Android Tablets Forum banner

I'm Sorry Mr. Imperfect

8K views 21 replies 2 participants last post by  Nickos-V 
#1 ·
http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/102321-requesting-recommendation/

I think you misunderstood me O_O

I really did not mean to be a bad person...

I am just saying that I don't care if you think it is bad or good what I want to know what's the best with the price I have "I am mainly a student and I don't have an income"

So I just wanted to know the best brand of those cheap once "Ainol, Pipo, Onda etc..."

And I really really don't know whether it was polite to actually close the post without waiting for a reply maybe there was something not clear between us, but hey I am a stranger and everyone will stand by the known person which is you in this case...

So, I am just sorry and I will be leaving if you think I am a bad person don't worry.

I am kind of sensitive person and that really hurts me, but thanks and sorry I am the stupid who does not speak English good and made others misunderstood me... :(

See less See more
#2 ·
You're English is mostly good but you have to be careful not to insult or fight with moderators if you disagree with them.

For tablets. First look for best ARM chip. Then size and brand name. For brands, Pipo & iFive are really good. Teclast & Yuandao are good. Avoid Cube. Ramos is fairly good brand but seen 2 people so far report charging problem.

For chips. Best today are z2580 (not ARM but x86) - Ramos i8, i9, i10 & Teclast p89, p89s & p90. M802 - only found in v975m so far which seems to have slight issues. MT8135 - which is not in any tablet yet.

Best to either get tablet with one of those chips or wait for A80 tablets to appear in the next 2-4 months. If you can't wait, buy 8 or 9" tablet with z2580 and sell it off when you go to buy tablet with A80. 9" tablets will come with 2GB RAM & bigger battery (usually 2400 mAh more) but cost more. 1GB RAM still works fairly good for Android.

Make sure to read threads based off those tablets for more input.

Reactions: Miss Dragon
#3 ·
I will also add that:

- Yuandao sometimes goes by Vido or Window

- Ainol is very popular but maybe not the best quality

- Onda is a pretty big and good brand

- Ployer is another fairly good brand

I personally would go for Pipo, (FNF) iFive, Teclast, Yuandao, Ployer or Onda. With Pipo & iFive as my top 2 choices. There is a very good reason why Roman2025 is now only selling Pipo & iFive. =)

#4 ·
You're English is mostly good but you have to be careful not to insult or fight with moderators if you disagree with them.

For tablets. First look for best ARM chip. Then size and brand name. For brands, Pipo & iFive are really good. Teclast & Yuandao are good. Avoid Cube. Ramos is fairly good brand but seen 2 people so far report charging problem.

For chips. Best today are z2580 (not ARM but x86) - Ramos i8, i9, i10 & Teclast p89, p89s & p90. M802 - only found in v975m so far which seems to have slight issues. MT8135 - which is not in any tablet yet.

Best to either get tablet with one of those chips or wait for A80 tablets to appear in the next 2-4 months. If you can't wait, buy 8 or 9" tablet with z2580 and sell it off when you go to buy tablet with A80. 9" tablets will come with 2GB RAM & bigger battery (usually 2400 mAh more) but cost more. 1GB RAM still works fairly good for Android.

Make sure to read threads based off those tablets for more input.
I did not mean to insult him/her....

Anyway please tell me one tablet just say one tablet model not brand like Onda V975M or anything...

My sister got the Onda V975M and I sadly have to say it is pretty laggy I don't know why I mean quad core CPU and octa core GPU, but why lag I don't know :(

I am not technology person I don't know a lot about CPU or GPU I only want to play games, so best CPU/GPU for that please...

And please don't give me choises I am so bad at picking one T_T

I am pretty sure you read what I want from the other post, so just one model please buddy "is it okay to call others buddy or is it an insult O.O".

I can not say enough how thankful I am to you. You are quite helpful... :)

#5 · (Edited by Moderator)
You should not use term buddy because may offend some people.

How important is 9.7" size to you? I ask because you only will be able to find tablets with RK3188 and A31 chips. Are you really against buying 8" 4x3 or 9, 10" 16x10 tablets?

