Photo

New X5A-G with g-sensor, multitouch and 4GB - Battery problem discussion...

• Please log in to reply
480 replies to this topic

#1 tiberian

tiberian

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 10:35 AM

Please now refer to X5A Battery Problems - Work Around

I have one of these new X5A's and have the battery problem. During discussions with other members on the forum who have the new X5A, it turns out that only some have the battery problem. In my case it's not the mains charger, as I have the one that came with my old X5A, and the spare UK one. None of these have made a difference, nor has reflashing the firmware, or indeed flashing jschill's rom. It pretty much seems like a batch problem, either with the batteries or the onboard charging componets. Here's something for consideration. Sometime ago, I came across a "battery reset" procedure for my ipaq, which was more indepth than just discharging the battery, then recharging. The mentioned procedure actually reset the batteries charging level. It won't work for us as the afformentioned precedure involved removing the ipaq's removable battery. But I am curious though to see if we can find out if there is a procedure in existance that we could try on our X5A's.Edit: I also read somewhere that some mobile units do not charge poperly when memory cards are plugged in. After I've finished the current recharge/tests/discharge, I will try unmounting my and unplugging my sd card, then recharge again.

Edited by tiberian, 25 June 2011 - 10:38 PM.

#2 vermillion

vermillion

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 11:22 AM

I think this thread is a great idea we need to get to the bottom of this problem can people post there battery information as well found under spare parts.INFORMATION TAKEN AT FULL CHARGE.Charge time from flat = 1.5 hoursCharger = 9v 1500mAbattery's 2= 7.4V 1500mAbattery level: 90battery scale: 100battery health: goodbattery voltage 8250mVAs far as i can tell this type of battery will rapid charge to 90% then trickle or pulse charge over a longer period to reach 100%

#3 tiberian

tiberian

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 11:37 AM

Thanks vermillion. My stats looked similar to yours, and after it shutdown, I powered it back on and checked the battery info with spare parts, with the result that the battery voltage was 7050mV.

#4 masnguyen

masnguyen

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 11:44 AM

My battery voltage is around 7400mV, origin charger is 9V 1500mA, now using 3-13.5V adjustable 1000mA charger.Charge time when power off is around 1.5h, last around 1h with sound.Using #157 firmware, uninstall most of phone features and google app (for a clean tablet)

#5 vermillion

vermillion

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 11:48 AM

masnguyen can you post your remaining mV at flat battery.

#6 sheep

sheep

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 03:44 PM

I just received a pandawill G11 yesterday. Thankfully it's one of the new batch with working G sensor and multitouch. Unfortunately it appears to have the battery problem. Within an hour the battery goes right down to 10%. Then, after just a few minutes back on the charger it goes up to 90% again. I'm wondering if maybe the battery needs conditioning and will improve with a few cycles, before I go about trying to flash. Except for this issue I am loving my first android tablet!

#7 tiberian

tiberian

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 04:04 PM

You might be right sheep. Shortly after my last update, my X5A shutdown with the less than 10% warning. I power it back up to check the battery status in spare parts. Left it running until until the shutdown warning re-appearred only this time the dialogue stayed on the screen and it didn't shut down. So I held in the power and when the turn off dialogue came up I completed the power off process. Then I plugged in the power supply and leaving the x5a powerred off. I've just rechecked and the red charging light is still on. Here's hoping I've cracked it. I leaving on charge whilst off for the full 10 hrs, and I'll post the results after that.

#8 WIBBLA

WIBBLA

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 04:32 PM

Hi AllI have had the problem with my X5A and my supplier says it is a battery problem mine has been sent back to be looked at hopefully changed, They said they use them alot and get 3-5 hrs use out of them and they all use the G-Sensor one, I will let you all know when i recieve it back next week "Fingers crossed"

#9 tiberian

tiberian

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 06:27 PM

For those following this thread, a little over 3 hrs to go and the red charging light on the x5a is still active.

#10 jschill31

jschill31

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 13 November 2010 - 10:41 PM

[quote name='tiberian;91657]For those following this thread' date=' a little over 3 hrs to go and the red charging light on the x5a is still active.[/QUOTE'] Tiberian,If you want to condition the battery charge it 100% like you are doing, power off and leave charging until the red light goes off. Then first power it up into Clockwork recovery, select the advanced options and "wipe battery" then power down. Unplug from AC and use the unit until you get the 10% warning, then use it some more. Do the process of charging it with the unit off until the red light goes off. Now the battery is fully conditioned. The bad news it I have already done this once and I maybe got an extra 15 minutes of use? There is no way my Pad would go 3 hours with wifi, games or a movie playing. Either they really have bad batteries or it is some more China smoke in mirrors. It is good however to condition all batteris every month or so including LithIon.Take care

#11 masnguyen

masnguyen

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 01:20 AM

masnguyen can you post your remaining mV at flat battery.

Sure will but what is it?

#12 vermillion

vermillion

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 02:23 AM

Sure will but what is it?

after your tablet shuts down due to flat battery, turn back on and look under spare parts, battery information, battery voltage.If it will not power back up you may need to reapply the charger and then look.

#13 sheep

sheep

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 03:29 PM

After a couple of days mine seems to be improving a bit. Got about 3.5 hours out of it this morning, and at least one hour of use when the battery meter was reading 10%. Haven't yet run it to complete discharge yet but I will try tonight.

#14 GunPR

GunPR

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 03:41 PM

I have the same problem with my battery (new x5a with G-Sensor). I think is more software related than hardware. I manage to run the machine around 5 hours yesterday, turning the system every time it shuts down and using wifi all that time by the way, till the system refuses to turn on again lol. It was reading 10% battery all the time i turned the machine on again and works for like 15 to 20min using wifi and downloading Plug the charge and it jumps straight to 90% of charge, wth is that. Stays like that till "supposedly the charge is completed" and goes to 100%, unplug the charge, a few seconds later goes back to 90% and down and down and down.. huh :(Everything works fine but the machine turns off after 2 hrs of use, for some reason the tablet or os is not reading properly the status of the battery or something is going on with the internals. I read someplace that the battery replacement is the only solution for now, but i dont know about that after the test i did.Where i can find this batterys online (if is in the US the better) and how i do change them? They are just plug n play with a connector or i need to cut wires?

#15 vermillion

vermillion

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 03:49 PM

The battery's are held in by double sided tape and the leads are soldered to the main board.

#16 GunPR

GunPR

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 04:08 PM

So, cut and plug? or solder?Where i can buy replacement batterys, that are compatible size wise?

#17 Guest_geoRG77_*

Guest_geoRG77_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 November 2010 - 04:54 PM

It is not problem of the battery... I guess it is related to PCB as both #368 and #157 ROMs are working well on X5A w/o G-sensor after replacing kernel from X5A ROM, but I tried old kernel on X5A-G as well and battery problem is still there.After replacing default 1300mAh battery in X5A-G for fully working 1800mAh (from older X5A), the problem remains.

#18 GunPR

GunPR

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 04:58 PM

so this cannot be fixed with software in another words?

#19 Guest_geoRG77_*

Guest_geoRG77_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 November 2010 - 05:04 PM

I am not sure at this moment, but I don't know about any solution yet.By the way, HSG doesn't consider that as a problem and don't want to deal with it... :mad:

#20 GunPR

GunPR

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 05:08 PM

hmmmm.. Thats a big deal if you ask me bro... Wth...Is there any way we can turn off all the OS (battery status checks) from the tablet thru software? So the tablet run normally till the battery run out of juice? Thats the only solution i can think off for now.