Android Tablets Forum banner

New compatible ROM from U39GT clone (iconBit NetTAB Thor ZX)

10K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  cainacg 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi all,

I found on 4PDA forums a clone of Cube U39GT. This model is iconBit NetTAB Thor ZX (NT-0907S) and I found a ROM on the iconBit ftp. I test the v1.01 straight on my Cube and it goes very well (far better than the cube one). Everything works without mods on my cube (WiFi, 2 cameras, accelerometer, etc...). I took the 1.01 and they're come without Root & without "Bloats".

The page on IconBit website for this clone tab => http://www.iconbit.com/products/107941/

There is the ROM (100% compatible with Cube U39GT without mods) => http://files.iconbit.ru/TABLETS/NETTAB_THOR_ZX_NT-0907S/Firmware/

I test this ROM since 3 days. And I found this ROM far better than others (no big lag, and reactive.). A few French users from Dealabs Forums test it and found better than other.

And of course, you can flash back to an Cube Roms or custom Roms.

Here some screens of this ROM :

170158Screenshot20140326155419.png

457358Screenshot20140326160047.png

PS: I just do build.prop mods for TabUI & U39GT name =>

I replace in build.prop this line ro.rk.systembar.tabletUI=false with ro.rk.systembar.tabletUI=true forTabletUI

and ro.rk.systembar.voiceicon=true to ro.rk.systembar.voiceicon=false for not display volume icons.

Have fun :-D with it and I think it's a very good base for modding ROM for this Cube.

EDIT: Corrected some mistakes :/

See less See more
#6 ·
Flashed the 9.7 retina version on my U9GTV. It reminded me a lot of the DragonTouch ROM. Also crashed the same way when playing a video using XMBC /MX Player. Probably a ROM with similar roots. I really liked the way IconBIT prepare their ROM package though. Complete instructions with all the required software. I am back on the Xoro ROM.

#10 ·
So my U39GT came last week, and it came with 1.06 out of the box. I immediately went on a quest to find a good rom and decided my first pick would be this one. Followed the instructions and the rom was installed with no problem at all. Surprisingly though, the rom was not rooted, even though I've seen a multitude of other peoples posts (not here) saying the install of a ROM will root as well. This one didn't. No biggie. However went I went to root it with a couple of apps found here and there, nothing was working because I guess, I changed the kernel or something when this ROM was installed. Dunno.

Anyways, long story short, I had to use a Ubuntu machine but finally got it root WITH this ROM already installed and now I'm a happy little worker. It's a good ROM. Runs a little slow if you've got multiple apps up, but I'm not complaining too much. Some things I've noticed though:

• Dolphin browser will have 1/4 of the screen blank out on me while surfing. If you drag the screen up and down it reappears, but if you don't keep it moving, it goes away. Strange.
  • To go back and forth between open apps, you have to be on the home page before selecting the app. Otherwise it just reopens the same app you are on.
  • Charging is very very slow. I've ordered a couple USB charges for this from Amazon, but I think you need a charger pushing 2.5a or 3a to get a quicker charge.
  • I've had no problems with WIFI connect or coverage. This gets equal distance to my Kindle HD and Ipad.

More to come as I continue to play around with this new toy. New to the slatedroid family as well.

#12 ·
Hi all,

Possibility of very good news for KitKat for our device. OMA began pre test for adapt cRom (KitKat from CrewTablets) on our device => http://www.arctablet.com/blog/forum/crewrktablets-rk3188-entwicklung-customroms-development-croms/request-4-4kk-rom-for-cube-u39gt-iconbit-thor-zx/

I began the test (i'm "primus" on Arctablet Forum) => touchscreen don't work and accelerometer is inverted everyelse seem to function correctly :D (The fun began). if you want to test => is useful to provide dmesg & logcat to OMA and please don't ask for ETA or other unuseful things ...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.