Tablet size will REALLY limit your choices.

ie.

z2580 only found in Ramos & Teclast 8", 9". This is the chip I would go for today.

For the best gaming today. I would suggest Teclast (or Ramos) tablets with z2580. I would buy Teclast over Ramos but each person has to decide for themselves.

Teclast p89 (8") - comes with GPS & rear camera. Costs $20-30 more.

Teclast p89s (8") - does not have GPS and no rear camera. Little less cost.

Teclast p90 (9") - 2 GB RAM + 2400 mAh more battery than 8" but higher price and 16x10 (rectangle).

Go with one of those above. Make sure to first read any threads and reviews for the tablet you choose to buy to see what others say about it!!!

I really like 8" 4x3 size myself. 9" gives extra 1 GB RAM, higher resolution (better for reading & pictures but worse for 3D gaming performance), and bigger battery size but I really don't like 16x10 for small screens like tablets and phones.

PS,

I know it is very hard since you have no tablet now but best thing is to actually wait for AllWinner's A80 ARM chip to come out. It will be very powerful and should be here in 1.5-2 months with tablets close behind. Or buy z2580 8" (or 9") tablet today and sell it off when you go to buy A80 tablet.

Edit: added in missing words

#6 ·
The A80 ARM chip CPU is good for gaming?

I mean if it is REALLY good compared to those CPU now avaiable then I can wait no problem..

I am sick of buying tablets and they get weaker as the new games come by...

For example my PC I bought a really good video card "GTX 690 2GB" and it is still handling well, so I want the same with the tablet.

I want to get a tablet and can play games for at least 1-2 years without any problems...

#8 ·
The A80 ARM chip CPU is good for gaming?

I mean if it is REALLY good compared to those CPU now avaiable then I can wait no problem..
The AllWinner A80 is new chip coming out and should be very powerful. CPU will be octacore. 4xA15+4xA7. GPU will be PowerVR Series 6. ie. next level GPU model

A very powerful ARM chip will be RK3288 but that does not come out till about June (or July) 2014. This will be the best choice for super strong gaming on Android but longer wait since tablets will show up sometime between July-Sept.

You can't go wrong getting tablet with AllWinner A80 or Rockchip RK3288. I still need to see benchmarks for A80 to confirm GPU performance but I expect it to do really good. AllWinner made A10 which outperformed RK2918 chip. A31 chip which has stronger GPU over RK3188 but somewhat weaker CPU. With A80 chip, AllWinner should have "very good to excellent" CPU and "very good to great" GPU.

oh I forgot...

I REALLY like the iPad look I mean it is not like Galaxy Tab "deminsion wise"..

Is it clear? I mean it is like squire and I like it that way I don't want tall tablets >.<
iPad uses 4x3 aspect ratio. That means you are only interested in either 8" or 9.7" 4x3 (squarish) tablets. A few 8" are little smaller size like 7.9" or 7.85". I use resolution and product images to verify if 4x3 because I've seen one or two 8" 16x10 tablets out there.

ie. for resolution check: 4/3 = 1.3333. 1024/768 = 1.3333.

PS,

The very first 9.7" tablet to have AllWinner A80 should be Teclast T97 Air.

http://www.cnx-software.com/2013/12/10/teclast-t97-air-tablet-features-allwinner-a80-octa-core-big-little-soc

#9 ·
I think you are the same guy from the other post, so you know that my Onda V975M has something faulty in it that's why I am like so scaried right now...

About the aspect ratio I have no idea what you just said, but I think you know that I want something the iPad, so I am happy that you will recommend me like that...

So just one more thing should I wait for the A80 OR buy the A31?

If you think A31 is good enough, then please recommend me one good tablet with the things I want, because the Teclast p90 I could not find in the website I want to buy from I found the other two though :(

#10 ·
I think you are the same guy from the other post, so you know that my Onda V975M has something faulty in it that's why I am like so scaried right now...

About the aspect ratio I have no idea what you just said, but I think you know that I want something the iPad, so I am happy that you will recommend me like that...

So just one more thing should I wait for the A80 OR buy the A31?

