Android Tablets Forum banner

The latest ROM from ainol

67K views 118 replies 28 participants last post by  xoen 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi everyone. A new ROM release from ainol. A big thanks to CXZ for bringing us the link.

grab it here: http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/52722-ainol-actions-7029-roms/page__st__500__p__1144154#entry1144154

You'll need a new PAD tool - version 1.05.02 Grab it here: http://pan.baidu.com/s/1iqXD8

It looks a little different from the others.

Run it through the patcher to get the 2gb. flash as usual. Hold power button a little longer than usual after flashing. Have fun! Come back and share your thoughts.

See less See more
#6 ·
Does anyone remeber how to overclock 7025 to 1.1Ghz, from 948Mhz. Changing input_boost=1 doesn't help in interactive governor.

BTW Kernel Tuner isn't working on this ROM, try Android tuner free for setting governor.
Hi mg. What tweaks are you using in android tuner? Rom toolbox pro lets me set the boost. Hate to say it but nothing is going to let us get to 1104 with this rom, as far as I can tell.

CPU tweaks
Android tuner free
Root tweaker
Kernel tuner

Non can do it, as far as I can see.

#7 ·
Hi Laura, Thanks. I remember there was something discussed on Zokko forum & post that I had mine Tab working at 1.1Ghz, but I can't replicate the same now.

I used Andriod tuner free/ Rom tool box pro to set input_boost=1, it was not happening with KT. Haven't looked further but felt Android tuner to have good options, worth exploring. Will tell forum after exploring.

Another app, I guess mentioned earlier in other posts, is xposed framework & module gravity box : lots of options. I have this on my phone, will try it over tab. on the fly changes. Makes you feel like developer ;)

#10 ·
Does anyone remeber how to overclock 7025 to 1.1Ghz, from 948Mhz. Changing input_boost=1 doesn't help in interactive governor.

BTW Kernel Tuner isn't working on this ROM, try Android tuner free for setting governor.
use root browser go to

/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/user/

there should be boost change value from 0 to 1 save change peremission to only read

#20 ·
its working only with newest aniol rom's. for older u have to edit inst-jb.sh in JustBoost cxz:

#!/system/bin/sh
# JustBoost[cxz]
echo "#!/system/bin/sh">>/system/etc/install-recovery.sh
echo "echo '1'>/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/user/boost">>/system/etc/install-recovery.sh
echo "busybox chmod 440 /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/user/boost">>/system/etc/install-recovery.sh
busybox chmod 544 /system/etc/install-recovery.sh

and change bold to for example

/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/interactive/boost

it will work like kernel tuner before

or u can also add

echo "echo '1'>/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/gpufreq/policy">>/system/etc/install-recovery.sh
echo "busybox chmod 440 /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/gpufreq/policy">>/system/etc/install-recovery.sh

then 3d gpu wil up to 502000000

#23 · (Edited by Moderator)
I wouldn't be so sure about that. As I said I have used that tweak before.

Also Kernel Tuner works in new firmware when restored from a backup, or with little tweaking.

Haven't updated mine, so I don't know if the newer version works without tweaking. (it's the latest, 4.4.8 )

#24 · (Edited by Moderator)
I wouldn't be so sure about that. As I said I have used that tweak before.

Also Kernel Tuner works in new firmware when restored from a backup, or with little tweaking.

Haven't updated mine, so I don't know if the newer version works without tweaking. (it's the latest, 4.4.8 )
The kernel tuner CPU tweaks, V 4.4.8 doesn't work on the venus with this rom. Besides, with your zip I don't need it. The kernel tuner is only about 25% compatible with my tablet. so you're installing a lot of crap you can't even use. Everything else (compatible) in it I can do with my ROM toolbox (pro).

so the zip is better.. :clapping: thank you!

#26 · (Edited by Moderator)
Don't know about rights or wrongs, but you're quite fast finding things out.

How I made the Kernel Tuner work was by adding <string name="user_boost">1</string> to

/data/data/rs.pedjaapps.KernelTuner/shared_prefs/rs.pedjaapps.KernelTuner_preferences.xml

Tablet has to be restarted before the values show.

To get rid of JustBoost just delete the /system/etc/install-recovery.sh file,

or if you have some custom ROM using it, remove the last couple of lines.

(starting with #!/system/bin/sh)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.