to move across the existing file structure because I have made several hard-mods that I can't be arsed to do again. Once that is done we can import the database. But I've got an exam today so it'll have to be this evening.

#5 D-Tronic

D-Tronic

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 12:08 AM

Basically we're going to have to move across the existing file structure because I have made several hard-mods that I can't be arsed to do again. Once that is done we can import the database. But I've got an exam today so it'll have to be this evening.

Okay, that sounds fine. If you'd like, if you don't have the time, you can just send me the FTP access info for this forum and I'll do the transfer.

#6 Breakout

Breakout

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:14 PM

Okay, that sounds fine. If you'd like, if you don't have the time, you can just send me the FTP access info for this forum and I'll do the transfer.

No problem with forum speed here, Sunshine Coast Australia.

Dean

#7 Reimar

Reimar

Mr. Imperfect

• Global Moderators
  • 3,029 posts
  • LocationSamut Prakarn (Thailand)

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:34 PM

No problem with forum speed here, Sunshine Coast Australia.

Dean

After nearly 2 years and a new SQL Server, we'd experiences enoughPosted Image

Mr. Imperfect
from
LOS (Land of Smile (Thailand))

Posted Image

Please do NOT hijack my signature picture. Thanks.