If you think A31 is good enough, then please recommend me one good tablet with the things I want, because the Teclast p90 I could not find in the website I want to buy from I found the other two though :(
Yes, I saw your issue with Onda v975m. China tabs are made quickly and can have anywhere from 5-20% faulty ones because they are checked very quickly. Usually power on and look at display for about 1-2 mins to see if tablet is working. They don't spend much time testing out product in China because they want to make lots of tabets to ship off. This leads to some bad ones getting through to buyers who have to send back to China for replace or repair. Also, some problems are missed because pass basic testing OK but break down later on because of bad design or faulty chips (nand flash, RAM). This happened on my Cube U30GT tablet. Faulty chips will cause crashing and/or freezing and can spot those in 1-2 weeks of use. Hardware issue caused by design may take 3-5 weeks to appear. That is the price you pay for buying from China. Either do not buy from China and pay 1.5-2X more for brand name or buy from China and take small risk you may get something broken to send back.

You should wait for A80 chip to come out. A80 should have at least 2.5-3X better CPU and 2X better GPU performance over A31 chip. We should see A80 chip out in late March and A80 tablets coming out around late March to early May.

I also could not find p90 being sold by anyone. I don't think any sellers are carrying it. Maybe don't sell much Teclast? Or just too new? The two very popular China brands are Pipo & iFive for very good reason. Many happy users with those tablets because lots of firmware updates and very well made. Other brands I listed above are good too but some of them could have one or more minor issues. Either from hardware and/or firmware. Buy Pipo or iFive and you will be less likely to have any tablet problems.

I see more people buying Ramos i9 (16x10) which maybe why sellers are not carrying Teclast P90 (16x10). Sellers like to only sell the popular tablets.

9.7" tablets use 4:3 aspect raito. 8" tablets use 4:3 aspect ratio. 8" Android tablet is like iPad Mini. 9.7" is like iPad.

You can check if tablet is 4:3 aspect ratio with the resolution. Tablet is 4:3 if the resolution is also 4:3. example. 4/3 = 1.333. 1024x768 resolution is: 1024/768 = 1.333 which means 1024x768 resolution is 4:3. 1280/800 = 1.6 which is not 4:3 since it does not equal 1.333. 16/10 = 1.6. So 1280x800 = 16:10 aspect ratio since they both equal 1.6.

4:3 is almost square shape. 16:10 & 16:9 are rectangular shape. I have seen one or two 8" tablets that are rectangluar (16:10 shape) but almost all 8" tablets have 4:3 aspect ratio. Something to watch out for if you decide to ever buy 8" tablet instead.

#11 ·
Oh wow 3 times better? heck I am wating for that beast haha

If you are saying that Pipo and iFive are the best, then please do you know what tablet from those brands will carry the A80? :)

Also a really REALLY STUPID QUESTION incoming, sorry...

CPU is used to navigate through the tablet "main pages and browsing etc etc..

While GPU is used to watch videos and play games.

Am I right?

I mean if I want to get better results on playing games I will only look for GPU not CPU right?

#12 ·
Oh wow 3 times better? heck I am wating for that beast haha

If you are saying that Pipo and iFive are the best, then please do you know what tablet from those brands will carry the A80? :)
2X better GPU and 2.5X or more better CPU. Well worth the wait for A80.

Only Teclast and Onda have announced A80 tablets so far. Still too early. Most tablet makers won't say anything until 2-4 weeks before tablet release. You just have to wait and see.

Teclast gave out that info about T97 Air to build up hype and demand for this tablet. That way it sells better and becomes popular when released.

Yes, stronger GPU is more important for 3D gaming than CPU but you still need good CPU to avoid any tablet lag and have good responsiveness. CPU does not matter that much these days since most are fairly strong.

RK3066 - strong dual core Cortex A9; RK3188 - strong quad core Cortex A9; A31 - weak quad core Cortex A7; A80 - very strong octa core A15+A7; rk3288 - very strong quad core Cortex A12; z2580 - strong dual core + HT Atom X86 CPU.

