Android Tablets Forum banner

Aimless TearDown

24K views 45 replies 25 participants last post by  hectorantonio 
#1 ·
Original contributors: Aimless_E, Matt
Here are the picks from the Aimless Teardown (hope he doesn't mind)I think it wouldn't be that hard to get into the device. The "hooks" are on the back side of the case where the "eyes" are on the screen side. There are three per side except the bottom where there are two screws. The battery looks pretty bog standard and has ZYT-91 written on the controller board. For those that wanted to know the PS outputs 9v 1.5A, polarity is center Positive, and the Model number is K-Q6 The wireless adapter seems to be replaceable.. maybe we could find one with blue-tooth. Might be a nice mod. The battery does get warm during charging, and when your watching videos while on battery but I didn't notice during e-book reading or web surfing. The heat might be one of the reasons the battery drains so quickly, but thats only a guess. With the screens backlight turned up all the way the device is usable in indirect sun. But full sun is well out of the question. Also I was wrong about the lighting it is back-lit but there is no reflective tape around the edges of the LCD screen which allows allot of light to bleed through the back of the case. The auto rotate app sound like it could be promising...Good find.
A couple more pics for reference. This is the CPU/NAND? module. Looks to have an extra place for extra ram on the back. This is what is in the ddr2 slot.

#4 ·
[quote author=Simon link=topic=9.msg103#msg103 date=1273775064]I want to know if it is possible to have the battery change to a higher capacity, and what is the recommendation.Otherwise, is there any portable charger that can use to charge it on the fly?The 2 hour battery hour may not be enough for a day use.[/quote]I gues that any battery with same size and voltage could fit.

#9 ·
[quote author=aso link=topic=9.msg278#msg278 date=1273836401]I've seen the pictures and about the size of the original battery is 8cmx10cmx1cmif successful it would be possible to put 4 of these batteries, two parallel and two serial= 7.4v and 4600mah, two and a half times more battery.[/quote]Sounds promising

#11 ·
I am not used to that kind of work, but ill try to open it as soon as i get mine. Anyways, if i see i can break it by triying, ill stop.Maybe is better to contact the one how made this teardown and ask him.If it fits, for less of 35 bucks we can have 4-5 hours of use with the wifi on and more than 6 (maybe 7) without it.

#12 ·
[quote author=Mike link=topic=9.msg13#msg13 date=1273701323]For those that wanted to know the PS outputs 9v 1.5A, polarity is center Positive, and the Model number is K-Q6 [quote author=Radek link=topic=9.msg273#msg273 date=1273834869]The original is 7.4V?[/quote][/quote]In the spec, it mentioned it is 7.4V. And the replacement battery would fit nicely if the size is OK. But Mike's post mentioned that the PS output is 9V 1.5A. Which one is correct??

#25 ·
[quote author=shamus link=topic=9.msg801#msg801 date=1274117157]And this one?.http://cgi.ebay.com/7-4v-5200mAh-20...Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item255aaf56abCan someone with the device see how thick is the battery?.[/quote]These are LiPo, Lithium Polymer batteries, for R/C helicopters and cars, and while they have big capacities, they are quite unstable if not charged with a special balance charger. You couldn't just solder one of these in, and if you did it'd probably do something nasty when you plugged in the regular charger.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.