Android Tablets Forum banner

Website Speed

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Reimar 
#1 ·
Hi guys, this forum gets really slow. It's starting to get annoying. =PI have a fairly powerful dedicated colocated box with 100mbit of unmetered bandwidth. Would you rather host the forums on that? I have another site with well over a thousand users registered on it and it works great.Also, a proposal for the slatedroid.com guy. Why not put these forums there? No need for a silly community page that mirrors a tech news site. This is only one device. Only one forums would work.This is Greg from the group, I host quasared.net and the mirror that one of the firmware updates is on.

#2 ·
[quote author=gergc link=topic=108.msg865#msg865 date=1274146928]Hi guys, this forum gets really slow. It's starting to get annoying. =PI have a fairly powerful dedicated colocated box with 100mbit of unmetered bandwidth. Would you rather host the forums on that? I have another site with well over a thousand users registered on it and it works great.Also, a proposal for the slatedroid.com guy. Why not put these forums there? No need for a silly community page that mirrors a tech news site. This is only one device. Only one forums would work.This is Greg from the group, I host quasared.net and the mirror that one of the firmware updates is on.[/quote]I was working on migrating the forum there. However, I'm still waiting on the okay from Mike. It's entirely up to him.

#4 ·
[quote author=D-Tronic link=topic=108.msg868#msg868 date=1274148781][quote author=gergc link=topic=108.msg865#msg865 date=1274146928]Hi guys, this forum gets really slow. It's starting to get annoying. =PI have a fairly powerful dedicated colocated box with 100mbit of unmetered bandwidth. Would you rather host the forums on that? I have another site with well over a thousand users registered on it and it works great.Also, a proposal for the slatedroid.com guy. Why not put these forums there? No need for a silly community page that mirrors a tech news site. This is only one device. Only one forums would work.This is Greg from the group, I host quasared.net and the mirror that one of the firmware updates is on.[/quote]I was working on migrating the forum there. However, I'm still waiting on the okay from Mike. It's entirely up to him.[/quote]Basically we're going to have to move across the existing file structure because I have made several hard-mods that I can't be arsed to do again. Once that is done we can import the database. But I've got an exam today so it'll have to be this evening.

#5 ·
[quote author=Mike link=topic=108.msg887#msg887 date=1274170241][quote author=D-Tronic link=topic=108.msg868#msg868 date=1274148781][quote author=gergc link=topic=108.msg865#msg865 date=1274146928]Hi guys, this forum gets really slow. It's starting to get annoying. =PI have a fairly powerful dedicated colocated box with 100mbit of unmetered bandwidth. Would you rather host the forums on that? I have another site with well over a thousand users registered on it and it works great.Also, a proposal for the slatedroid.com guy. Why not put these forums there? No need for a silly community page that mirrors a tech news site. This is only one device. Only one forums would work.This is Greg from the group, I host quasared.net and the mirror that one of the firmware updates is on.[/quote]I was working on migrating the forum there. However, I'm still waiting on the okay from Mike. It's entirely up to him.[/quote]Basically we're going to have to move across the existing file structure because I have made several hard-mods that I can't be arsed to do again. Once that is done we can import the database. But I've got an exam today so it'll have to be this evening.[/quote]Okay, that sounds fine. If you'd like, if you don't have the time, you can just send me the FTP access info for this forum and I'll do the transfer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.