Usually you will get stronger CPU and GPU with newer chips but not always the case. A31 chip had strong GPU but came with weak CPU.

Also, current China ARM chips cannot handle retina display. Slows down gaming & UI performance. Newer chips coming out from China should do better with retina display but still good idea to avoid the highest resolution and go for something around 1400x1050 or 1600x1200 - both support 720p video - for 4:3 tablet unless you spend lots of time reading, looking at images or watching 1080p video.

#13 ·
If the A80 can handle retina then great I'd love to get a tablet with retina, but if not then I am fine with 720P tablet...

You mean that there is hope that those good brands will make tablet with A80? Also I am really interested in trying the Onda I mean my sister's tablet is so freaking amazing...

It just lags a bit when navigating, but other than that it is amazing for playing games....

I think I need to upgrade the firmware for her "I downloaded the update, but she was so scared that she said I am happy with it that way" haha

I can not find an offical way to install that update, so I was just going to try somethings on her tablet, so she is scary haha

#14 ·
A80 should handle retina display better than rk3188 and a31 and probably as good or better than m802 (v975m).

iFive and Pipo are using rk3188 right now. Very good chance they will go with rk3288. Some other brands will use A80 though. Just have to wait and see who.

Newer firmware on v975m will improve things. You should flash it sooner rather than later. There is more info in the main v975m thread. I saw around 5 posts in there for firmware upgrade but will give simple guide.

1. download newer firmware for your tablet

2. unpack to sdcard. File names should be in English. Make sure sdcard is good and somewhat newer. ie. not worn out. Use chkdsk on Windows to check sdcard for errors before and after putting the files onto it. This way you know if sdcard is good or bad.

3. Put sdcard in the tablet

4. hold vol up + power button. This should boot tablet into recovery mode.

5. Choose flash firmware option and wait for upgrade to finish. Tablet should reboot when done. Should take few minutes.

I have not done sdcard update myself since I only had to flash firmware with PC but those are pretty much the steps you have to follow.

With bad sdcard, tablet will likely not flash firmware since Android should do CRC check on file and see that it is corrupted but best to avoid this issue in the 1st place.

#15 ·
A80 should handle retina display better than rk3188 and a31 and probably as good or better than m802 (v975m).

iFive and Pipo are using rk3188 right now. Very good chance they will go with rk3288. Some other brands will use A80 though. Just have to wait and see who.

Newer firmware on v975m will improve things. You should flash it sooner rather than later. There is more info in the main v975m thread. I saw around 5 posts in there for firmware upgrade but will give simple guide.

1. download newer firmware for your tablet

2. unpack to sdcard. File names should be in English. Make sure sdcard is good and somewhat newer. ie. not worn out. Use chkdsk on Windows to check sdcard for errors before and after putting the files onto it. This way you know if sdcard is good or bad.

3. Put sdcard in the tablet

4. hold vol up + power button. This should boot tablet into recovery mode.

5. Choose flash firmware option and wait for upgrade to finish. Tablet should reboot when done. Should take few minutes.

I have not done sdcard update myself since I only had to flash firmware with PC but those are pretty much the steps you have to follow.

With bad sdcard, tablet will likely not flash firmware since Android should do CRC check on file and see that it is corrupted but best to avoid this issue in the 1st place.
I am not sure now RK3288 or A80 in term of playing games? I think A80 yes?

Also, V975M sucks at handling the retina display man >.<

I mean it is so laggy when navigating or do anything beside playing or watching T_T

Also I can not access the recovery mode at all... I held both volume buttons and the power button, but it simply starts the tablet to the main screen and that's it...

Is there anyway to get the tablet to work smoother? If not then, my sister is really fine with the standard screen I mean is there anyway to lower the resolution?

#16 ·
I am not sure now RK3288 or A80 in term of playing games? I think A80 yes?

Also, V975M sucks at handling the retina display man >.<
Both chips should be good. rk3288 will probably have stronger GPU but take 3-4 months longer to come out. Also, Pipo & FNF (iFive) will use rk3288 instead of A80 in their newest tablet models.

For v975m you should post your quesitons in this thread instead to get help from people who have that tablet:

http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/100698-onda-v975m/

To upgrade firmware on v975m see post below. There are other upgrade posts in that thread too so make sure to look it over:

http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/100698-onda-v975m/?p=1163073

Newer firmware upgrades usually improve stability, bugs and even performance. Always good to upgrade firmware to latest version.

Resolution is set by the tablet maker. I have seen a few tablets with 2 settings for the resolution. I think Pipo? Those can change resolution in Android->settings but most China tablets do not have any way to change it. So you are stuck with the resolution tablet came with. All current China tablets have trouble with retina display because GPU too weak to handle.

Most 3D games play are around 24-28 FPS on v975m. Need to hit avg 30+ FPS to have smooth gaming. See below:

http://www.padnews.cn/?p=7086

Also, you can see M802 beats RK3188 @ 2048x1536 but RK3188 does much better over M802 @ 1600x1200.

Reactions: mrsburnout
#17 ·
I will wait for few months to get a80 tablet then.

Please tell me for gaming:

Chiwu V88

Pipo U8

Any other 7.9 with quad core and 1-2GB and 16GB I want something just for those 2-4months...

I talked to the seller about my tablet V975M "I hope you remember" he said I can send you a new one for free and I will pay just a little bit of money...

Quickly please I am waiitng for your reply Nickos :)

#18 ·
I will wait for few months to get a80 tablet then.

Please tell me for gaming:

Chiwu V88

Pipo U8
z2580 and m802 are better chips out today for China tablets but I would buy Pipo U8 (RK3188) because RK3188 + 1024x768 should reach 30+ FPS for almost any game you play. Pipo is top China brand and very popular. Same for iFive.

Testing on my Yuandao N80 (8", 1024x768, RK3066) resulted with Asphalt 8: 27+ AVG FPS, Clash Of Lords: 34-40 FPS and Galaxy Legend: 40-50 FPS. RK3188 @ 1024x768 should do about 30% better. Gaming should feel pretty smooth if you get 30+ FPS. Not an issue with rk3188 tablets that are 1024x768 (4:3) or 1280x800 (16:10).

You can also go with another Onda v975m if you like your sister's tablet or you can try out Teclast p89 or p89s. Only thing for p89 is I saw in one review mention of slight hissing problem which turned me off for this tablet. Either caused by bad speakers, cheap wiring and/or bad board design.

That's why better to go with U8 instead of p89 if you no longer want to get v975m.

U8 costs less than v975m so hopefully seller will give partial refund back to you. Check AliExpress for pricing to see the cost difference. Arrange first by price and only look at sellers who have crowns or diamonds.

http://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesale-pipo-u8.html?SearchText=pipo%2Bu8&CatId=100005062&pvId=200000560-8686&shipCountry=ca&isFavorite=y&initiative_id=SB_20140212100808&isAtmOnline=n&SortType=price_asc&isrefine=y

UPDATE: Roman says iFive Mini3 (but not Mini3 HD model) is the best choice. Pipo U8 had (or has?) serious touchscreen issues but not sure what. So maybe go with Mini3 instead?

http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/92145-fnf-ifive-mini3

That's why important to read tablet threads on Slatedroid 1st before buying certain brand & model.

Pipo is normally very good so not sure what happened with U8. No idea if touchscreen issues are hardware or software related. I can see from Roman's site that he sells iFive for 8 & 9" and 9.4-10.1" sizes for Pipo. Roman has tested and used lots of different China tablets so I trust him to know which brands and models are best to sell and use. =)

https://www.topnotchtablets.com/tablets

Much nicer to have tablet with 2GB RAM but the Mini3 seems to have 4.4 Android version which is improved to work better with 1GB RAM tablets.

http://www.ifive.com.cn/service/downloads/ifive mini3/index.html

PS,

8" is perfect size for many people since very portable but 9.7" gives you bigger display and battery. So, you have to decide if that is more important to you. You will get 1.75-2X more battery life with 9.7" tablet versus 8" tablet.

#19 ·
The A80 tablet I am planning to get the moment it is out, but for now I want a cheap replacement 7.9 is just fine and it is pretty cheap. I know it is cheaper than the V975M, BUT the seller only promised me to refund me the cost of the actual tablet which is 1000RMB, that's why I wanted a cheaper replacement...

You don't know how thankful I am to you.. I know I am really bad at discussing... I keep jumping from here to there and everytime I do that you stood there and help me over and over... >.<

At first, I threw this post just to say sorry to the other person and I did not expect anyone to help me...

I... I am just so gratful to you!!!

One more question I hope it is the last one "I am sorry for asking too much I just don't usually get the chance to ask prof. people"... I found two versions of the Mini3 one of them is FHD and the other is not, I think the one you wanted me to get is the not FHD? Why if that's the case... I mean is there a problem with the HD version?

Thanks a lot!

#20 ·
A80 will come sooner but rk3288 will likely have the better GPU of the two. A80 GPU should still be very good but you may want to wait for rk3288 if you are using another tablet.

I... I am just so gratful to you!!!

One more question I hope it is the last one "I am sorry for asking too much I just don't usually get the chance to ask prof. people"... I found two versions of the Mini3 one of them is FHD and the other is not, I think the one you wanted me to get is the not FHD? Why if that's the case... I mean is there a problem with the HD version?
HD version is very high resolution and should avoid it for reasons I give below.

High resolution display = sharper text (great for reading/zooming small sized text), sharper image (better seen when zooming in), much lower 3D gaming performance and higher battery use because have more pixels on screen = more work for GPU = higher battery drain

1024x768 is still a good resolution for 8" tablet.

You could take a big hit in 3D gaming going from 1024x768 to 2048x1536.

http://gfxbench.com/compare.jsp?D1=Five+Technology+ifive+2S&os1=Android&api1=gl&D2=Five+Technology+ifive+2S+HD&cols=2#compare-bench-gfx27

Use link above. Click GFXBench2.7 since it defaults to GFXBench 3.0.

Notice same tablet maker and ARM chip but tablet comes in 2 different resolutions. The offscreen tests should be very much the same since done in buffer and measure raw GPU performance @ 1080p for the ARM chip which is rk3188 in this case.

For onscreen tests. Notice the non-HD gets 71-87% better performance in T-Rex tests. T-Rex is very intense GPU test and why you see very low FPS scores. Today most games on Android are closer to or less intense than Egypt test. So, you "might" be OK for 3D gaming with HD tablet but I cannot say for sure.

Interesting thing about Egypt onscreen test is that both HD and non-HD get the same score. I can only assume test is limited by CPU or maybe very simple 3D bench because higher resolutions should give lower performance. ie. something must be limiting FPS on low resolution tablet because they should not score the same. Not really sure what is going on there. I see the same thing when comparing iFive 2S vs Pipo M6 Pro.

http://gfxbench.com/compare.jsp?D1=Five+Technology+ifive+2S&os1=Android&api1=gl&D2=Pipo+M6+Pro&cols=2

I used to look at PC benchmarks many years ago. The lowest resolutions get the highest FPS and highest resolutions get lowest FPS with same graphics card. Same thing is true for any 3D gaming on any OS.

Here is compare (click GFXBench 2.7) between Pipo U8 & Mini3 (both using 1024x768):

http://gfxbench.com/compare.jsp?D1=Pipo+U8&os1=Android&api1=gl&D2=Five+Technology+iFive+Mini+3&cols=2

Too bad Mini3 only comes with 1GB RAM but it will still work pretty good with Android 4.1-4.3. Mini3 will work really great if you use Android 4.4 which improved OS memory use.

#22 · (Edited by Moderator)
No worries. I am glad to have been of huge help to you. =) Happy you joined the light instead of the dark!!! ie. dark side = iPad =). Darth Vader (ie. Apple) isn't happy about that. lol.

You will really enjoy Android tablets! Android 2.3 - OK. 4.0 - good (new look, features and feel). 4.1 - very good (speed fixes). 4.4 - great (much better memory use). By 5.x, Android should be excellent and could use ART instead of DALVIK (more responsive, less CPU and quicker)!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.